GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 15:33   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 148930
Thanks Meter: 33
Warning Warning :UnlockCodes.ie

Hi guys;
UnlockCodes.ie are really cheaters. I paid for an unlock code which they did not deliver. I did ask first if they could unlock my 6500S locked to 3 sweden, the answer was positiv " I have the emails saved in case they want to deny.
When i skwd them to refund my money, they refused. yhey want me to wait until they the code in their database. in that case I could wait to buy the code from the operator itself.
THE QUESTION IS: WHY PAYING FOR A CODE WHICH DOES'NT EXIST YET ??
Guys;
You have been warned, never pay a cent to this guys, for 30 euro they lost their trust Shame on you UnlockCodes.ie.
br
Adam
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 16771
Thanks Meter: 153
Hi Adam,

We are sorry your code was not available from the supplier.

This is sometimes the case, the credits you purchase on the website are used for whatever you require and can be used for any service at any time. As stated in the T&C's credits are refunded if the code is 'unavailable'. The T&C's are there for people to understand and so people can read how the service works before they decide to use the service.

We want to keep customers happy and supply codes in the quickest time possible, but sometimes they are just not available from the supplier.

We apoligise for your inconvenience, and we have just refunded you paypal account in full(Unique Transaction ID #3JD53176RA1483501).

We want to provide a 1000% reliable service to customers.

Thank you.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:30   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 148930
Thanks Meter: 33
well well

It does really help to complain, I just want to thank this forum's owner, cause, i don't beleive i would get my money if I did not complain here in this helpfull and lovely forum.
On the other hand i want to say that your appology is accepted since my money are back to my account. Biut I was hoping that you did that before i wrote here about this matter.
Thanx again to the owner of this extraordinay forum.
my best regards
Adam
Old 09-17-2008, 10:22   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam92se View Post
It does really help to complain, I just want to thank this forum's owner, cause, i don't beleive i would get my money if I did not complain here in this helpfull and lovely forum.
On the other hand i want to say that your appology is accepted since my money are back to my account. Biut I was hoping that you did that before i wrote here about this matter.
Thanx again to the owner of this extraordinay forum.
my best regards
Adam
I'm glad you are happy with the outcome, and hope to be of assistance again.

I would of solved this matter quicker for you had i got a call regarding this issue. Remember, I can be contacted directly in our office on +35318728722 6 days a week.

Best regards
Old 09-19-2008, 19:10   #5 (permalink)

Member: 840452
Thanks Meter: 0
What to be wary of when purchasing unlock codes

That is a pretty straightforward scam by unlockcodes.ie where they promise you the code and nab your money regardless of whether they can get the code or not. Once they have your money, they are happy and you have no comeback as you have signed an agreement under, in this case, unlockcodes.ie terms and conditions. Here are some other scams and tricks to be wary of when purchasing from mobile phone unlocking websites. Here's when not to hand over your $$$$ !!!

The information SCAM

When you visit the website it looks like many others, its offering codes you've struggled to find elsewhere, however at the bottom in small text it will say "if we cannot obtain codes will will send you information on where you can get it unlocked" you pay £5 for a code and all you receive is a document with information in that I offer all over this website for free. This scam orignated on ebay, and now ive seem quite afew unlocking websites doing the very same thing...

ADVICE : READ ALL THE WEBSITES TERMS BEFORE ORDERING

Dont always expect to get your money back if you pay by paypal, digital downloads arent offered with the same guarantees as physical items.

The Temporary Unlock SCAM

Some websites will sell you an unlock code, however they will not mention that the code isnt permanant and will need entering every time you switch your phone off and then on again, all our codes are permanent and once you have unlocked your phone it will stay unlocked forever.

ADVICE : READ ALL THE WEBSITES TERMS BEFORE ORDERING

Dont always expect to get your money back if you pay by paypal, digital downloads arent offered with the same guarantees as physical items.

The alternative software service SCAM

You order a code from a website that states they can unlock your model of phone, then they state they cannot but rather than just refund (foneszone would just refund) they insist you take the "software" option. This is a cheaper alternative for them however they know that the customer tends not to want to purchase software as an option due to the fact they may be daunted by using it or dont have the required cables.

ADVICE : MAKE SURE IF THEY CANNOT PROVIDE THE CODE THEY STATE YOULL GET A FULL REFUND

The send away phone SCAM

You order your code, only to find that they cannot provide it, instead off offering a full refund (such I will do here) they force you to send your phone to them, this could be genuine and you get your phone back unlocked OR it could go missing in the post.

ADVICE: READ TERMS - IF YOU SEND USE SPECIAL DELIVERY - AVOID SENDING IN FIRST PLACE

The next code reduced SCAM

You order your unlock code, which they say they can provide, when they dont provide it they say "we will take it off yoru next unlock at a reduced rate" they hold onto your funds for no reason. Then in months time when you finally get a phone they MAY be able to unlock they "forget" about your order.

ADVICE: READ TERMS FULLY

The fake website SCAM

You find a website that states it can provide your code, you pay next day you find the website has disappeared, some companies rotate many websites over a few weeks/months and just take money but never provide the codes.

