GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 11:42   #1 (permalink)

Member: 246986
Thanks Meter: 0
Nokia 6300 - Sea Water damaged - Almost alive. Help ?

Hi everyone, I accidentally dipped my phone in sea water for a couple of minutes and sure enough, the phone stopped working. I was on holiday, so did not manage to open it up to clean the phone. It was dried in the sun though. When I got back, I disassembled the phone, cleaned the main PCB with Isopropyl Alcohol and then with warm water (to dissolve any sea salt) and then left it to dry in a lab oven overnight at ~80 deg C. I then assembled the whole phone together and part of it started working again. It kept asking me for the default security code (12345) and always asked for the date and time everytime I took the battery out. I measured the voltage on the small backup battery (lower left on the PCB) and it is 1.3V, so I guess this is the cause. The things that are not working are :- 1) The SIM card is not recognised. When I turn on the phone, it says Start without a SIM card ? Accept or reject. I tried different SIMs (Vodafone and O2, working on other mobile phones) but it is not accepted. The only one that worked was a old VODAFONE (disconnected) SIM. 3) The LCD backlight and the PCB keypad LEDs are not working. I checked the PCB LEDs and they are not damaged. Not sure I can say the same about the LCD backlight. 4) The MicroSD card slot is not working. 5) The loudspeaker is not working (I think). The bits that are working are :- a) Camera (yippee !) b) Mic and earpiece (can do a voice recording and play it back) c) Vibrate function d) Side blue lights come on when you turn it on e) USB (I managed to back up everything now !) f) Charging (I think it works as there is an indicator when I plug in the charger) So I am almost there. If I can get pass the SIM issue, I can check if I can use it to make calls. Any help to repair this phone is very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance. lengchaidude
Old 03-09-2010, 22:26   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1252963
Thanks Meter: 4
he man you must rehot your sim ic if not support change it