GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/)
-   -   8210 No Ringtone Volume (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/8210-no-ringtone-volume-82800/)

monie 04-29-2003 11:48

8210 No Ringtone Volume

Greetings every one. I have a nokia 8210 which does not ring.Hisory of the problem: Its screen was going off when i was reading new messages. I took it to a fone repairer and asked him to change the screen with another one with serial no. E8 below the 0 key. But instead he made his own screen. It worked, but then the fone started heating up. He changed my software version, from the original one (Ver. 5.29) to ver 5.21. The fone was slow after that. The ringtones were soo slow when played, even the clock was too slow. I took the fone back to him, and he upgraded the fone to ver. 5.28, but though it works well, it does not ring. It only vibrates, and makes a beep when i set it to beep once in general profile when i receive a new message.
What should i do? Should i download a flash of ver 5.29 and flash my nokia? Some one help!
Thanx in advance.

johny3310 04-29-2003 12:12

Re: 8210 No Ringtone Volume

Quote:

Originally posted by monie
Greetings every one. I have a nokia 8210 which does not ring........... Some one help!
I think that person that repaired your phone is nothing but cheater!. Maybe he changed your board with some crappy one.

Flashing to any version (if done properly) cannot cause "phone to slow", "no ringer" or "phone heating"

Resume:[list=1]1. LCD shuts off when viewing picture messages - hardware problem, LCD needs to be changed. The best way is to use original LCD with front metal frame and keypad domes.
2. Phone to slow - problem with 32KHz clock (hardware)
3. Heating - problem with PA or antenna switch (hardware)
4. Not ringing - probably also hardware - buzzer or some UI component.[/list=1]

So, flashing is not a solution.

monie 04-29-2003 12:32

No ring tone

The fone does not ring, but it makes a beep when i get a message. Do i have to change the ringer?

johny3310 04-29-2003 12:51

Re: No ring tone

Quote:

Originally posted by monie
The fone does not ring, but it makes a beep when i get a message. Do i have to change the ringer?
Message BEEP is coming through the speaker, not buzzer (ringer).
Try to change buzzer (ringer) first, than post results here.

monie 04-29-2003 13:14

Ok

willy 04-30-2003 21:20

HI,,

It is HW problem, so i remove this thread here in Repair of NOKIA !

NO ring ,, you have first to check link cut , that buzzer for that VB ( direct from battery ), and others side to UI N310 , and that UI control by MAD! multi tester will help !

i agree, your PCB were replaced by that repair guy ,,,, ask him to return your working PCB !

Willy

monie 05-02-2003 16:39

Wow, u guys were of great help. I took the Nokia back and i had the buzzer and PCB replaced. Now my nokia makes some music i have missed for quite a while.THANKS A LOT, AND BE BLESSED....