GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > MFC Team Products > iBUS Tools For Apple Watch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2019, 20:27   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2906503
Thanks Meter: 0
IBUS S2 tool with signed IPSW?

Hi all, first time post here.
I have a Series 2 with which I would like to overwrite the demo software.
I see it stated that there is currently no signed IPSW available.
However, over at IPSW "dot" me, all the IPSW's once available and they are all indicated as being signed by Apple.
My question is, why wouldn't one of these work with the ibus?
Is it that iTunes needs to verify with Apple's servers that the IPSW is signed?

Old 04-24-2019, 06:52   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 79315
Thanks Meter: 6,024
i have repled same thing HERE:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/13612537-post2.html

The Following User Says Thank You to .::Gsmdenis::. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2019, 16:52   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2466640
Thanks Meter: 18
The IPSW files that you find all over the net are "OTA" files -- these are the updates that Apple sends out "Over The Air". OTA files contain only the parts of the code that have changed. To do a reflash for digitizer issues or to cancel demo mode you need the entire OS bundle including bootloader and everything else. It's tempting to think that one could combine several OTA files to produce a complete IPSW but there's still the matter of putting a valid Apple signature on what you've assembled.

I think the more feasible solution would be to create a server that mimics Apple's, then modify your hosts file to use that server instead of Apple's. Saurik has done this but not for Apple Watch.

The complete IPSW files are tightly controlled by Apple and only become available when an Apple employee violates their employment contract. That's why they're hard to get.

The Following User Says Thank You to cgordon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 19:29   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgordon View Post
The IPSW files that you find all over the net are "OTA" files -- these are the updates that Apple sends out "Over The Air". OTA files contain only the parts of the code that have changed. To do a reflash for digitizer issues or to cancel demo mode you need the entire OS bundle including bootloader and everything else. It's tempting to think that one could combine several OTA files to produce a complete IPSW but there's still the matter of putting a valid Apple signature on what you've assembled.
Great, thanks for the reply!
The files at IPSW "dot" me include both the differential "OTA" files which you refer to as well as the full IPSW, which is not dependent on a previous version. This full IPSW for the most recent OS version (5.2.1 only available since April 22) is the full 1.4 GB. The differential files are much smaller of course and dependent on a current OS install.

If these files are drawn directly from Apple servers, and presumably, if you grab the very latest OS version (5.2.1 in this case), wouldn't this version be signed upon install within Itunes provided your watch is in DFU mode?

Old 04-26-2019, 09:29   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie082005 View Post

If these files are drawn directly from Apple servers, and presumably, if you grab the very latest OS version (5.2.1 in this case), wouldn't this version be signed upon install within Itunes provided your watch is in DFU mode?

there is (currently) no way to restore the OTA files by software for the moment

Old 04-27-2019, 12:40   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::Gsmdenis::. View Post
there is (currently) no way to restore the OTA files by software for the moment
Also not with MFC? If not, why is everyone concerned about getting proper support with ibus and MFC if you can't do anything with it? It seems like I'm missing something.

Old 04-27-2019, 18:28   #7 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie082005 View Post
Also not with MFC? If not, why is everyone concerned about getting proper support with ibus and MFC if you can't do anything with it? It seems like I'm missing something.

Windows 10 update files can be used to install the entire Windows 10 OS ?

Old 04-28-2019, 13:33   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Windows 10 update files can be used to install the entire Windows 10 OS ?
No, but this is why you need the full OS install. The IPSW must not be dependent on a prior install of course and must include all the partition information. This IPSW is the full 1.4GB which seems to be available. This is not a differential or update IPSW.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:02   #9 (permalink)

Member: 2894274
I do see that they are signed as well but I keep getting an error saying "The Apple Watch "Apple Watch" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible. I've tried the 1.4gb 5.1 and others, any idea?

Old 04-30-2019, 05:26   #10 (permalink)
Product Manager

The signed status only be relative to related ipsw version.

let's say Full IPSW (iPhone Software) contains data as 1 2 3 4, But OTA file (Over The Air) only contains data maybe only 3 or 4 or related combination (this called updates or paths). and iTunes only recognize full IPSW. that's it.

Old 08-08-2019, 20:51   #11 (permalink)

Member: 168888
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
The signed status only be relative to related ipsw version.

let's say Full IPSW (iPhone Software) contains data as 1 2 3 4, But OTA file (Over The Air) only contains data maybe only 3 or 4 or related combination (this called updates or paths). and iTunes only recognize full IPSW. that's it.
And You are sell hardware as 0 0 0 0 without OTA for iBus.
Be honest and tell people to not buy it or better, block buy option for it as You cannot give any support right now.

Sorry if I am too much real in speech. Nothing against You in person but for product.... Man, zero!

PS in OTA is depend of what They want to update, so can be 1 2 3 4 (as You say) and can be just 1 2 0 0 if They update only boot loader and some system files, so it is not just "like that". Take a better look there.
Goodbye

Old 08-10-2019, 05:09   #12 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergy View Post
And You are sell hardware as 0 0 0 0 without OTA for iBus.
Be honest and tell people to not buy it or better, block buy option for it as You cannot give any support right now.

Sorry if I am too much real in speech. Nothing against You in person but for product.... Man, zero!

PS in OTA is depend of what They want to update, so can be 1 2 3 4 (as You say) and can be just 1 2 0 0 if They update only boot loader and some system files, so it is not just "like that". Take a better look there.
Goodbye

What 's mean 1 2 0 0 ? seems u can made it

BTW, People who bought iBus not only doing restore the OS, but also for develop, and as we know, Many people can do restore/ Upgrade their apple watch for this moment.

Old 08-11-2019, 15:56   #13 (permalink)

Member: 2725963
mimics firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgordon View Post

I think the more feasible solution would be to create a server that mimics Apple's, then modify your hosts file to use that server instead of Apple's. Saurik has done this but not for Apple Watch.

The complete IPSW files are tightly controlled by Apple and only become available when an Apple employee violates their employment contract. That's why they're hard to get.
Has any 1 tryed this by using older IPSW this would be great . does anyone have series 3 demo IPSW is it possible to install series 3 demo IPSW on older watches

Old 08-23-2019, 17:05   #14 (permalink)

Member: 488109
Thanks Meter: 1
Is it possible to install series 0 watch software?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

The Following User Says Thank You to bloodsday For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread