GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2004, 01:15   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7751
Thanks Meter: 74
Hardware Repair Series: 6310i Buzzer Fix with pictures and explanation in details

@All

Today we'll take a look on 6310/6310i and how to fix/patch the buzzer when it's faulty.

Tools needed for this fix :

1 : Soldering Iron 30 - 50 Watt
2 : Good flux, I recommend ERSA - FMKANC32-005 non-clean cream.
3 : Soldering tin 1.5 - 2 mm with core flux
4 : Patch wire, I use personally old flatcable from computers, it's perfect for our use !

Lets for a starter look at what have to be done.

We have to identify the pads, where do they lead to, and howto patch those points in a nicely manner, so that the phone does not come back later with a shorted wire to ground or something similar, which I've have a few of untill the right method was found.

In the picture below here you'll see the side of the PCB which connects directly to the buzzer pins, which is like a spring. Make notice of the blue and red arrow, this indicates which pads goes to where on the next picture after this.

Under here you'll see where the pads from the other side of the PCB have to be connected to. The Red goes to R350, and the Blue goes to C306.

So now we have identified what goes to what, easy part 1 is now over. Now pull out some insulated wire, the insulation should be the hard type, not too soft, since it'll deteriorate quite quikly in my exsperince ! In the picture below I've already mounted a wire from the pad which line is missing, it's the Red pad, so we have to wire this to R350. But first, as you see I've circled 3 places, these 3 palces you'll have to take care for the following

1 : Be sure to have the insulation inside the pad area, otherwise it'll might be shorted to ground with time.
2 : I always route the wire under the framegrounding to keep it in place.
3 : I use the small notch where the display snaps in, the wire fits perfect here in the free area as seen on the picture,
in order to get to the other side of the PCB, even if both pads are faulty, I can fit 2 wires in that notch without any problems at all.

On the last picture under here you'll see the other side of the PCB.

4 : The notch from above picture
5 : Routing that I've done, you can do whatever you want here, as long you connect to R350.

Now you can do the same procedure for the wirering to C306, same same. In case that this fix wont help the problem, i.e the buzzer does still not work after both pads have been patched and you've changed the Buzzer to a known working one, then I'm afraid you are out of luck, C306 is the only point to connect to in this way, from there the line goes direct to UEM. Theres no problem with Vbat connection, it exists a lot of places on the board.

Hope this helps out some folks. Good luck, and dont blame me for busted boards, do this at you own risk !

And please, do not start any "send me too" posts of any kind, they will be deleted. I do not have it whatever it might be. For your information I use a Novex AP-8 stereo microscope, and pictures posted here is taken with a QX3 Intel (tm) digital toy microscope, you can find those nice little ones on Ebay for around 60 Euro.

Regards

Last edited by GSM Coolhawk; 07-23-2004 at 01:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to GSM Coolhawk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2004, 19:39   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7751
Thanks Meter: 74
@All

Too many out of topic questions and 1 line thank you posts in this thread. All have been deleted and topic closed. This is for information puposes only on how to repair this fault !

Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to GSM Coolhawk For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread