GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )

Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) Nokia Legacy Models Like 1011, 1610, 211x, 2x20, 6050, 3110, 8110, NKxxx , 2100, 3210, 3310, 3330, 3410, 5110, 5210, 5510, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6250, 7110, 8210, 8250, 8850 also 9110 & 9210

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2001, 10:46   #1 (permalink)

Member: 4104
Thanks Meter: 0
Red face Nokia 6150 - Provider blocked

Hi,

I just bought a phone and when I insert my card and try to call out I get "this phone is blocked for security reasons" So my guess is that he sold me a stolen phone. On another provider I can still use it, but that doesn't help much. If I have it correctly, I need to change the IMEI from the phone, so I ordered the Fbus/Mbus cables, (and not the flashcables ) and installed Wintesla, found the correct dll's (NSM-1, software version is 4.11) and tried to change the imei, but so far no luck. I've entered in wintesla imei programming data :
497251458124581/BFBF5BB2E06/FDF43
wich should give me 497251458124581 as imei .. but I keep getting errors...
please someone help!

Can I do it with this soft ? Do I need a flash cable so I upload an entire new eeprom ? Or the best solution, should I track the seller and shoot him ?!!

Thx in advance for any help.
Fx
Old 04-13-2001, 15:43   #2 (permalink)
pks
Freak Poster

Member: 3815
Thanks Meter: 2
do not try changing imei within wintesla as this will destroy your phone. i think you have a provider lock. to unlock this, try using dejan flasher or nokiatools(i am not too sure about this one).
Old 04-13-2001, 16:19   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3165
Quote:
Originally posted by FiloFx:
<STRONG>I get "this phone is blocked for security reasons"</STRONG>
Did your phone actually display those words? If yes, then thats new!

Or maybe it just wrote "sim card not accepted." If this is the case, just get hold of a copy of nokiatool and use it with the MBus datacable and unlock your phone.

Quote:
<STRONG>Can I do it with this soft ? Do I need a flash cable so I upload an entire new eeprom ? Or the best solution, should I track the seller and shoot him ?!!
Fx</STRONG>
IMEI changing with Wintesla? "Yes", but not without the proper hardware (Security Box, etc.). So technically, an ordinary datacable just wont do

With the flash cable, you cannot change the eeprom contents of your phone. The 6150 eeprom data isn't written on the flash.

If killing somebody is legal in your place, then go ahead . . Just kiddin.

Regards,

aCe

<FONT COLOR="#ffff00" SIZE="1">[ 13 April 2001 17:27: Message edited by: aZyWeRks ]</font>
Old 04-13-2001, 16:41   #4 (permalink)

Red face

Hi, thx for the replies, well no the phone doesn't say that, the pre-recorded message from my provider says that whenever I try to CALL OUT. When i dial a number I get "This telephone is locked for security reasons). Also when I used NOKOTO tools I had 2 different IMEI'S !!! ???

IMEI : xxxx
ORIGINAL IMEI : XXXX '(other number)

?????????

The card is not locked, as I already tried the unlocking soft (nokall.exe) wich unlocked everything so It is very weird... It just won't allow me to DIAL OUT, altough I have the network provider on the screen.

When I change the card with another one from a different network provider, it WORKS, and I can call out, (mobistar works, proximus & orange NOT) so my guess it that they block "stolen?" phones ????

Is there ANYTHING i can do with this phone or is it for the garbage can ? If someone has a use for it, I am willing to trade it, send it, whatever. Coz this way, it is of no use to me

ps: I wish i was legal to shoot someone

Regards,
Fx
Old 04-13-2001, 20:28   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3165
Check which IMEI has changed, the real IMEI or the Original IMEI (Cosmetic). Compare it with the IMEI written at the back of your phone.

It is also possible that you've unknowingly changed your IMEI through Wintesla. I've come across a posting (from this forum) that a guy did a similar thing as what you did. He had his code generated through NSEMaster, and injected it into Wintesla, then ended up messing his IMEI. Now his phone is useless.

But in case its just the Original IMEI, I have a proggy by PRO (nse-oic) that changes the Original IMEI via MBUS. It's designed for NSE type mobile phones but I think it might work for the 6150.

Oh BTW, in case you want to throw away your phone, why dont you throw it at my direction, I'm sure I can find a use for it.

Regards,

aCe
Old 04-13-2001, 21:53   #6 (permalink)

Red face

Hi, thx for the reply.

I tried the nse-oic, and it changes the "original Imei" (according to Nokoto), but not the IMEI, which is also that one on the back of the phone. So PROXIMUS (here in belgium) is reading the IMEI in order to block the phone. I can get ONTO the network, but I am not allowed to place a call. So is there a way to change the IMEI of this phone and if there is, what to do. I had bought a dual sim battery for it and everything.. now it seems useless ...

If anyone can help me on how to fix the phone, please send me suggestions/solutions.

Thx in advance
Fx
Old 04-13-2001, 23:12   #7 (permalink)

Well I give up.. I could actually use the phone with 2 MOBISTAR cards in them .. but well I've put it up for EXCHANGE in the "SALES FORUM"

So if anyone is interested in EXCHANGING the Nokia 6150 go read in the sales forum.

Thx to those who replied
Old 04-15-2001, 18:37   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2628
Exclamation

I had the same problem, try to use nokia tool pro to unlock the phone.

Good luck
Old 04-16-2001, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
MDR
No Life Poster

Member: 1272
Thanks Meter: 3
hello, you're celphone has been blocked to some networks due to the fact that it was reported stoled. so, you have to use your phone with any other network in the region.

you cannot change the phone's imei ithout the right HADRWARE and SOFTWARE..... even though you have the complete wintesla, but without the other HARDWARES, useless.....

and, tampered phones is not worth selling