GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )

Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) Nokia Legacy Models Like 1011, 1610, 211x, 2x20, 6050, 3110, 8110, NKxxx , 2100, 3210, 3310, 3330, 3410, 5110, 5210, 5510, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6250, 7110, 8210, 8250, 8850 also 9110 & 9210

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2002, 00:23   #31 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 4944
Thanks Meter: 0
Re: Re: ITS NOT THE BUYERS

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Dragon

And cracking FlashTONE v2.02 is not a challenge at all. Yoke has proven that. But protecting FlashTONE Pro will definitely be a great challenge.

Try using DONGLE PROTECTION and charge your customer $100 more
Old 04-02-2002, 02:05   #32 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 4647
Thanks Meter: 3
Re: Re: Re: ITS NOT THE BUYERS

Quote:
Originally posted by give me

Try using DONGLE PROTECTION and charge your customer $100 more
you got it right now we are trying the dongle protection on the flashtone pro with more features like faid calculation flashing and other stuff this time even if the software leaks out we will have no problem from crackers and guys claiming to be one
Old 04-02-2002, 02:10   #33 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 9039
lol!
the dongle is harder to be done then the whole programm....
Old 04-02-2002, 02:13   #34 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by BleedR
lol!
well its not your problem its ICEDRAGONS problem now and no need to tell us that because we already know that protection is much harder but the flashtone is much more harder to startwith
Old 04-02-2002, 09:08   #35 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3360
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally posted by BleedR
lol!
Hmmm... Thanks for the concern, I'm working on it.

Last edited by Ice Dragon; 04-02-2002 at 10:04.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:26   #36 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 6267
how about this

put an ID tag in each copy you send out, differant for each copy
you will then know exactly who's version has been released to the net, and you can publicly humiliate them on here.

it won't stop it getting out, but may make people think twice before they do it.
Old 04-02-2002, 18:39   #37 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7731
Thanks Meter: 27
@ Ice Dragon.
Using my own procedure to add/replace/remove tones i made a conclusion.When changing any alert tone in my 6210 the tone plays all the time.it stops only if i ll read the message.In Vcard/operator logo/ringtone receive the problem is bigger.The tone never stops playing untill i ll reboot phone or browse to Tones menu.

But..there is a but here... the same thing happened when i changed alert tone with flashtone cracked...
Do u know anything about this? It is a bug? It is a limitation by NOKIA? Sorry for using cracked version but i wanted to test if this conclusion is general
Old 04-03-2002, 00:47   #38 (permalink)

Member: 9932
RE: Aout cracked flashtone

To all software makers we appreciate your hard work.

But I think ed2k i am not surprised that you should find your software cracked because pare your site is so full of cracked software given away for 'suppose to be free". Maybe if you remove all the cracked software and if you stop using them maybe I believe you. But all I can say it sorry you will find yourself a victim of your own crimes it is called karma.

Well good luck to Ice Dragon nice software. Hope it would be cheaper so we can purchase here in Philippines.Price just too high.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:05   #39 (permalink)

Member: 10565
@ed2_K

See... i told that it is all your fault rite!!!! But is ok man.... we will forgive you for what you used to be ....... but we will never forget for what you had done!!!! hehehehehheeheheheh ...... and stop acting like an innocent COW!!! Be a good boy next time ok!!! hohohhohohohoho....

Regards
Dejan XP
Old 04-03-2002, 02:18   #40 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3165
what can we say, a crack is a crack. but the good thing is that it gives them an oppurtunity to better themselves (or at least the software development) than ever before.

price they give for pinoy consumers is just fine. its just how you intend to use it and/or earn from it that counts. if you enjoy using it, then well and good. if not...

regards,

aCe

Last edited by aZyWeRks; 04-03-2002 at 02:33.
Old 04-03-2002, 03:01   #41 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Re: RE: Aout cracked flashtone

Quote:
Originally posted by nokia_pinoy
To all software makers we appreciate your hard work.

But I think ed2k i am not surprised that you should find your software cracked because pare your site is so full of cracked software given away for 'suppose to be free". Maybe if you remove all the cracked software and if you stop using them maybe I believe you. But all I can say it sorry you will find yourself a victim of your own crimes it is called karma.

Well good luck to Ice Dragon nice software. Hope it would be cheaper so we can purchase here in Philippines.Price just too high.
at least even if the other software are cracks is for free for the benifit of everybody. ill ask you a personal question what did you contribute to the filipino gsmcommunity to judge "karma" to other people?

regarding the price 5t is not that heavy for us becase if your realy into unlocking, repair and the like you have most likely invested more than this for a equipment or software before, that is if your not one of the "give me, send me" guys out here. (like purchasing the orig dejan box like me for $2000 sigh...............)

lastly its i think 5t is very cheap compared to what icedragon and the team spent on the development of the software not to mention the time spent on testing this..........

regards

[email protected]
Old 04-03-2002, 03:13   #42 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3430
Ok so flashtone 2.05 is cracked, but the cracked version is only for sale!!!

If this is a genuine crack, is it not a thought for the author of flashtone to now release this version for free. Else your hardwork is only linning the pockets of others.

