GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/)
-   -   Nokia service cable for phone repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/nokia-service-cable-phone-repair-54508/)

rsmith 08-30-2002 07:03

Nokia service cable for phone repair

All,

I am trying to service some nokia 5100 phones and have the nokia boxes but I don't have the correct cable. I am trying to find information on wire connections of the the SCH-5 service cable. Below is my first pass at the connections on the RJ connector of the cable. These connections should map to the standard 7 pin connector on the bottom of the 5100. I should point out that pins A and B on the box connector are not part of a the standard 8 pin RJ connectors, I put them there because some of the service boxes have an extra pin to the side of pins 1 and 8 for a total of 10 pins.

RJ Receptacle on Service Box (View looking straight into connector)
--------------
| |||||||||| |
| A12345678B |
|
-----|--|-----

RJ Plug on Cable (View looking down onto connector pins)
--------------
| |||||||||| |
| '12345678' |
|
|
--------------

Pin Description
A Present on some boxes, not on cable
1 Audio (XEAR, XMIC, SGND ?)
2 Audio (XEAR, XMIC, SGND ?)
3 Audio (XEAR, XMIC, SGND ?)
4 FBUS TX
5 FBUS RX
6 MBUS
7 L_GND
8 (Unkown)
B Present on some boxes, not on cable

If anyone could provide me with the correct connections or just confirm and fill in the blanks that I have, I would really appreciate it. having only half the solution is just not fun.

rsmith:)

willy 08-30-2002 07:47

Re: Nokia service cable for phone repair

Hello Rsmith,

Correct in RJ45 !

and here 51xx pinout

| O |-------| | | | | | |
----------------M R T G

M:Mbus
R : Fbus Rx
T : Fbus Tx
G :L-GND

willy

Quote:

Originally posted by rsmith
All,

I am trying to service some nokia 5100 phones and have the nokia boxes but I don't have the correct cable. I am trying to find information on wire connections of the the SCH-5 service cable. Below is my first pass at the connections on the RJ connector of the cable. These connections should map to the standard 7 pin connector on the bottom of the 5100. I should point out that pins A and B on the box connector are not part of a the standard 8 pin RJ connectors, I put them there because some of the service boxes have an extra pin to the side of pins 1 and 8 for a total of 10 pins.

RJ Receptacle on Service Box (View looking straight into connector)
--------------
| |||||||||| |
| A12345678B |
|
-----|--|-----

RJ Plug on Cable (View looking down onto connector pins)
--------------
| |||||||||| |
| '12345678' |
|
|
--------------

Pin Description
A Present on some boxes, not on cable
1 Audio (XEAR, XMIC, SGND ?)
2 Audio (XEAR, XMIC, SGND ?)
3 Audio (XEAR, XMIC, SGND ?)
4 FBUS TX
5 FBUS RX
6 MBUS
7 L_GND
8 (Unkown)
B Present on some boxes, not on cable

If anyone could provide me with the correct connections or just confirm and fill in the blanks that I have, I would really appreciate it. having only half the solution is just not fun.

rsmith:)

rsmith 09-03-2002 03:58

All,

One final question about the SCH-5 and SCH-5a cables. On the two cables, are there only the 4 connections FBUS_RX, FBUS_TX, MBUS, L_GND or do they contain all 7 connections which includes the above plus XEAR, XMIC, and SGND connections. If the cables do contain all 7 connections can somebody tell me which positions the XEAR, XMIC, and SGND goto on the RJ connector?

Thanks,
rsmith

PS Willy, thanks for the previous information I built the cable and it seems to work just fine.