GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2004, 11:29   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 55766
Thanks Meter: 333
Why Do UK Suppliers Think We Are Fools

Is it just me or do UK suppliers think all their customers are fools. I have yet again tried to be fobbed off with blaming the uk postal services for non/late deivery of goods. Another trusted firm has garranteed that the parcel was posted thursday by special delivery (should have been posted tuesday but thats another excuse). When it hadnt arrived by first post i contacted royal mail who informed me that there wasnt any more mail for me. Phone the company who again blame royal mail and supply me with tracking number ( no trace in royal mail) again contact company, this time they say was definitely posted but didnt make the deadline for next day delivery but was posted thursday. Low and behold parcel arrives Saturday with fridays date on post office printed stamp and a completely different tracking number. Is it beyond these companies comprehension that the customer (or majority) would respect honesty rather than bulls hit. If youve made a coc kup appologise (we all make them) dont try putting blame elsewhere. Treat customers with respect not contempt.
Old 09-26-2004, 22:46   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3941
Thanks Meter: 636
I can tell you if Royal mail looks a bit like TPG post company in The Netherlands.. I can assure you it IS the ****ing post company!

They really lose a LOT, only ones to trust are TNT, Fedex, DHL, UPS...
but they are not veyr cheap options..
Old 09-27-2004, 10:14   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 29063
Thanks Meter: 0
I must say that you must not have seen what is going on with royal mail FU they are a complete waste of time, with strikes and inccorect details everywhere. The automated track and trace has more chance of giving you the lottery numbers than the correct details. Things have gone from bad to worst since Crozier took over- And now special deivery can turn up up to 3pm.
We send a great deal of parcels out each day- and i would estimate that around 10 % do not get there next day, hence we have started using other services to send the deliveries. Unless you are sending the goods by hand yourself then there is bugger all chance of confirming that the goods will turn up on time. Especially when they are handled by some amny individuals
I pointed this out in an earlier post here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158416

it is a shame as special delivery was a good service, now i have many claims with postwatch and the onbudsmen to try to get a call to action, weather anything will come of it- i will just have to wait!! like the mail!!

spooneroon
Old 09-27-2004, 10:29   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Put Blame elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonedoctorjnr
I must say that you must not have seen what is going on with royal mail FU they are a complete waste of time, with strikes and inccorect details everywhere. The automated track and trace has more chance of giving you the lottery numbers than the correct details. Things have gone from bad to worst since Crozier took over- And now special deivery can turn up up to 3pm.
We send a great deal of parcels out each day- and i would estimate that around 10 % do not get there next day, hence we have started using other services to send the deliveries. Unless you are sending the goods by hand yourself then there is bugger all chance of confirming that the goods will turn up on time. Especially when they are handled by some amny individuals
I pointed this out in an earlier post here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158416

it is a shame as special delivery was a good service, now i have many claims with postwatch and the onbudsmen to try to get a call to action, weather anything will come of it- i will just have to wait!! like the mail!!

spooneroon
I agree that some areas have poor mail service BUT too many suppliers try blaming postal services for their own inadequacies. As I pointed out When I chased up delivery and the blame was put on royal mail I was then given ficticious tracking number (as when parcel did arrive it had different number and different post date) Had same thing with Irwebonline after paying for special delivery packet doesnt arrive, when I ask for tracking number I find it was sent not even recorded. I'm just saying that these suppliers must think we are fools thinking we cant see through the scams. I agree there are occassions when RM let us down but that CAN be seen from tracking and date stamp AND compensation can be claimed or postage refunded.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:34   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

not doubting you FU me old mucker- but have you tried to claim recently??
I personally do not have time to sit on hold to get a claim sorted- especially the amount of blagging that has to be done- to hear Royal mail trying any way they can to get out of it. The whole thing is a farce.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:43   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Next supplier???

Oh! by the way fonedoctor, you are the next supplier on my list as I stated in another post (if some prices are negotiable) as I know your delivery is second to none
Old 09-27-2004, 10:46   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Bloody hell!

