GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > MFC Team Products > iBUS Tools For Apple Watch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 20:58   #31 (permalink)

Member: 2678754
Thanks Meter: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattywav View Post
Soooo no one can help? I bought from the GSM website and they wont return my emails. Did I just waste my money buying from this reseller?
There is no firmware right now for S1 & S2 that actually works. It's not going to make a difference if you register or not.

Old 01-08-2018, 22:13   #32 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2794635
Thanks Meter: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattywav View Post
Soooo no one can help? I bought from the GSM website and they wont return my emails. Did I just waste my money buying from this reseller?
I know it sounds sketchy, but PM me the login and I’ll activate it for you.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:48   #33 (permalink)

Member: 2797046
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackedbyj4 View Post
I know it sounds sketchy, but PM me the login and I’ll activate it for you.
Thank you! Just did 👌🏾👌🏾

Old 01-11-2018, 18:01   #34 (permalink)

Member: 2798521
When using iBus and the MFC dongle, do you just connect iBus over lightning on the 3-in-1 OTG cable or do you need another adapter for that ?

Old 01-11-2018, 18:25   #35 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 79315
Thanks Meter: 6,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippler View Post
When using iBus and the MFC dongle, do you just connect iBus over lightning on the 3-in-1 OTG cable or do you need another adapter for that ?

iBus tool with lightning cable

Old 01-17-2018, 00:43   #36 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I found that even watches that have old build/estimated purchase dates on GSX can still work. I'm using a watch as my personal one and it works perfect, and the estimated purchase date is 1-1-1985.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackedbyj4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 10:56   #37 (permalink)

Member: 2797290
Hello. Where can I find the firmware. I bought iBus s1 for the release of my watch but nowhere can I find the firmware for my work

Old 01-18-2018, 18:19   #38 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik234 View Post
Hello. Where can I find the firmware. I bought iBus s1 for the release of my watch but nowhere can I find the firmware for my work
Make sure to activate it on the dashboard first

https://www.mfcbox.com/content/apple...ipsw-firmware/

Old 01-20-2018, 15:13   #39 (permalink)

Member: 2801966
Quote:
Hey, I wanted to let you know that I found that even watches that have old build/estimated purchase dates on GSX can still work. I'm using a watch as my personal one and it works perfect, and the estimated purchase date is 1-1-1985.
This is really important information but there are many questions left about replacing an Apple Watch S3 demo watchOS with an officially released watchOS. Whether you have an answer to them or someone else that can chime in would be greatly appreciated to help those who do have this hardware, plan on purchasing it, or would like to use a service provided by someone else.

1. After replacing the watchOS demo software. Are you able to update the S3 through the normal OTA, paired to iPhone, method without the need for the MFC Dongle and/or iBUS S2?
2. After replacement; are you able to factory reset the S3 and setup for a new user or restore without the need for this hardware?
3. Would you suspect if there could ever be a time when you would need this hardware for any reason after demo software replacement?
4. Anything different from a retail watch and demo with how the S3 is recognized by the iPhone after pairing or for linking to an existing iCloud account?
5. Does the demo S3, after replacement, use all of the official Apple store apps, stickers, etc. similar to the retail watch?
6. Has anyone used one of these demo S3 watches, after software replacement, to provision and activate it with a compatible LTE network carrier?
7. With the other Apple watch series S0, S1, & S2; there was only a need for the iBUS S1 or S2 for the appropriate watch and access to iTunes software in a Windows or macOS environment. What's different about the S3 that has changed, software or hardware related, which disallows the sole use of the iBUS S2 but requires the MFC Dongle as well?

Old 01-20-2018, 18:09   #40 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHA05 R31GN5 View Post
This is really important information but there are many questions left about replacing an Apple Watch S3 demo watchOS with an officially released watchOS. Whether you have an answer to them or someone else that can chime in would be greatly appreciated to help those who do have this hardware, plan on purchasing it, or would like to use a service provided by someone else.

1. After replacing the watchOS demo software. Are you able to update the S3 through the normal OTA, paired to iPhone, method without the need for the MFC Dongle and/or iBUS S2?
2. After replacement; are you able to factory reset the S3 and setup for a new user or restore without the need for this hardware?
3. Would you suspect if there could ever be a time when you would need this hardware for any reason after demo software replacement?
4. Anything different from a retail watch and demo with how the S3 is recognized by the iPhone after pairing or for linking to an existing iCloud account?
5. Does the demo S3, after replacement, use all of the official Apple store apps, stickers, etc. similar to the retail watch?
6. Has anyone used one of these demo S3 watches, after software replacement, to provision and activate it with a compatible LTE network carrier?
7. With the other Apple watch series S0, S1, & S2; there was only a need for the iBUS S1 or S2 for the appropriate watch and access to iTunes software in a Windows or macOS environment. What's different about the S3 that has changed, software or hardware related, which disallows the sole use of the iBUS S2 but requires the MFC Dongle as well?
Hi! I've repaired tons of all models of Apple Watches from demo mode. Over 150 at least, and had only 2 fail because their motherboards were faulty. I would love to help answer your questions.

