GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:49   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75392
Sonork: 100.81199
Thanks Meter: 136
[REVIEW] The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

I propose a "REVIEW" section, where old and new products can be reviewed, compared and judged to help deciding new and present customers.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I give the first shot, it is only my personal opinion, it is something I thought of what I want to see in this section:
Old 10-28-2010, 10:53   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

UFS + HWK (formerly Tornado, Twister etc).

UFS + HWK (formerly Tornado, Twister etc).

One of the oldest boxes around with a good and stable team behind it. Sincerely it is one of my all time favorites. It JUST WORKS.

The Good:- Multiple platform support - Nokia, Samsung, LG, SE.
- Extremely stable HW. It can boot, local mode, test mode phones without much hassle, with the same cables Jaf, Uni cannot .
- Wery easy to use, ordinated GUI even without a shell ...
- Torrent based support site with a lot of files which finally works very well.

The Bad: Slooooow updates.
No online rpl repair (there is an off-line patch method with SX4 bypass, but sadly with mixed results).
No USB BB5 flash (c'mon Saras, in 2010 ???)
No SL3 unlock solution till day, not even a payed service.

The Ugly:

HWK protection is kinda useless, it was cracked the first week after it's release, since than the protection was modified, but I would payed for a smart-card protection more gladly.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:54   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Z3x

Z3X

The major contra candidate of NS-Pro but supporting LG also...

The Good:

They support alot of models first in the world.
Very good cables.
A software that actually WORKS just out of the box, and when I mean it works it means it actually can repair/unlock models "supported" by other teams only on paper.
Very good and intuitive shell with easy text mode input search also, my favorite. You can check and update new versions directly from the shell, and search - download flash files also. VERY GOOD

The bad:

Slooooooow update server, it takes ages to download the updates.
NO or Very bad "live" help - documentation, when phone needs to be put in other mode by codes, you have to dig for them on forum to find it... I would like to have something like NS-Pro has, to guide you every step, even if you are a pro, you cannot remember all the steps and codes for every model.

The Ugly :

That "more futures" instead of "features" in the shell really hurts my eyes even I'm not a native English speaker.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:55   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Furious Box

Furious Box:
It is one of the few "good for (almost) everything " boxes with an extensive support for alot of phones I never heard of.

The Good:

Old and trustworthy team with good online and forum support.
Extensive support , good design, good (bling bling) credits system .
Huge phone unlock support.
"Happy day"s even if your support is expired.

The bad:

A lot of packs with a lot of activations, too much hassle; and according to Murphy's law, I always have just the other pack(s) activated which I don't actually need. Very disturbing. Actually I would rather give

more money for a smartcard which has all the pack activated at all times.
A little bit fancy but not so functional, complicated homepage for my taste. I would be more happy with ftp support. or a "fractalizer" kind of.
No native shell, just a third party one with almost no support, (pack 8 is totally non-existent) . Contrary to HWK for example where are only a few modules with well organized lists (Each phone list is in different module, so it doesn't really needs a shell) in Furious there a lot of modules, phone models are spread across all the packs (lg flash is in pack1, unlock is in pack5 and of course different module, alcatel is similar, etc) There is a chaos, beyond understanding, maybe only product supporters can see a way in this nightmare and an official shell is a priority. We need a shell urgently the present one is FuriouSHell.

The Ugly:
Where is pack 7?