Dont take this the wrong way, i am not trying to save my self 20 quid. In all honesty i have no use and no interest in changing the default tones (5 empty slots is fine for me ) although i realise many others have. I just wounder how many copies of the cracked version have been sold? How much money has/wil be made from your work.

Just my thoughts,
BR
Dan
Old 04-03-2002, 05:06   #43 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5006
Thanks Meter: 2
Has anyone got this program Flashtones 2.05. I need it.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:05   #44 (permalink)
Freak Poster

For the Benefit of all... FILIPINO CRAB MENTALITY!!!

Hi Friends,

It's now time to say the truth behind the development of the Flashtone by Ice Dragon.
Quite funny thing to read those posts that show the unspirited message by our
co-members, newbies & especially the Filipinos themselves. Where in any country the
phrase "Crab Mentality reigns". When someone have the success, they do whatever
they can to put an individual down at all means... laugh and rejoice when their
countryman are in unexpected circumtances.

The software itself says "Proud to be a Filipino"... For me, even I'm here in
the US I have to tell to my friends that at last the Filipino did it.
A simple software has been released to change, add & modified ringtones to all
Nokia DCT-3 Phones. It's a big news here, and I hope in our country as well!!!
No one have the idea before to do it except those people behind the development
of it. I have to specially mention Ice Dragon & ed2k_2 and with good & unsolicited
advice from AzyWerks, d_bug and X-Shadow.

Here's the "chronology" of the development of Flashtone by Ice Dragon.
For the critics and to all intrigue-makers. As far as I can remember
to me when at that time I were in the Philippines.

DECEMBER (as relayed by ed2k_2)
Filipino GSM-Forumers meet at Greenhills (you know yourselves), AzyWerks have a
Nokia unit (6150 (correct me if I'm wrong?)- with a Message Alert Tone that sounds
not familiar to every listeners. Yes, it was AzyWerks then, and with ed2k_2 present
in that meeting, not interested after all ('coz Dejan Box was the apple of the eye).
He (ed2k) called me the next day, telling me that a new "technology" will be in
the making with a very bright future of making it big in GSM scenes someday.
He had to call "d_bug", asking; that where in the Forum, that the unnoticed topic of
changing Message Tone have been discussed. Yes, it did come out in the 51xx/61xx
Section: Topic: And I... D_bug advised ed2k_2 to contact Azywerks, and Azywerks
advised him to contact Ice Dragon of Bacolod City, Philippines via email.
Ice Dragon reply positively that this project was far from impossible.

JANUARY
Ed2k_2 have a problem contacting Ice Dragon, he called me to get in-touch in the
soonest possible way with the man, Ice Dragon, because our place (Iloilo) is about an hour
ride via ferry to Ice's place (Bacolod). I also send MCU and PPM files for him to test. A nice conversation of how will the
software will be developed and presented have been discussed.
"Asking Price" by Ice that time for the immediately release of the software was
too high that we even offer to increase it if it will release in a matter of 1-2
weeks.

FEBRUARY (me in U.S.A)
Me, myself and ed2k_2 lost the hope of getting the software. But still calling and text'n Ice
International Long Distance, asking him, when will he release his special software?
We have no idea that he continue developing the software even if sometimes we're
not contacting him. Days, weeks and months have past...

MARCH
We, received an email from Ice Dragon, announcing that his Flashtone was ready for
released. And as an agreement, we have to pay the software now. And here what ed2k_2
decided; he went to Bacolod (3000+ nautical miles - southern part of the country)
with his friend (Edward) by Plane to meet the man responsible for this "one of a
kind software". And I myself was very thankful for ed2k_2 who shoulder all the
expenses of plane ticket, hotel accomodation and specially the payment for the
exclusive right to sell the software... and got it from him FREE... The Flashtone.
One week later the protection has been cracked, it was released free in the net.
We were upset but did nothing violently, but instead heads-up, Ice and ed2k
released an updates for it for the benefit of those who purchased it ahead of all.
And again... someone leaked the program, we have nothing to blame except for the
poor Armadillo-protection used to it.

APRIL-MAY
New Flashtone Pro (Flashing and setting Authority ID) as we expect will be
release!!! And to tell you all, it will only be released locally.

NOW IT WE'LL BE CLEAR TO ALL... Everyone of us must stand behind our
countrymen Ice Dragon and ed2k_2. Instead of degrading the value of the efforts
in this simple and small piece of software.

Regards,

EMIX

PS: nokia_pinoy, want a free soft? But don't want it in ed2k's site? Who are
you in this Forum, no sense at all, just a kid want a free lollipop? No
money to buy for a cheap price? Sorry, you're the best example of what a typical "crab-mentality"
guy, tsk tsk. (kawawa ka naman, most of us spend more that 5t for softwares like alcatel, panasonic, savy, even data cables and other stuff... huh huh!!!) email me then ill give you a cracked flashtone for free

Last edited by emix; 04-03-2002 at 07:15.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:14   #45 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 6267
somone is selling the keys for $10.00 now,

http://www.e-tones.co.uk/forums/show...0&pagenumber=3