GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

View Poll Results: How should the "Market feedback" section be improved to stop bogus postings?
Make posts visible by onle Admin/ Mods until they approve it. 3 60.00%
Leave it as it is- I like ruining peoples reputation 1 20.00%
Only allow long-time users of the forum to post here 1 20.00%
Only allow users with higher post counts to create threads here (Eg. Users with over 500+ posts). 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 01:48   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 565867
Thanks Meter: 15
>>>>>>Misuse of market feedback section<<<<<<<

I am vaguely in GSM business anymore so I can now speak my mind.

In the time I have used this forum, I have seen so many companies slated for silly little things in this section. This to me is wrong. Half of the threads are just publicity stunts, some are created to ruin a competitors name/ business, and many of the threads posted here are created because people are too lazy to telephone or email the seller they purchased from.

I personally think members should be allowed to post here if they have sufficient proof that they have been "cheated".

What I suggest is that all users can create threads here, but they would only be viewable by Admins/ Mods. Once they have read the thread, they can decide if it's nonsense or not. If it's a genuine post and there is proof to support what the thread creator is saying- then make it publicly viewable.

I know other people here on the forum are annoyed that "1 post wonders" keep coming along and trying to ruin companies' reputations, but as yet- Nobody has stood up and made this clear to admins so something could actually be done about it!

So here we are- please have your say, and admins- please consider this carefully as all it would take is someone to take some of these things to court and file for slander.

Some of the stuff posted in this section is outrageous.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 04:32   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

All these views, but no votes... WHY?

You are members of this forum and this effects YOU!

VOTE!!
Old 11-17-2008, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 43802
Thanks Meter: 36
I disagree.

a lot of mods etc are affiliated with one product or another, so we would never be sure the complaint does not have merit, or a Mod is being bias.

it does not take 500 post to get cheated. If I buy a product today, and did not get it, I should not wait till my post count reaches over 500 , before I can complain.

Most people can judge whether a complaint is genuine or fabricated, so let everyone have their say.
Old 11-17-2008, 20:45   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 59731
Sonork: 100.99999
Thanks Meter: 514
I think Ebay Feedback system is good. Should impliment some thing similar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnlockingExperts For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2008, 01:59   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical View Post
I disagree.

a lot of mods etc are affiliated with one product or another, so we would never be sure the complaint does not have merit, or a Mod is being bias.

it does not take 500 post to get cheated. If I buy a product today, and did not get it, I should not wait till my post count reaches over 500 , before I can complain.

Most people can judge whether a complaint is genuine or fabricated, so let everyone have their say.
Fair enough... wheres your vote to say keep it as it is then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical View Post
Most, but not ALL. That's not good enough. All it takes is for one person to post that someone's company treated them badly, then you get idiots come along who know nothing about them, and have never dealt with them before and agree with them.

That's what makes this section a total joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlockingExperts View Post
I think Ebay Feedback system is good. Should impliment some thing similar.
Something IS available like the eBay feedback system for VBulletin. It's called "itrader" and easily installed. I'm guessing admin of this site knows about it but probably not implemented it because it would add to the currently high server load and would slow the forums down even more.

Last edited by =MobileMan=; 11-18-2008 at 02:02. Reason: add more info
Old 11-19-2008, 03:17   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 840129
Thanks Meter: 1
search and read then you will find
Old 11-20-2008, 21:10   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Xun View Post