GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone X / iPhone SE (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f1036/)
-   -   iPhone X Face ID NOt working after change screen Rumor (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f1036/iphone-x-face-id-not-working-after-change-screen-rumor-2405573/)

matthew.ebay 05-18-2018 16:41

iPhone X Face ID NOt working after change screen Rumor

People said the face ID will stop working as soon as you replace the screen. I havent have a chance to work on iPhone X yet but if anyone have work on iPhone X please confirm the info

Is Face ID stop working because changing screen on iPhone X?

Also on the 8/8 plus the light sensor will stop working too after change screen. I think it is a non sense rumor but still need confirm from a Pro

jonysant 05-20-2018 12:38

help me anyone same problem

Sitlay KING 05-20-2018 14:01

Nope , it get stop if you mistakenly damage the cable of face id.

matthew.ebay 05-20-2018 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitlay KING (Post 13141757)
Nope , it get stop if you mistakenly damage the cable of face id.

That is what I really think too. But many people who fixing phone report there is a problem with Face ID after changing screen

Also the same with the light sensor.

I will update when I have some customer come to my shop for 8/8 Plus

I currently dont service iPhone X

matthew.ebay 05-24-2018 20:16

I confirm that the auto brightness broken after you change the screen. Even when you factory reset the phone. The auto brightness still not working

Got a phone that come today and it stop working as soon as the new screen was put on the phone.

Diven 05-30-2018 08:39

So have you confirmed it?

AmieeWhite 06-04-2018 09:58

Is it can be work with original touch screen?

matthew.ebay 06-05-2018 18:30

The LCD and the sensor tight together.

Work like home button and motherboard ---> you change screen, the light sensor will not work.

Original LCD that come with the phone --> Working

Amanda0820 09-05-2018 08:59

The screen replacing would not affect face ID function at all according to our practical verification.
1. Resort to resetting face ID. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Reset Face ID
2. Disassemble the phone.
3. Then remove screws
4. Solder the Flood illuminator module to a new flex cable
5. Replace with a new flex cable. Remove the Flood illuminator module on the flex cable first. Prepare a new flex cable.
6. Re-solder the ambient light sensor module and earpiece speaker.
7. Re-assemble the phone and test. Press power button to power on. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Set up Face ID. Face ID can be set up successfully.

Yilia 03-23-2020 06:40

Have you ever confirmed the hardware issue? You can ask Apple Support to check whether the screen is installed without problem.

While for the software issues, you can try to update with iTunes or update iOS on iPhone X. It is also possible to fix potential system errors with an iOS system recovery Mac, using it to repair with No data loss. Or you can apply it to remove your Face ID without passcode and iTunes quickly.

AmieeWhite 03-26-2020 10:27

It maybe is caused by camera flex cable damage during screen replace. Check this repair case - iPhone x face ID not working after change screen please, you will get something from it.

::. zine .:: 03-26-2020 11:13

you need to buy new flex cable and replace 2 old sensor to new cable flex

tacchini 04-07-2020 13:24

Thank you guys! I have solved this problem

claudiapeng 09-15-2020 04:34

;)How can you solve your problem?
These are some method I find:
1. Fix Face ID Not Working by Cleaning TrueDepth Camera. The Face ID relies on the TrueDepth on the notch above the screen to identify your face, so iPhone face recognition fails if the camera is covered with dust or other things.
2. Managing ID Settings
Step 1. Open the Face ID & Passcode menu in Settings

Step 2. Toggle the Require Attention for Face ID switch and Attention Aware Features switch to disable them.
3. Update iOS
4. Add an Alternate Appearance
5. Use some iOS system repair tool such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix without data loss. I think this must help you. Those software can fix other iOS system issues, too.

phryne 09-25-2020 09:00

Why Face ID Can Be So Easily Damaged And Hardly Repaired?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WCVMdTFWdg