GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2003, 01:09   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 764
Thanks Meter: 0
Imei write to UEM?

Hi,
I was told by Griffin team official seller in my country that imei can be written to UEM only by griffin (without any RPL computed file). It is against anythink i read before. I was thinking that i need RPL file (it can be some with other IMEI but same ASIC type) and write it to clear UEM. Then i will get functial phone with changed imei.

IS it true or what? In this area it lacks on information very much!
Old 12-03-2003, 02:58   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 255
Thanks Meter: 3
Rpls

You need RPLs

BR
Old 12-03-2003, 08:33   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 38279
So, what if I have a phone with a broken UEM but no original RPL File. I change the UEM and want to write back the original IMEI. Can I take any other RPL file of the same ASIC type and simply change the IMEI in that file? Or is there any software to compute the RPL files?

Eisdieler
Old 12-03-2003, 09:27   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

I was told that there is no free soft for this. It can be done in Nokia center (but not in ours:-). I sended many email to Griffin team with no reply (regarding activation of my official box, RPL file computation, resistor modification of the box, etc.).....NO REPLY AT ALL.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:38   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 14741
Thanks Meter: 119
Change imei and UEM is not a simple think!!
Old 12-03-2003, 10:24   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 17711
Thanks Meter: 1,858
Quote:
Originally posted by Eisdieler
So, what if I have a phone with a broken UEM but no original RPL File. I change the UEM and want to write back the original IMEI. Can I take any other RPL file of the same ASIC type and simply change the IMEI in that file? Or is there any software to compute the RPL files?

Eisdieler
As I understand there is no way for now to write custom IMEI number to phone. You CANNOT take other RPL file and change IMEI in it.
If your UEM is ok, you can read data from phone and send to Griffin team. They will calculate rpl for you for some price.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:42   #7 (permalink)
Major Poster

To Bohosh

Thanks but I do not need such a reply! I am not dum, but from your reply I do not know If you are? Please only reply with some knowledge. And not only "it is not easy" etc.

If you are changing Imei in phones DCT4 every day and you do not want to share with us, OK no problem!
Old 12-03-2003, 10:45   #8 (permalink)
Major Poster

to Fractalizer:

"you can send it to Griffin team", did someone tryed this? I did but without any feedback. So where you get your computed RPL's with defined IMEI from flash?

I know the theory, but what about some real work?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:05   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 17711
Thanks Meter: 1,858
Quote:
Originally posted by Renda
to Fractalizer:

"you can send it to Griffin team", did someone tryed this? I did but without any feedback. So where you get your computed RPL's with defined IMEI from flash?

I know the theory, but what about some real work?
I never tried to ask somebody to generate RPL for me and I don't use Griffin to Rebuild IMEI. I have Trisha box and Trisha support answers my emails good.