GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 13:44   #1 (permalink)

Member: 153226
Thanks Meter: 0
MSS box II - really tricky idea from MSS TEAM !

After old customers bought MSS4 dongle for 450-600$

MSS team offer them to upgrade to MSS BOX II - for 50-100$ + shipping.

now the tricky part:
U will get activation only for MSS software !
if want ODM u need to pay one more 100$ !!!

really bad business...specially for your old customers !!!
When u need to give service to your customers - give service ! not play with service !

upgrade shold be FULL upgrade ! not half !

** for new customers take any price u want ! but cheat your own old customers?

u get all of this in 79$ - UBL !!!!

upgrade NOT recommanded !
Old 04-25-2007, 15:35   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 116918
Sonork: 100.1590386
Thanks Meter: 559
Yes is true the price of MSS is very high when compared to products like UBL but at the end of the day you are not paying for the product alone it is the long term support and reliabity that you have to decided upon in the end which is what you will need to put into mind when deciding what to buy. You could say the same with USB Smart and SETool they are priced very differently but i dont think you will find many USB Smart users now that would say that they made a good long term investment buy purchasing this tool, yes they saved alot of money at the time of purchase but i dont see any of them now updating and using this tool for any new models. At the end of the day UBL is much cheaper and it is your decision but who would say that they are 100% sure they will be unlocking new Motorola with UBL this time next year i am sure many more people would be more sure saying they would be using MSS this time next year. Its the same as phones Nokia and Sendo both allow you to Speak to people but who would you rather put your faith in to supply you with a good after sales service.

BR

MAttYB
Old 04-25-2007, 16:11   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 107839
Sonork: 100.1592822
Thanks Meter: 70
Ok i agree with u only on few things, but
customers talked about TRICKING them with this update...

in this price MSS Team should include the ODM service activation.

B.R
Old 04-26-2007, 17:02   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 420649
Thanks Meter: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcommunication View Post
Yes is true the price of MSS is very high when compared to products like UBL but at the end of the day you are not paying for the product alone it is the long term support and reliabity that you have to decided upon in the end which is what you will need to put into mind when deciding what to buy. You could say the same with USB Smart and SETool they are priced very differently but i dont think you will find many USB Smart users now that would say that they made a good long term investment buy purchasing this tool, yes they saved alot of money at the time of purchase but i dont see any of them now updating and using this tool for any new models. At the end of the day UBL is much cheaper and it is your decision but who would say that they are 100% sure they will be unlocking new Motorola with UBL this time next year i am sure many more people would be more sure saying they would be using MSS this time next year. Its the same as phones Nokia and Sendo both allow you to Speak to people but who would you rather put your faith in to supply you with a good after sales service.

BR

MAttYB
MSS ask money from time to time. And not small money. It was MSS3 to MSS4, now MSS4 to MSS Box 2, and not forget now IMEI changer activation. Have to pay another 150$ for that. And all of this after payed 400-600$ for MSS4.

And now think how many "under 100$" boxes you can buy for the same money payed to have MSS for 1-3 years. And even if any of this boxes lower or stop support, you still are in proffit, because with 700$ can buy all cheap boxes who will come for next 5-7 years. So, think again ...

And I not want to talk here only about UBL (who is most cheaper). There is also other options who is still at half price of MSS (e.g. SC)!
Old 04-26-2007, 20:12   #5 (permalink)
ARC
No Life Poster

Member: 5019
Sonork: 100.110196
Thanks Meter: 69
yes, I agree.
victor marketting is completly wrong friend.
Old 04-26-2007, 20:24   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75209
Thanks Meter: 165
yes its wrong.... ... but why customer still buy mss then? why dont let free market works it magic .....

microsoft is wrong also for charging money ....should be free like linux ...

Ferrari/mercedes/bmw also wrong...price should be like skoda or hyundai ... :P
Old 04-26-2007, 21:20   #7 (permalink)
ARC
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlockCellular View Post
yes its wrong.... ... but why customer still buy mss then? why dont let free market works it magic .....

hehe, friend. you really mention good thing.

Ferrari will not give his car for a hyundai or a skoda price and then ask money for some extra Stickers or a really really new nice rings and blablabla... after a while...

i buy Ferrari, then i have always my ferrari. and never have to trash it away, cause of new comming ferraries.

the point is that my ferrari always give me a ride,
but about MSS customers always have to give a ride to victor after a while.
Old 04-26-2007, 21:22   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 55766
Thanks Meter: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBL Support View Post
MSS ask money from time to time. And not small money. It was MSS3 to MSS4, now MSS4 to MSS Box 2, and not forget now IMEI changer activation. Have to pay another 150$ for that. And all of this after payed 400-600$ for MSS4.

