GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 21:49   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 47625
Thanks Meter: 12
Dont Put Jumpers Use Them In Case Of Immergency Only

IS the jumpers are the technically perfect solution
ifyes then why the manufacturer put these ics
if no then why you are asking to do
its a solution only in case of immergency .
many new technitians damages the connections while making jumpers
everyone should take this serious

In our place there are many nontechnical people use to get these jumpers by paying few amount from market & try these jumpers & just because of not having sufficient practice they damages the tracks on pcb.
When it comes to me i could not help it.

I am 3/4 level Engineer thats why suggesting
either take it otherwise
Old 09-05-2007, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 47625
Thanks Meter: 12
All those thechnically sound people pls post your opinion..............!
Old 09-05-2007, 23:43   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 385881
Thanks Meter: 40
i put a lot of jumpers and not even one damaged---but i have 6 years of practice in gsm service and a 8x microscope
but i dont do it ,only if i dont have the Ic's.These Ic's are in fact filters and jumpered mai cause damage in the phone in time by allowing big (antistatic) curents flow thru pcb and damage the phone permanently

Br.Basta
Old 09-06-2007, 00:53   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 241039
Thanks Meter: 4,170
Thumbs up dear br

dear dilip
You are absolutely right, specially antenna switch and PA. Those are not fuse, when we use jumper some function of cell left there work like sonyericsson charging ESD. When u removes it and put jumpers. The ring tone did not download in it; actually, these are only for testing. Especially new technicians should avoid doing that. U can check sim IC, which is not fuse. These are resistors; they have some value, and safe the UEM. However, someone use jumper. Jumper is only use for missing print .non technical people in trying damage the prints. Now technical person help less. I has to receive several cases in a day .I have to charge the big amount like these cases. They consume the time .some time I have to reball the IC only for one print. Mostly asking for audio IC jumpering .some don’t know and did not aware about even ESD , EMI filters, linner ICs .so we should change the ICs Not make jumper. all of ESD and EMI filters are safety for the cell phones. Companies add them for prevention of any damages of big ICs. They are expensive and hard to replace.

rashid
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 560754
Thanks Meter: 289
YEAH, All Brother is right 2 make a jumper is the final solution use only!!!! so dont use this solution if we can solved the problem with changed the parts....
Old 09-06-2007, 12:55   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 399779
Thanks Meter: 125
Arrow

yeap......jumpers should only be used in case of missing print......there use should not be made as habit......it should only be used 4 ....testing , non availabilty & rare case of emergency.......we should avoid permanent damage to phone..

regards
PUNEET14884
Old 09-06-2007, 17:21   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 227127
Thanks Meter: 241
My advice to beginners is, Look before you leap!

eg; in "N70 white screen" before u going for jumper u need to know why u r removing the SMPS iC ,APE regulator and using jumper? its because of the missing voltages to the OMAP and APE.

if u check the voltages first, check the reason for the missing voltages, ie; short circuit or broken track.
then giving jumper is the proper solution.
Old 09-06-2007, 17:25   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 80354
Sonork: 100.1577575
Thanks Meter: 21,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet14884 View Post
yeap......jumpers should only be used in case of missing print......there use should not be made as habit......it should only be used 4 ....testing , non availabilty & rare case of emergency.......we should avoid permanent damage to phone..

regards
PUNEET14884
yes i am agree with you