GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 22:21   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 81153
Thanks Meter: 0
Help With Voltage Measurements!!

Hello Friends,

Sometimes on various posts, I see people mentioning the amount of
power that the phone is drawing....in Ma....like 30 Ma....10 Ma...

I would like to know that if I have powered up a 3310 in a test jig,
then how do I measure the drawing of current? sorry for such a stupid
question...

Also, in service manuals, it is mentioned to check various voltages
on various components.....now for my stupid question

Where do I keep the other probe of the multimeter while measuring
a component... on +ve of battery connector?....or on the same
component?

Any help will be appreciated... I have just bought a 3310 test jig
and would like to do some serious trouble shooting with it..

Also, I do not have any fancy equipment like an oscilloscope,
or a frequency counter....am I insufficiently geared up for
repairs without these equipments?

Regards...
Raja3333
Old 10-12-2004, 22:34   #2 (permalink)

Member: 4989
Thanks Meter: 13
You repair phones and you don't know how to measure current drawing ?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:08   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 29006
Thanks Meter: 28
you have a lot to learn before you can start repair phones
Old 10-13-2004, 01:52   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7751
Thanks Meter: 74
@raja3333

What did I just tell you in this thread here ? You need to first of all learn the fun*****tals of eletronics, how does it work, what is current, what is Ohm's law, how to calculate different aspects of electronic circuits, specially frequency cicuits which is all over a mobile phones these days. Go to your local libary and start reading books about the most basic things.

But I must say, if you dont even know how to measure voltage...... then you are a long way from starting to repair mobiles on Hardware Level !

Start with unlocking, and read all threads you can, obsolete or not, theres alot of info on this board.

Regards
Old 10-13-2004, 04:16   #5 (permalink)
Major Poster

Attn: GSM COOLHAWK
and all others...

Thanks for replies....

I still havent got an answer as to how to measure a component....
PS: I did not say that I dont know how to use a multimeter

I just dont know hoe to measure various components when they are powered on in a test jig....

A little help in this matter would be appreciated....

As regards reading the threads on this forum, it is my only activity, day in and out, and I have also downloaded the archives on this forum in an offline browser, "webcopier" and make sure that I spend all available time reading the threads.

Regards
Raja3333
Old 10-13-2004, 04:45   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7751
Thanks Meter: 74
@raja3333

Ok, listen, once again, you have to learn fun*****tal electronics.

A simple search on google would have lead you to may web resources for learning what you are asking. To make it short, you connect ground to ground and measure on components with positive, that you should have known if you say you know how to use a multimeter ?

Anyway, heres some links to fun*****tal electronics :

Online guide to a wide range of useful electrical and electronic information find that here

Information on a variety of basic electronics circuits from Denver University. find that here

Links to pages of tips on various electronics topics, from color codes for inductors and resistors to a guide to making electronics measurements. find that here

Introducing pupils to basic concepts of electronics, component symbols, power sources, diodes, capacitors, transistors, LEDs, 555, opamp find that here

Principles of semiconductor devices: review of modern physics, semiconductor fun*****tals, metal-semiconductor junctions, p-n junctions, bipolar transistors, MOS capacitors, MOS Field-Effect-Transistors find that here

Introduction to electronics and electroacoustics sound, decibels, capacitors, filters, electromagnetism and transformers, diodes, rectifiers, power supplies, transistors, operatioal amplifiers, compressors, limiters, expanders, grounding, shielding, dynamic microphone, condenser microphone, loudspeakers, power amplifiers, digital conversion and transmission, time code find that here

Lessons in electric circuits a free series of textbooks on the subjects of electricity and electronics find that here

Radio and electronics school basic electricity, resistor colour code chart, Ohm's law, series circuits, parallel circuits, magnetism, alternating current, capacitance, inductance, electric meters, cells & batteries, microphones, transformers, RLC circuits & resonance, power supplies, electron tubes, decibels, electromagnetic radiation, semiconductors, amplifiers, oscillators, Phase Locked Loop, propagation, amplitude modulation, AM transmitters & receivers, filters, interference, frequency modulation, antennas, transmission lines, test equipment & measurements find that here

Williamson labs communications, computers, antennas, data sheets, decoupling, electronic design automation, electromagnetic compatibility, radio, amplifiers, inductors, operational amplifiers, op amps, optics, oscillators, oscilloscopes, rf, modulation, heterodyne, mixer, double sideband, dsb, single sideband, ssb, amplitude modulation, am, frequency modulation, fm, shielding, sound, piezo, seebeck, peltier, video, vga, vcr, raster, tv, television, ntsc, pal, rs-170, rs-170a, bipolar transistors, bjt, field effect transistors, fet, mosfet. find that here

So now you can start reading and learning !

Regards
Old 10-13-2004, 12:58   #7 (permalink)
Major Poster

Now THATS what I call HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks GSM COOLHAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will look into the links and get back to you.

Regards

Raja3333
Old 10-24-2004, 18:16   #8 (permalink)
zik

Member: 78851
thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeery much.
*** bless you.