And now think how many "under 100$" boxes you can buy for the same money payed to have MSS for 1-3 years. And even if any of this boxes lower or stop support, you still are in proffit, because with 700$ can buy all cheap boxes who will come for next 5-7 years. So, think again ...

And I not want to talk here only about UBL (who is most cheaper). There is also other options who is still at half price of MSS (e.g. SC)!
You obviously not got MSSBOX2 because if you did you would know that the IMEI changer is included in standard activation. The $150 charge if for people who just want imei changer and not mss software.
This is brilliant box, no more searching for fone as it automatically connects to software when you attach fone and shows info instantly.
I cant understand what all the beefing about "ODM should be added free" it wasnt included in MSS4 and nobody was complaining about that.
The upgrade is for the box which is usb hub, a unibox and jtag I assume made for future updates that would need the new hardware.
Its a classy looking box for a classy software. I recommend it 100%
Old 04-26-2007, 21:28   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
hehe, friend. you really mention good thing.

Ferrari will not give his car for a hyundai or a skoda price and then ask money for some extra Stickers or a really really new nice rings and blablabla... after a while...

i buy Ferrari, then i have always my ferrari. and never have to trash it away, cause of new comming ferraries.

the point is that my ferrari always give me a ride,
but about MSS customers always have to give a ride to victor after a while.
When you buy a ferrari if a new model comes out you dont get free upgrade or even special trade in price to upgrade but you can still continue to drive your old ferrari just like you can continue to use MSS3 or MSS4 if you dont want to take up special price of upgrade.

You made comparison with Ferrari (quite rightly so) and victor still shines through
Old 04-26-2007, 21:41   #10 (permalink)
ARC
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU_Too View Post
When you buy a ferrari if a new model comes out you dont get free upgrade or even special trade in price to upgrade but you can still continue to drive your old ferrari just like you can continue to use MSS3 or MSS4 if you dont want to take up special price of upgrade.

You made comparison with Ferrari (quite rightly so) and victor still shines through
Oh, let's forget victor.
where's Mr.Ferrari, come here and judge us.

Victor is Number one in asking for upgrade fees, hope him success anyway.
maybe he feel better this way.
Old 04-26-2007, 22:05   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
Oh, let's forget victor.
where's Mr.Ferrari, come here and judge us.

Victor is Number one in asking for upgrade fees, hope him success anyway.
maybe he feel better this way.
victor is not only one asking for upgrade fees smartclip dongle, jaf pkey, ultima dongle, cruiser, nspro, furious gold, etc, etc its just that some charge small amount just to update their protection and others charge more and improve software. Victor has always charged the most but he is still the one that others strive to beat or even just be as good as. I have a load of dead dongles (well unsupported as well as some useless useless) killed off because authors have upgraded but all of victors are still usable. Mind you he says that he's gonna kill off the mss4 hasps of those that have upgraded to mssbox2.

By the way this is also completely different to mss4 as this software is stand alone so no need for server connection

Last edited by FU_Too; 04-26-2007 at 22:17.
Old 04-27-2007, 00:24   #12 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 81703
Thanks Meter: 1,332
PRice policy depends on each developer. You can accept or reject it. There is a fact here. After many complaints people still getting as first options SmartClip and MSS if they want to offer correct service to the end users...Should I tell you why?

Victor has his own way of thinking and he has success cause, after a few evolutions of his tools he still giving updates...and of course people still buying this updates. A service is offered and people accept his price. Is there any problem?

BR

Luskao
Old 04-27-2007, 04:31   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75209
Thanks Meter: 165
ferrari....where is my ferrari ...I can only dream ...

I thought I have a good example but some people still dont see the point
nothing is free in this world. some people will buy expensive car and some will buy cheap car. This is how the market suppose to work.

Let it be FREEEEEE ....Freedom to choose, free of creativity... free enterprise...Free market...free world..... I can only dream
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 563
Thanks Meter: 22,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlockCellular View Post

nsdongle -> Nspro update was also a big screw of so called "update" money....

the time will come, YOUR CUSTOMERS will be asked to pay applying YOUR OWN RULES
Old 04-27-2007, 08:31   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luskao View Post
PRice policy depends on each developer. You can accept or reject it. There is a fact here. After many complaints people still getting as first options SmartClip and MSS if they want to offer correct service to the end users...Should I tell you why?

Victor has his own way of thinking and he has success cause, after a few evolutions of his tools he still giving updates...and of course people still buying this updates. A service is offered and people accept his price. Is there any problem?

BR

Luskao
Yes I agree with you. The market decides.
If They Dont like the product, dont need product or think its too expensive they wont buy it thats the "free" market. I see it is mostly Victors competitors that are fueling this and other threads about Victors price strategy
They shouldnt worry as Victors has said many times he will continue to support MSS4 so if youdont want to upgrade you dont have to (unlike others), the choice is yours and that IS "free" choice.