GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 15:56   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 43802
Thanks Meter: 36
Bad Business Practices

I have been in the GSM business for a year now. I have dealt with a few suppliers and over the period I find some bad business practices that really annoy me

1. Some suppliers will talk to you mail, MSN, ICQ etc when you are inquiring or buying the product, but once you have bought it, they dissapear from msn,ICQ,email and do not respond to messages. This is my number one complaint. there are resellers that if there is anything wrong they stop responding.

2. Say they have the product and after you have bought it, they give you the run around, gone on vacation, out of stock, sick whatever which they could tell you from before , but they wait until you haver bought it.

3. Delay your order then raise the price on you after you have bought the product.

4. Give you different product from what you have ordered then claim ignorance (one reseller was selling Siemens security code for network lock code)

5. Don't respond after you have made an agreement with a customer and collect his money.

6. Don't respond after you have made an agreement with a customer and collect his money.

7. Don't respond after you have made an agreement with a customer and collect his money.

8 ..

9 ..

10 ..
Old 11-16-2004, 16:19   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 17330
Thanks Meter: 15
Some are worse than the scams that go on around.
Some of the unethical practices include:
1. Pay for DHL, they send package by ordinary posts
2. Send money by TT and they'll tell you money sent not complete, after you had paid for all bank charges locally.
3. Sell you clone instead of the real thing
4. Short-supply goods
5. The list goes on...

There are as many dubious suppliers as they are buyers.
Luckily enough, with experience, I know the reliable dealers.
I have been burnt a couple of times by these scam-dealers.
Old 11-16-2004, 19:25   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

yeah, sometimes they want you to plead and beg AFTER they have got your MONEY. responding to customers is an obligation, it is not a favour.
Old 11-16-2004, 21:28   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 22955
Sonork: 67574 - Not use it
Thanks Meter: 584
Those are stupid guys,because they will have no job very soon. And it would be fair from you to post their names so other wouldn't have problems like you did.

Best Regards!
Old 11-19-2004, 23:00   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

another thing. THe postage paid and the actual postage on parcel. most reseller tells me like 15 - 20 bucks for normal international shipping, but when I recieve the postage is usually 2 - 5 bucks.

Doing things like this is just tacky.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:52   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 54469
Thanks Meter: 1
I agree!!! should place a section where a list of these unethical sellers should be listed as well as those with whom you can deal
Old 11-21-2004, 11:42   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 52884
Thanks Meter: 13
Cool

you guys are right i have similar exerience from suppliers they will even chager you so much for shippment cost,and you will start wondering what is wrong.for example ,shippment from CHINA for goods up to 1kg is just about $70 and you will see suppliers in europe charger as high as $150.after buying their product they will not reply to any of your complaints.i am facing one right now.resaller should know that the CUSTOMER (S) is KING.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:14   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 55959
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschell
you guys are right i have similar exerience from suppliers they will even chager you so much for shippment cost,and you will start wondering what is wrong.for example ,shippment from CHINA for goods up to 1kg is just about $70 and you will see suppliers in europe charger as high as $150.after buying their product they will not reply to any of your complaints.i am facing one right now.resaller should know that the CUSTOMER (S) is KING.

Shipping from China to Europe is around $28 for first one kg by any shipping method, and for each additional 1kg, you just need to add less than $8. if any body chargs you more, they are cheating you, don't buy from them.
The above shipping fee is based on any shipping method, tnt, dhl, fedex....
Old 11-21-2004, 13:40   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 17330
Thanks Meter: 15
I may have to stick my neck out here.
Teleway is a fantastic company, very reliable and all that, but I find their shipping charges outrageous.
For better transparency, I think they should let us know, the basis on which they charge these fees, and show us what it costs to send the first 1/2/3....10 kg by dhl/tnt/ups to different continents of the world.
Old 11-21-2004, 21:30   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

If a supplier wants more money, then charge more, but don't tell customers that Shipping charge is $20 when it is really $5.

Do the post office charge them higher and don't put on the stamps :-)

It does not speak well of resellers who do this. We are not idiots. most of us here are businessmen and customer service is key for me.
Old 11-21-2004, 22:18   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Member: 14178
Thanks Meter: 8,862
this way it better to deal with a reseller from your country
Old 11-21-2004, 23:53   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

What are you saying...its fair game to rip off people from other countries cause they can be fooled on the shipping charges ?. ( We can read the postage paid/stamps)
Old 11-22-2004, 01:36   #13 (permalink)
UHK
No Life Poster

Member: 13737
Sonork: 100.100725
Thanks Meter: 194
@all
just cheak our support after the sell

we believe customer satisfaction after they getting the product

regards
uhk
Old 11-22-2004, 06:01   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 58172
Thanks Meter: 13
Big time Genuine Cheaters from China

Big time genuine cheaters are from CHINA and I had a bad experience from one such big time cheater who displays all sort of Quality Certificates on his web site and demands purchases not less than USD100.00. I ordered Data Cables and cables for Griffin. Only the Griffin Cables (obviously it does not have any chips) works and the data cables are seems to be sub standard ones. When I mailed them about the non working of the Data cables and wanted to ship them back to the company for refund, they flatly denied such suggestion. After all these data cables are labelled with warranty seal of the particular company. Presently I have data cables worth around 500 USD with no use at all. However I do not want to experiment those cables at all hence most of the cables for Nokia phones did not get connected with any SWs.

The same company makes anorther attempt to introduce the vehicle Mileage hacking HW & SW to lure the attention of the GSM professionals. But I do not know upto what extent that this Mileage hacking equipment. Probably this one also be another way to cheat the prospective customers
Old 11-24-2004, 02:03   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37276
Thanks Meter: 29
data cables are always like that
whats to stop a customer from ordering it, using it, then returning it???

this is to protect the companies that sell them