1. Yes, unless the watch is stolen and it gets stuck on the Terms of Service screen. I have not found a reliable way to check before you do it though. But otherwise yes, it will update just fine. It's the same method that Apple uses to fix the famous "Exclamation Point" issue.

2. Yes, you will be able to use it just like a normal watch. Except for the waterproof feature, because demos always have the diagnostic port cover under the band removed. You could probably just buy one on eBay for a few cent though.

3. Usually, No. This software is very helpful, however, if you get the "Exclamation Point" issue due to failed update, reset, etc.

4. Yes/No. No for the iPhone, it usually just takes it for a normal watch bought from the store. However, if the LTE model, the cellular companies will identify the watch as demo. They took my 42mm Series 3 LTE as "APPLE WATCH S3 42 AL DEMO"

5. Yes, it uses the same software and the files are the exact same ones used in the Apple Store. I've been using a series 3 LTE demo since the firmware came out from MFC (Last year) and it works perfectly fine. I've updated it, sent messages on it, installed apps, and everythign in between.

6. That is one thing I actually have not tried. I have Verizon USA and I went to the "Bring Your Own Device" portal and normally, if there is a bad IMEI, it will let you know. On this watch, it did not say that and looked like it was willing to let me continue. So I think you would be good to go.

7. Basically, for a reason that I honestly have no idea on (You could ask MFC directly), there are MFC firmware versions, and Apple firmware versions. Not sure what the difference is, but on the watch app, it passes verification and works identically to the Apple versions. To restore these MFC versions, you would need to get the correct iBUS, and then the MFC Dongle from the mfcbox.com "Mall" page.

I hope that helped. Please let me know if you have more questions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackedbyj4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 03:50   #41 (permalink)

Member: 2802137
Wink

Got so exited for the new release update since the mfcbox website stated "Signed files are downloadable. The means that can restored by MFC Software or by iTunes." on the s3 download page but once at download drive link says not working with itunes lol

Old 01-21-2018, 08:37   #42 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 79315
Thanks Meter: 6,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykstyle View Post
Got so exited for the new release update since the mfcbox website stated "Signed files are downloadable. The means that can restored by MFC Software or by iTunes." on the s3 download page but once at download drive link says not working with itunes lol
@ 1 post user.
and what you wannt to say ? you did not read "Working software" before you download

Old 01-24-2018, 20:38   #43 (permalink)

Thanks so much. At the moment, this answers all of the questions I had concerning whether I should embark on having the demo watchOS replaced by the retail version. It would be nice if the forum was more organized and information concerning this procedure, the risks, and other pertinent information was supplied by the MFC Team. I would imagine that it would reduce the number of people that post who would have not needed to. I did find a website that had IPSW files which are the official Apple supplied firmware for their devices using iOS. I've only hash checked a couple of them but the website provides an external link to Apple servers. Perhaps, others on this forum have used or came across this website. If it's not against forum policy and the site is safe, then I'm posting it in hopes that it's not removed for any violations. I've scanned the URL and IPSW files for an iPhone and iPad with VirusTotal and they are clean, as well.
hxxps://i p s w . m e / (replace "x" with "t" and remove spaces)

Old 01-24-2018, 22:53   #44 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHA05 R31GN5 View Post
Thanks so much. At the moment, this answers all of the questions I had concerning whether I should embark on having the demo watchOS replaced by the retail version. It would be nice if the forum was more organized and information concerning this procedure, the risks, and other pertinent information was supplied by the MFC Team. I would imagine that it would reduce the number of people that post who would have not needed to. I did find a website that had IPSW files which are the official Apple supplied firmware for their devices using iOS. I've only hash checked a couple of them but the website provides an external link to Apple servers. Perhaps, others on this forum have used or came across this website. If it's not against forum policy and the site is safe, then I'm posting it in hopes that it's not removed for any violations. I've scanned the URL and IPSW files for an iPhone and iPad with VirusTotal and they are clean, as well.
hxxps://i p s w . m e / (replace "x" with "t" and remove spaces)
You’re very welcome. For the moment that site only has OTA versions, and they can’t be restored in itunes. Those are the files that the iPhone downloads when you hit update “watch”

Old 01-24-2018, 23:14   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
You’re very welcome. For the moment that site only has OTA versions, and they can’t be restored in itunes. Those are the files that the iPhone downloads when you hit update “watch”
The site contains the full IPSW file structure in a zipped and archived directory. However, if someone knows how to encrypt and archive this zipped file back to IPSW, then it would be the same Apple watchOS release. IPSW is nothing more than an encrypted and archived file.

Closed Thread