GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2015, 01:06   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2399808
Thanks Meter: 0
Nokia N520 - Unable to find bootable option

Hi Guys,

First post so be gentile

Daughter N520 suddenly reported the above error when she turned it on last Friday after a charge. I spend best part of the weekend downloading various recovery tools (Nokia Software updater retail, Lumia software updater, NSS pro.054 to name a few) and the RM-914 files (which I presume is the windows image ?) however I still have had no luck in resolving the issue.

In NSS pro, the USB connection shows up as "Nokia USB Connectivity" but clicking on the read info gives N/A for all the details. If I click on self tests or any other options for that matter I get "No (JSON) handler for this function". Most of the other apps time out more then not, but on the odd occasion the Nokia / lumia software will connect, display the IMI and some basic info on the phone, but clicking update to load the RM files falls over with either "phone not supported", or I get a windows message that something has stopped responding and needs to close. Nokia care suit shows the connection device as USB2. Product in flash mode and a big red X stating not supported product.

I did take it to a local guy who runs a phone business and he said his tech guy tried, got a bit further than I did, but it still won't boot properly giving the same error message. However I have noticed that when connected to the PC it shows up as "Nokia BootMGR" under unspecified devices in Devices and printers rather than windows phone or winphone.

Any idea's or is it case of buying a replacement phone and keeping this as spares for the LCD etc ?