GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 14:54   #1 (permalink)

Member: 399937
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Dismantle my n91, after being drowned in yoghurt

Yoghurt??? I know, I know it sounds crazy.

Hi there, new to the forums, due to an emergency with my n91 this morning on the way to work. Had a large tub of youghurt in my bag which burst drowning everything I was carrying. My phone is still working thankfully, but despite cleaning it as best as I could there is still yoghurt in behind the joystick and buttons, and the slide is extremely stiff to the point where strong force is needed and I'm scared I'm going to break it.

What I need to know is how to dismantle the phone myself so I can do a thorough clean behind all the buttons, screen, slides, etc.

Hope you can help me! I love my phone to bits, and don't want to junk it!

Cheers, Fiona.
Old 11-28-2006, 15:00   #2 (permalink)

Member: 399937
*bump*

can anyone help me?
Old 11-28-2006, 16:28   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 88938
Thanks Meter: 16
search forum for service manual to big to load on this site
Old 12-08-2006, 20:27   #4 (permalink)

Member: 407390
Quote:
Originally Posted by phynna_RGV View Post
Yoghurt??? I know, I know it sounds crazy.

Hi there, new to the forums, due to an emergency with my n91 this morning on the way to work. Had a large tub of youghurt in my bag which burst drowning everything I was carrying. My phone is still working thankfully, but despite cleaning it as best as I could there is still yoghurt in behind the joystick and buttons, and the slide is extremely stiff to the point where strong force is needed and I'm scared I'm going to break it.

What I need to know is how to dismantle the phone myself so I can do a thorough clean behind all the buttons, screen, slides, etc.

Hope you can help me! I love my phone to bits, and don't want to junk it!

Cheers, Fiona.
I have a guide to dismantling the N91.
It is a bit rough and ready and a few things to add (like replacing the screen) and some better pics to include (without the fingerprints).
It does have enough information in it for you to dismantle it.

http://downloads.swinetown.co.uk/N91_Disassemble.pdf

--
PajaP
Old 12-10-2006, 18:28   #5 (permalink)

Member: 407390
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajaP View Post
I have a guide to dismantling the N91.
It is a bit rough and ready and a few things to add (like replacing the screen) and some better pics to include (without the fingerprints).
It does have enough information in it for you to dismantle it.
Now updated to include LCD Screen and Camera Module replacement:

http://downloads.swinetown.co.uk/N91_Disassemble.pdf

--
PajaP