GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2003, 14:29   #1 (permalink)

Member: 41220
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy Nokia 6210 problems (phone restarts irratically)

Hi there,

i have a 6210 which is a real piece of crap... it worked fine for a few months after i bought it (i bought it used, so warranty is expired), but then it started doing weird, it started with the no network problem, after a bunch of months it kept saying "simcard rejected" when switching on the phone. after putting it on and off for like 10 times it finally worked once, for 2 seconds, then the network got lost, and never got back. (in the network monitor page 56 it displayed "UI Task" where it normally displays "OS Idle" (description: "name of task which last tried to double deallocate a block"))... I took the phone apart, and i got that fixed. it boots again, and sometimes has network.

Anyways, about 3 weeks ago the phone started restarting itself every now and then. without any reason to. i had it laying on my desk, and i was staring at it, and it just restarted, i didnt even push any button. after it restarts it NEVER has network until i push a button. it works fine then (network drops away every now and then).
I really have no clue how i can fix this. can it be a software bug? that i just messed up the software somehow, knowing it never acted like this before.

Another thing that is odd... the battery runs out very fast, it will last only 3 days, normally it lasts almost a week. and, it's not the fault of the battery, it's only a half year old.

Some info about the phone:

software version: 4.36
manufactering date: 31-01-01
hardware version: 3407

** thanks in advance for your posts **

Mark [newby]
Old 10-09-2003, 15:43   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 20639
Thanks Meter: 233
Hi

For the battery last faster then normall.. i believe that bcos of the phone restarting itself and loosing networks, therefore its drain abit energy..

loosing network.. check/replace ant's switch,---> pa,---> cobba.. ( or do the reflow with hotair station... cobba , hagar, ccont) might fixed..

restarting / hang up/... need to reball or replace CPU ( dry joins) or by replacing this CPU might fixed the network as well..

Well good luck

TMPC
Old 10-09-2003, 15:51   #3 (permalink)

Member: 41220
Thanks Meter: 0
i was playing with the phone a bit, to make it restart. i noticed that the phone completely hangs up just before it restarts.

thanks for your reply, i'll try it out right away.

greetings,

Mark