GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )

Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) Nokia Legacy Models Like 1011, 1610, 211x, 2x20, 6050, 3110, 8110, NKxxx , 2100, 3210, 3310, 3330, 3410, 5110, 5210, 5510, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6250, 7110, 8210, 8250, 8850 also 9110 & 9210

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2000, 13:26   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1657
Thanks Meter: 0
Red face Nokia 3210 - Blacklisted

I have a Nokia 3210, that I found, It seems to be barred/blaclisted. How can I get it off the blaclist??

#1: Do I have to go with the cable/Pc connection, or is this possible to do on the phone??

#2: If I can do it on the phone. How? If not, where can I get the appropriate cables/programs??

Thnx in advance.

2Maz
Old 07-01-2000, 19:22   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1596
Thanks Meter: 12
U must change IMEI and I think it is not possible by cable ..?...
Old 07-02-2000, 10:26   #3 (permalink)

Member: 641
Exclamation

A phone cannot be barred, only the sim card. Your phone is locked and cannot except any sim card. You have to find an MBUS cable and an unlocker program and open the locks.

If you can't do it yourself , there are many people to do it for you for a small amount of money.

Good luck,

Nitas
Old 07-02-2000, 15:20   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1456
Exclamation

I stand to be corrected, but if a phone has been reported stolen, then it will be BLOCKED or BARRED by the networks. It will render the phone useless, except for spares. You can try change the IMEI but that usually destroys the phone or if it works, it is usually a temporary solution. The only other way, is proving ownership, and egtting the it removed off the blacklist, which won't help in your case, because you 'found' it.
Old 07-02-2000, 17:56   #5 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Hey ...

The network knows ONLY the serial number of its SIM card and nothing more. You can put your card into a variety of phones and the network will accept you as nothing happens. The blocked/barred is done to the SIM card and not to the phone itself.

Now, the phone can be locked (in a network) if it's a prepay deal. And this lock can be unlocked.

Nitas.
Old 07-02-2000, 23:51   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1646
Wink

In a GSM System the PHONE as well as the SIM can be black listed by the Cellular operator. The first thing the GSM mobile phone does when it powers on is that it informs the network about itself such as the IMEI number. The IMEI is then checked by a date base called the EIR (Equipment Identity Register). This database stores information about the mobile phone equipment (such as its hardware and IMEI). This data base will keep track of stolen phones or non-approved equipment. If the IMEI number has been reported stolen then it will be listed on the black list, which means that the phone will not be allowed to be used in that network. (There are three list in the EIR , the white, gray and black list). Now it is up to the GSM operator to decide if they want to use this EIR database… which many GSM operators do. There are a few countries that do not use the EIR though.
Old 07-03-2000, 05:57   #7 (permalink)
Y2K
VIP-Member

Member: 69
Dear Nitas

it's not the right way you told the people!!

if you connect to a mobile (gsm) system
there are more thing sended!

from the mobile : Imei
from the Sim : Imsi,...

and the imei can be blocked to the system!

only way is to change the imei, if it is black listed!

best regards

Old 07-03-2000, 15:06   #8 (permalink)

Exclamation

To Y2K,

there were thoughts of do this function you discribe. But I know that most countries and networks DO NOT have this ability yet...

To do this new sim card are needed as well new equipment from the network, The last time I heard about this, was that some networks are trying it to see the results.

If I'm wrong then I'm sorry to mis-inform the other users.

Nitas
Old 07-03-2000, 17:35   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1034
Hi there,

I don't know how it works in the rest of the world, but in england when u report a phone lost or stolen, only the netwok that supplied the phone will blacklist the IMEI. If you want to ensure that nobody can use your stolen phone you must tell the other networks, and depending on the mood of the operator, it will be blacklisted or not.

I know Orange blacklist the IMEI of their handsets if you report a phone, but with Vodafone for example, my friend lost his 3210 supplied by Vodafone in the pub, he reported it and was sent a new phone. A week later the phone was found in the pub (it slipped between the armchair) So I got the phone of my friend and put a Vodafone SIM card in it and voila, phone hooks to the network and I can make and receive calls.

Something similar happened to another friend with the same operator, Vodafone. Only this time the phone did get barred. Logic? I can see it. if anybody knows more about this maybe they can explain what criteria the operators use when it comes to barring or not barring an IMEI number.
Old 07-04-2000, 01:54   #10 (permalink)

Member: 809
Wink

Here in spain the phone can be barred as well as the sim,just try it out with your friends phone,get imei and phone provider telling them that you lost your phone.
(has to be a good friend to understand such a joke and laugh about it)
Old 07-08-2000, 23:41   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 498
Thanks Meter: 6
Hiya,

At the moment when a Network blocks a Phone the IMEI is Blacklisted. But only to their network!

Solution! Unlock the Phone and use on a different network!

At the moment the networks are not interlinked but theives BEWARE! The IMEI is going to be soon logged on a central system where not only does it block the IMEI to a network but all round the world. The central system will blacklist all lost or stolen phonez!

Mobile Phone Theft is a huge Industry...
Having a 8850 or similar is askin 2 get it stolen...trust me I know.

Regards

Dave

Old 07-09-2000, 16:23   #12 (permalink)

Member: 1646
Smile

This is not 100% true, there is a central EIR (Equipment Identity Register) located in Europe where all GSM operators can use. If the phone is stolen and if the operator believes in using the EIR than the phone will be barred in all GSM networks that update their EIR from the central EIR database.

This depends on country to country. For example in Greece they do not use an EIR (all the operators). It is quite interesting why they do not us the EIR….. their thinking is that if a phone is stolen…. SO WHAT….

Why….you ask????? because now the operator will have two people that will generate traffic (talk on the phone) the person who had their phone stolen(they will probably buy a new phone and the person who stole the phone (the thief) ….which will make each of the operator’s more money.

Some places that do use the EIR are most operators in Scandinavia such as Norway and Sweden, operators in southern and eastern Europe do not use the EIR.
Old 07-12-2000, 18:08   #13 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1703
Cool

here in sweden when a phone gets reported stolen. it will be blocked for:
Telia
Europolitan
And some times Comviq(some times they work 100% on comviq(i think) but mostly it only works with comviq for recieving calls and send/recieve sms..

Om det är nån i sverige som har många program och vill byta lite så maila mej..
jag har mycket intressant..