GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 17:40   #1 (permalink)

Member: 800106
Sonork: zayid
Thanks Meter: 0
Nokia N90 not Working!!!

Hello everyone, hope you're all fine. Please i have a problem with with my Nokia N90. It started giving me battery problem (the battery started discharging at a very fast rate - 2Hrs tops) after changing batteries several times, i decided to clean it up so, i opened it and cleaned it with methylated spirit i gave it about 30mins then i coupled the phone but it wont start. I don't know whether there is a fuse or a shunt on-board that i don't know about?. The phone does not power up, charge or respond when connected to power supply. Please i am open to ideas anything to make it work.
Thanks.
Old 07-05-2008, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 324042
Sonork: 100.1578276
Thanks Meter: 3,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by zayid View Post
Hello everyone, hope you're all fine. Please i have a problem with with my Nokia N90. It started giving me battery problem (the battery started discharging at a very fast rate - 2Hrs tops) after changing batteries several times, i decided to clean it up so, i opened it and cleaned it with methylated spirit i gave it about 30mins then i coupled the phone but it wont start. I don't know whether there is a fuse or a shunt on-board that i don't know about?. The phone does not power up, charge or respond when connected to power supply. Please i am open to ideas anything to make it work.
Thanks.
Contact with your local service center.
Old 07-05-2008, 18:27   #3 (permalink)

Well i don't think we have a Nokia outlet here but i tried a service center and i was told the main board is damaged and has to be changed but they haven't been able to get the board and it is well over 8 months now. Talk about shooting oneself on the foot
Old 07-05-2008, 18:34   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehedi.h.j View Post
Contact with your local service center.
I don't think we have a Nokia service center over here anyway, i took the phone to some repair outlets and they kept telling me that the main board is damaged and i have to change it but it's been 8 months now and no one has been able to get me the board they keep saying that Nokia has stopped the production of N90 so the parts are scarce. Talk about shooting oneself on the foot.
Old 07-05-2008, 18:51   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 761248
Sonork: masumkb
Thanks Meter: 28
i have nokia n90 main board , but how can i help u? if u in serious problem here my mail add [email protected] u can contact me.