GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Various CDMA/TDMA Cell Phones

Various CDMA/TDMA Cell Phones All CDMA & TDMA Cell Phones Related Threads are here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2014, 08:50   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2289476
Thanks Meter: 0
Red face 'Invalid UIM' in ZTE818D/MTS BLAZE Dual SIM Mobile

I am using a CDMA+GSM Dual Sim, Dual Standby Mobile Model ZTE 818D (Also called MTS Blaze 4.5). I use one MTS CDMA R-UIM and one AIRTEL GSM SIM in the Dual SIM Slots. The MTS CDMA UIM gets disabled often. It says UIM is invalid. Only after removing the MTS SIM and inserting the same after 24 Hours the UIM gets activated. But the phone immediately accepts yet another CDMA UIM without any fuss and rejects only the current UIM. Why the CDMA UIM gets disabled/locked/rejected often? Even after rebooting the MTS CDMA remains Invalid and is rejected. Next day only it accepts the MTS UIM. There is no problem with the AIRTEL GSM SIM Slot. I have another phone called ZTE919D (MTS Blaze 5.0) also. The same problem happens in both models. I am afraid I have wasted around Rs.20,000 in these phones. What may be the reason. What is the possible solution?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:22   #2 (permalink)

This Invalid UIM of CDMA occurs every time when the power goes off and I restart the mobile after charging. It recognizes the UIM and shows the tower. But when any number is dialed it goes dead. I deliberately switched off the mobile and rebooted the same. Then the UIM shows tower but goes Invalid when I dial some numbers. I removed the battery and sims and then inserted the same once again and restarted. Then the CDMA UIM shows the tower, but when call is made the CDMA UIM goes blank, rejects the call and UIM tower goes dead as the UIM is rejected.

Surprisingly the rejected CDMA UIM works fine in other stand alone CDMA mobiles. Should I pray that my ZTE Mobile should never go off. I think the CDMA+GSM Dual SIM Mobile Technology is yet to be perfected and the buyers are fooled by manufacturers like ZTE.

Last edited by nag2014; 11-09-2014 at 12:29.
Old 11-09-2014, 15:20   #3 (permalink)

There is some solution in a web page in internet as given below:

When display shows the "No Ruim Card " problem with inserting MTS sim of MTS handset.

Solving process discuss the following Steps

Step1:
Dial *#0203#

Step2:
Display shows Factory test. Select Factory Reset from the Factory test menu and again select ok button for reset.

Step3:
switch off the handset and then switch on

I tried this. But, I get the following message :

USSD Code running; Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

I am not able to progress further. I am held up.

Last edited by nag2014; 11-09-2014 at 15:26.