Quote:
not doubting you FU me old mucker- but have you tried to claim recently??
I personally do not have time to sit on hold to get a claim sorted- especially the amount of blagging that has to be done- to hear Royal mail trying any way they can to get out of it. The whole thing is a farce.
I must be dealing direct with royal mail as that sounds exactly like the suppliers ive dealt with ie kept hanging on, cant find order/tracking number, phone back when whoever is in cos they dealt with it
Old 09-27-2004, 11:09   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Just one example of the state of matters- a parcel sent special delivery last week went awol. I tried track and trace to get the usual- currently processing through our system.
Called the 08457 number and got the automated same reply - then said - operator to speak to someone- where i had then the usual- you can claim if it does not turn up in 10 working days. Not before having to call the local post office , the number was engagd for 2 1/2 hours . when it did ring out- it was not answered for 8 mins to finally being cut off!!!
typical- i am now investing in some new pidgeons to assist with delivery.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:34   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I'm getting in touch with the RSPCA

Quote:
Just one example of the state of matters- a parcel sent special delivery last week went awol. I tried track and trace to get the usual- currently processing through our system.
Called the 08457 number and got the automated same reply - then said - operator to speak to someone- where i had then the usual- you can claim if it does not turn up in 10 working days. Not before having to call the local post office , the number was engagd for 2 1/2 hours . when it did ring out- it was not answered for 8 mins to finally being cut off!!!
typical- i am now investing in some new pidgeons to assist with delivery.
Pigeons? youd need bloody eagles with the weight of some of the things. If I order something light from you then, I'll keep a plate of corn by my door if its heavy I'll find something more substantial then.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:51   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10714
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FU_Too
Is it just me or do UK suppliers think all their customers are fools. I have yet again tried to be fobbed off with blaming the uk postal services for non/late deivery of goods. Another trusted firm has garranteed that the parcel was posted thursday by special delivery (should have been posted tuesday but thats another excuse). When it hadnt arrived by first post i contacted royal mail who informed me that there wasnt any more mail for me. Phone the company who again blame royal mail and supply me with tracking number ( no trace in royal mail) again contact company, this time they say was definitely posted but didnt make the deadline for next day delivery but was posted thursday. Low and behold parcel arrives Saturday with fridays date on post office printed stamp and a completely different tracking number. Is it beyond these companies comprehension that the customer (or majority) would respect honesty rather than bulls hit. If youve made a coc kup appologise (we all make them) dont try putting blame elsewhere. Treat customers with respect not contempt.

Hi FU.

I am sure you need to use a different supplier then.
I can assure you it only happens once in a blue moon.
So must be your supplier.
Good luck.
Old 09-27-2004, 13:50   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveconnection
Hi FU.

I am sure you need to use a different supplier then.
I can assure you it only happens once in a blue moon.
So must be your supplier.
Good luck.
on my third now looking for fourth already but one has to weigh up price as well. I dont mind long delivery dates as long as supplier is truthful. If I'm unsure whether i can do a fone or not I tell the customer then if I cant the customer doesnt feel let down but if I can then the customer is happy and will come back to try me again. Good business practice I would say
Old 09-27-2004, 13:53   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10714
Thanks Meter: 4
you can try us out if you wish.
we have had no complaints so far.
i am sure you can ask around ;-)
Old 09-27-2004, 16:06   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

New supplier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveconnection
you can try us out if you wish.
we have had no complaints so far.
i am sure you can ask around ;-)
Thanks for the offer but I have someone else in mind first. By the way your website is not the easiest to find things and prices, although the ones I did see would get my custom, but as I said I have someone else in mind.
Its nice to hear that there are some non bulls hitters around.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:25   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 18200
Sonork: 100.1608286
Thanks Meter: 82
I have also had bad experience with bluelight_gsm and Royal Mail.
But this guy is wonderful.
After the goods "disappeared" , he sent me another with DHL free of charge.,

Never use Royal mail again.
Old 09-28-2004, 13:37   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 13335
Thanks Meter: 2
well i have been using Royal Mail for past few years and only lost 1 Special Delivery until 2 weeks ago when they managed to lose 3 of my specials on 1 day and another a week later. The problem is that they are using to many temp workers who are stealing post and f**king about instead of doing the work there supposed to.

if you guys watched the undercover program on RM which was shown on C4 a few months back you would understand what i am saying.

but RM handle milliions of packages and letters a year and with any business you expect to lose a few, becuase some get chewed up by the machines which process them. you should hear some of the stories of whats got caught in these machines before NASTY is what springs to mind.

best thing to do if your in doubt is ask for a scan of the tracking slip as you'll have PO stamp on there showing when it was sent and yyour address on the other side