GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Repair Item Wanted

Hardware Repair Item Wanted Post here if you are looking for test equipment or service tools.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2018, 20:57   #136 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 821646
Thanks Meter: 507
Donate money to this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...::S.L.S::... View Post
please, don't forget this thing, without gsmhosting no body can't trust any tools, if is it best products in the world. which tools have most popular in this gsm world, there are not have section in this forum? please you can explain me some of popular tools they are not use gsmhosting, only use there own forum!!! so don't think without gsmhosting.
Have you heard about Setool ?

Setool's developer dont use this forum as its support section and yet it is popular ...

Old 01-24-2018, 11:52   #137 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2742707
Thanks Meter: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMA_RASHID View Post
Have you heard about Setool ?

Setool's developer dont use this forum as its support section and yet it is popular ...
I'M a student of gsmworld!!! don't know to much like you, but i know something little knowledge about gsm world. You know this is worldwide gsmhosting forum not only for India/Bangladesh/Indonesia, so if you want to use inside any support section in this forum, so you must need to paid here for officially section. this is not a developer forum every one get there free support section. you said there are setool developer not use this forum, whose the guy [coder/honor of setool] the_laser you know him properly ? around in the world how many gsm related tools have, every one using gsmhosting, some of visible mean there are have paid section, some of products invisible mean not paid section like your example setool. Hard/Software Products (Non-Official Support)

Old 01-27-2018, 00:16   #138 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 674113
Sonork: 100.1622255
Thanks Meter: 56
just wait & see.i think all the best tool.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:48   #139 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
is true UFI does not have a support section but this could be a choice of budget from the developers or the awareness of not being able to regularly give updates that other teams release periodically so it could be an honest choice.

see the promises made with miraculous boxes and then suddenly disappear SPOOKEY, ZZKEY and others before that

on the contrary There are other tools that revolve around the JTAG or recovery data that are not present in the PRODUCT SECTION of GsmHosting see NUPROG-E and PC-3000 MOBILE these tools are expensive and few can afford them but this does not mean that if there are not in our forum they do not exist.

Gsmhosting is a showcase for gsm tools but not exist only this, there is the web ..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to orx For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-27-2018, 14:37   #140 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 25996
Thanks Meter: 253
UFI has it's own forums tho. They do provide some support there.

The Following User Says Thank You to KrzychuG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 12:21   #141 (permalink)

Member: 1934603
Thanks Meter: 0
That's a bitter experience

Old 02-18-2018, 10:36   #142 (permalink)

Member: 2812534
Thanks Meter: 7
Z3X easy jtag and ATF is Best..

Old 02-18-2018, 10:54   #143 (permalink)

That's a bitter experience

Old 02-18-2018, 11:11   #144 (permalink)

Seems like everybody vote ufi, what is main feature of this box than the other, anyone can explain more?

Old 02-19-2018, 11:40   #145 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

the comparison is personal so enter the UFI website and then Easyjtag and evaluate you ..
Both in my opinion have minus and pro but at the end are equivalent .. just one thing easyjtag wrote that soon will be implemented the standard UFS and Nand (iphone). this is very interesting....

Last edited by orx; 02-19-2018 at 15:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to orx For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2018, 19:57   #146 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orx View Post
Both in my opinion have minus and pro but at the end are equivalent .. just one thing easyjtag wrote that soon will be implemented the standard UFS and Nand (iphone). this is very interesting....
I wouldn't hold on to that too much until it'll be implemented. I've seen info like this almost a year ago with other box, and easy-jtag team also was talking about it quite some time ago. Yet it's still not supported by any box we're using. If your goal is to have UFS support, then it would be better just to wait. Luckily UFS support is not mandatory as chips itself are better quality and for in case of data recovery, most phones that has UFS are encrypted anyway.

From my experience (i've been using easy-jtag before and currently have UFI) i find easy-jtag to be a bit more user friendly. UFI has some extra features, like partitioning SD card, working with EDL/9008 mode etc but miss some pinouts for ISP for devices available in Europe. Support, for european users is not as good, updates slowed down and i couldn't get ISP adapter to connect with any device so far and i've no idea why. Easy-jtag error messagess were easier to understand for me.
What i like about UFI is it's speed, pin detection and adapters for eMMC (it's sometimes a pain in the *** to align the eMMC correctly but they're handy and speeds are great), but new easy-jtag also has that. I bought UFI because easy-jtag was no longer available and easy-jtag plus was not yet released.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KrzychuG For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 02-19-2018, 22:29   #147 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

yes if we have to weigh on the scale the various implementations of the two tools I can say that easyjtag plus has interesting functions that as you say are user friendly as, version EMMC Tool suite has Explorer to analyze and recover the partitions without external tools and above all the support for download for flash files, repair data etc with easy access.
I wait for the end of the holidays in China to order Ufi and then I will have the opportunity to better parameterize the 2 tools.
for UFS data encrypted :
S6, S6 Edge, Note 5 are not encrypted by default but others like g930 / g935 , g950 etc yes , you have right this is a important thing.

easy example.JPG

Last edited by orx; 02-19-2018 at 22:37.

Old 02-20-2018, 20:19   #148 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orx View Post
yes if we have to weigh on the scale the various implementations of the two tools I can say that easyjtag plus has interesting functions that as you say are user friendly as, version EMMC Tool suite has Explorer to analyze and recover the partitions without external tools and above all the support for download for flash files, repair data etc with easy access.
Same file explorer is available in UFI as well. I think it was implemented there even before easy-jtag. I still prefer dumping whole userdata partition or even whole eMMC an scan it with 3-rd party tools as this sometimes allows to also recover deleted data.
If comes to “more user-friendly” i meant that it's logs are easier to process for me. In easy-jtag i saw current voltage when connecting to eMMC via ISP and based on that i could find out if i soldered the wires wrong or if it's a short on the mainboard. UFI just returns CMD error + some number which and i can't find any information on what each number means. I've no idea if this a problem with my soldering, with wrong voltages picked up, with CMD not soldered properly etc. Maybe it's just my bad experience with ISP connection and UFI but there are other users posts on UFI forums with same issue as well. I had some initial issues with easy-jtag and ISP connections as well, but in the end solved them by changing type of wire i used for soldering to the board, yet i can't seem to get it working with UFI. chip-off and adapters works great tho ;-)

Quote:
for UFS data encrypted :
S6, S6 Edge, Note 5 are not encrypted by default but others like g930 / g935 , g950 etc yes , you have right this is a important thing.
That's correct and in case of data recovery, most of the time i get them with damaged screen. For S6 and S6 Edge i can just flash custom recovery and dump data without any other tools (no FRP on those devices). UFS support would help in case of damaged device but then it's limited only handful of devices due to encryption. I would like to have UFS supported and not invest into readers like nuprog as there's massing price difference but it'll have limited use compared to eMMC support. It could be usefull for FRP removal on some stubborn devices.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:13   #149 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1418143
Thanks Meter: 353
and About UFI dongle , is someone here using the dongle am interested to buy it ...

Old 03-02-2018, 18:27   #150 (permalink)
No Life Poster

What do you want to know?

Closed Thread