GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )

Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) Nokia Legacy Models Like 1011, 1610, 211x, 2x20, 6050, 3110, 8110, NKxxx , 2100, 3210, 3310, 3330, 3410, 5110, 5210, 5510, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6250, 7110, 8210, 8250, 8850 also 9110 & 9210

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2000, 11:15   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1766
Thanks Meter: 0
Smile How to unlock with Wintesla?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to unlock 5110 V5.28 with Wintesla 6.03? Is it possible with MBUS cable at all?

Thank for help
Chernin
Old 07-25-2000, 15:22   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1570
Hi !

If You talk about sec. code - yes, you can unlock with wintesla. For other locks You must use another software. Look for old topics !

Regards
Old 07-26-2000, 14:51   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 827
Actually, you can unlock ALL nokia GSM with WinTesla if and only if you have the TDF-4 security box and the other devices that goes with it. WinTesla is a legitimate software made by nokia for their use and for use of their AUTHORIZED repair center.

Wihtout the devices, WinTesla is almost useless to us, the end users.

Lastly, it only works with MBUS.

Quote:
Originally posted by chernin:
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to unlock 5110 V5.28 with Wintesla 6.03? Is it possible with MBUS cable at all?

Thank for help
Chernin
Old 07-26-2000, 22:00   #4 (permalink)
Bph&co

Member:
Hi,
WildSwan, I think that WinTesla has some more
really interesting features, than unlocking.
You can tune the Tx and Rx part, check so many values like voltages and even battery temperature. Unlocking is not a big job any
way and there will be hundreds of progs for that, so WinTesla is really great tool for diagnostic and repair even cracked and not fully functional.

Regards
Old 07-27-2000, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1456
Yeah, you can tune all the Rx/Tx and stuff, even change lcd contrast, but be careful, Rx and Tx are what keep your phone running. As far as I am concerned, if it works, don't mess with it. How is the battery temperature going to help you anyway?

There is such a hype about Wintesla, but it is pretty dull and elaborate, with all the other programs out their that do almost all the same things...anyway, that's my two cents worth....

Regards

Prodigal
Old 07-27-2000, 06:56   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1766
Hi again

Thanks for replies. I've already removed SPlocks with other programs but I need a SOFTWARE solution for that disgusting 5.28 version. This doesn`t exist this time.
So back to original topic theme.
I started this topic because I could see a slight chance to remove splock with Wintesla. Why I say this? I found menu: Software - Phone identity and inside it there is a radiobutton IMEI and SIM lock. This uses MBUS and I COULD change the IMEI in this menu but when I tried to change
SIMlock the 'SIM Lock Programming Data' was not good enough for the program. I guess what to write into this editbox.
What`s your opinion about this?

Chernin
Old 07-27-2000, 16:40   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 827
Sorry to burst your bubble.

How can you tune it if you don't have the RF generator? How can you check the battery if you don't have Nokia's service battery (this is a battery used for power calibration)?

Just try the contrast setting. You will be able to read the current value and even change it. Try saving the changes to the phone... nothing will happen.

The WinTesla works in a certain service scheme depending on the model. Major and heavy function for maintaining the phone is not in the program itself. It is ON the hardwares involved such as the TDF-4 and/or PKD?? hardwares. Teh software is merele a driver to tell those hardware what to carry on.

Quote:
Originally posted by Prodigal:
Yeah, you can tune all the Rx/Tx and stuff, even change lcd contrast, but be careful, Rx and Tx are what keep your phone running. As far as I am concerned, if it works, don't mess with it. How is the battery temperature going to help you anyway?

There is such a hype about Wintesla, but it is pretty dull and elaborate, with all the other programs out their that do almost all the same things...anyway, that's my two cents worth....

Regards

Prodigal
Old 07-28-2000, 23:50   #8 (permalink)
Bph&co

Member:
Hi,
I don't have Service Manual for Nokia or something, but all the tests and tunnings are
performed in the phone, WinTesla is just a
communication and interface - nothing else.
You don't think that changing one byte in the
serial can make your phone unable to work?
But you can see 'Contact Service', just because all this protections and tests performed by the phone's MCU.
Also the battery temperature is really important - phone discontinue charging by checking that temperature( Somebody from Nokia ?)

Regards