GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 06:46   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1068597
Thanks Meter: 0
Nokia 6288 Software update issue

Hi all, I have had my Nokia 6288 for more than 2 years. Was working fine until 3 months ago and then it started giving me "Simcard registration failed", and not getting some text messages and sometimes the incoming call doesnt work.

As the warranty is expired, i thought i would give it a try by upgrading the software. I had downloaded the nokia software update from Nokia website and connected via USB cable.

Current FW is 5.94. The nokia software has suggested that 6.43 is available for download. So when i clicked "upgrade" it downloaded the software and while upgrading the phone went blank (black screen) and the "The phone is not connected via USB" message came up at the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar.

Im not sure, but seems like my windows USB port suddenly stopped working or something, but the installation was stuck and now my phone is completely DEAD.
It does not turn on at all.

Is there any possibility or anyway i could get around this problem?
I have searched the net and found their is "Phoenix service software".
Would this software help? Anylinks and advice wud be helpful.

Thanks all in advance.