Unlock via premium rate number SCAM

Some websites claiming to unlock particular model of phone via a premium rate number, they claim to unlock phones they CANNOT unlock, knowing once you make that call its hard to get a refund and your £5+ down. Forget these sites theyll not unlock your mobile, simple. The only phones able to be even closely unlocked via a phone are very very old Nokia phones, Motorola, Sony's etc CANNOT BE UNLOCKED VIA PHONE! IMPOSSIBLE dont fall for this (it disgusts me they get away with it all)

ADVICE : NEVER USE a premium rate phone number to unlock your mobile, at best you will end up with no code, at worse yourll end up with wrong code that locks up your phone.

Dont be afraid to get your codes, as long as you buy from a long established reputable website you will be absolutely fine!! Heres to a simlock free life!!
Old 09-20-2008, 16:49   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

And always remember, most websites will NOT refund your money if the code is wrong or not available.

UnlockCodes.ie WILL refund payment if requested.(Most other wont) Thats why UnlockCode.ie is great

UnlockCodes.ie is not like most faceless 'internet based' companies, we have our shop, office and warehouse located in Dublin's city centre. Our shop is open 6 days a week to the public, so please feel free to visit anytime.

Ther are so many website out there offering unlock codes that just dont work, beware of them, however UnlockCodes.ie is one you can rely on and trust to give you an unlockcode or refund you credits or payment when requested.

UnlockCodes.ie comes highly recommended by over 800 people who have got an unlock codes since the online service was launched a few months ago.
Old 09-20-2008, 21:03   #7 (permalink)

Member: 840452
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsm Solutions Ltd View Post
And always remember, most websites will NOT refund your money if the code is wrong or not available.

UnlockCodes.ie WILL refund payment if requested.(Most other wont) Thats why UnlockCode.ie is great
Not according to the terms and conditions of your site below though :

I have ordered a code but I have got an email saying the code is not available?

Codes are subject to availability, which basically means if a code is not in the database for your particular IMEI for 'ANY' reason a FULL and COMPLETE refund of CREDITS will be issued back to your account within 24 hours. Credits can then be re-used when ever you require them. If a code is not available, this just means that its not available at this moment in time. And remember, we can still unlock your phone manually in our office if required, please see above for more details. Please note: Credits can only be used on UnlockCodes.ie online website and are not transferable to other services.

Will you change the terms and conditions on your website to say that you "will refund payment as requested if codes are not available " as you have stated above.....

Old 07-21-2009, 13:52   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1079508
Thanks Meter: 1
I am encountering the same issue with this site right now

I tried to get my sony ericsson t707 unlocked today and they could not do it (phone was not listed in a database). The site refunded my credits which is no good to me. It also says on the site you can use these credits instore but that due to manual labour it will be more costly. I have opened a paypal dispute against the seller as they did not reply to my mails requesting the refund and this has happened to me too many times with internet sellers for me to waste time waiting for them to probably not get back to me. All i want is my 20 euro refunded to my card. Next stop will be calling the Bank to block the transaction on my credit card and report the seller.
Old 07-21-2009, 16:29   #9 (permalink)

Well i guess they don't always refund your money

I noticed that GSM was online earlier while i posted and also was still online an hour later. They still have not contacted me and i have not had any contact to say they will refund. In the meantime i have contacted Paypal in realtion to this seller. I will contact AIB first thing in the morning. And if necessary comreg after that.
I'm sick to death of these con artists
Old 07-21-2009, 17:10   #10 (permalink)

I have now reported this seller to paypal and AIB. Neither can be of any help to me so on paypals advice i am going to contact the Gardai tomorrow if i have not heard back from the seller regarding the refund. An absolute disgrace the way this has been dealt with
Old 07-22-2009, 09:08   #11 (permalink)

This has now been resolved. Thanks to Alan for the full refund he is issuing. My own prejudice towards using online purchasing may have baised my opinion in this instance. I would like to apologise for any derogatory i may have said but having come across this forum and having had a lack of response i was more than a little concerned.
Old 07-24-2009, 17:05   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi,

We always aim to solve a problem and keep customers happy.

If i am correct, we did reply to your first email within 6 hours and all email after that were answered within hours.

I am happy you are satisfied with the final outcome and hope you use our service again.

Just to put things in prospective.

EXAMPLE:
If we get 100 people ordering codes per week through our website.
90 codes may only be in the database.
We refund 10 peoples credits.
Credits can be reused any time, they never expire.

Its a simple service that works, but some people dont understand that sometimes codes are not available, if thats the case credist are refunded. People then can still have the phone unlocked in our shop using the credits they purchased. If that is not a fair service i dont know what it.

Best regards
Alan Donohoe
Old 07-25-2009, 17:18   #13 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 768320
Thanks Meter: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsm Solutions Ltd View Post
Hi,

We always aim to solve a problem and keep customers happy.

If i am correct, we did reply to your first email within 6 hours and all email after that were answered within hours.

I am happy you are satisfied with the final outcome and hope you use our service again.

You "aim to solve a problem" only when it is posted on a public forum!

Another "happy with the final outcome" customer to add to your list