GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2003, 22:13   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 15755
Thanks Meter: 0
sonyericssonserver is unreliable at best

Hello,

a couple of weeks ago I bought credits for www.sonyericssonserver.com to be able to unlock the new T610 phones.

At their site they claim to accept credit cards, paypal etc. but then they have an autoresponder saying you can pay by Western Union only... 60 euro/5 credits. Now WU tells me you cannot send euros to Egypt. One would think Seserver would know that...

Ok so 25/8 I transfer 70 USD and 26/8 I receive a confirmation from Trondo. Until 30/8 nothing happens - no login details so I ask him what's going on and he sends login details on 31/8.

A few days later I unlock 1 T610 no problems.

Then last Friday I tried to unlock 2 T610's server down - wait ½ an hour server down - wait ½ an hour server down - then server up. I connect phone and follow the instructions - program detects T610, sends boot (goes to 100%) and then returns a timeout - BUT STILL STEALS CREDITS. This happened four times.

I wrote Trondo an email that same day, but got no answer until I contacted him on ICQ sunday - he asks for problem details again so it's clear he hasn't read the mail at all. Promises to check up on this - for almost two hours I get no response at all - he then asked me to describe the problem once more...

Now he claims it is a cable problem from my side, but under pressure he agrees to rebuild my credits. Today I tried again different computer, different cable, two different T610 phones - exact same error and still stealing credits without giving any coeds...

So far I've tried two computers, two cables, three os's and two different phones without luck. Of course this includes the equipment we used for the succesful unlock of the first phone.
I had to threaten Trondo to activate our account in the first place and to rebuild the stolen credits in the second place. Both phones were R1L013 version which - surprise - SEserver claims to support... probably just another lie like the one about paypal.

In case anyone needs proof I can post the entire ICQ and email dialogue plus screenshots of the error from both windows 98 and xp.

USD 14 a piece is not the cheapest in the market so I'd certainly expect decent support. Till now I must advice against buying anything from sonyericssonserver.com