GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2003, 09:24   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 8304
Thanks Meter: 362
WILLY-About tx/rx calibration

HI

I NEED SOME ADVICE ABOUT TX/RX CALIBRATION.IN MOST CASES WHEN I REPLACE RF COMPONENTS LIKE HAGAR,I CANT CALIBRATE RF CIRCUITRY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE WORKING WINTESLA AND OSCILLISCOPE.I ALWAYS HAVE UNSTABLE TX RESULT LIKE EVERY 10 SECONDS NETWORK DROPS AND COMES UP.

QUESTION 1: WHERE ARE TX/RX VALUES STORED?,IF IN EEPROM WHY DOES FULL FLASH NOT HELP.

QUESTION 2:ARE THERE EASIER WAYS TO RE-CALIBRATE?

QUESTION 3OES CALIBRATION WRITE ANY INFORMATION TO HAGAR ITSELF

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 06-07-2003, 10:04   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19979
Thanks Meter: 116
Answer:- this is because signal dropping has got nothing 2 do with calibration.... it is purely a hardware problem..... i would like 2 explain the Solution in more details but ill do it when i come 2 MARS :-)......
Old 06-07-2003, 17:35   #3 (permalink)

Member: 28964
Thanks Meter: 0
The Hagar is a non programmed IC, its the Cobba that has some written information programmed within the IC but it cannot be calibrated as such but will require the phone to be unlocked if a new cobba is fitted. The cobba and the epprom "shake hands" at boot up and the calibration is within the epprom itself. The PA can be calibrated with a good flash file / wintestla but usually this seldoms cures a reception problem.

If you still believe it is the Hagar thats giving you problems then you would be better to lift off the Hagar and re-ball or replace. If this proves difficult then use a Jig to remove as there are a lot of tiny components around the Hagar so be careful. This has been meantioned in another posting in this forum by Paul (PLang). For further information you may wish to visit the following site as they stock the Jig www.excelldirect.co.uk (or read other posting by PLang under "Nokia 8310 UEM etc etc" in "Nokia Hardware and hardware repair".

The above only applies to DCT-3 not DCT-4
Old 06-07-2003, 19:48   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1060
Thanks Meter: 10
Re: WILLY-About tx/rx calibration

Quote:
Originally posted by mujie
HI

QUESTION 1: WHERE ARE TX/RX VALUES STORED?,IF IN EEPROM WHY DOES FULL FLASH NOT HELP.

QUESTION 2:ARE THERE EASIER WAYS TO RE-CALIBRATE?

QUESTION 3OES CALIBRATION WRITE ANY INFORMATION TO HAGAR ITSELF

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Mujie ,

RX/TX value , it stored in eeprom ( flash rom ) !

EASY to measure and calibration , when you have correct tools !

MAD control Hager to set RF !

wintesla, can easy to make control for phone RF calibration or measure phone ! oscilloscope is EYE to see wave at BB or RF !
without working winetsla and scope, then , you are just try "lucky" to repair phones !

like you RF problem , i belive it no TX at all or TX level too low !
wintesla can read phone from eeprom TX all value, and you can "calibration it" and save to phones ! but more important , WHERE PART GOT PROBLEM ? this is question you have to find it out . so you need use wintesla to control phone RF side, and use oscilloscope to see how is it working or not , like TXP ( from MAD) , like TXC ( tx level control ), PLL control, TXDEV ....... you need use wintesla to set TX on correct level and measure all test points !

Willy
Old 06-09-2003, 09:30   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 13545
Thanks Meter: 2
Can we by pass the rx/tx calibration by flash the phone with a good eeprom ... ?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:52   #6 (permalink)

Member: 4989
Thanks Meter: 13
The meaning of calibration is to tune up your phone to best rx/tx values. You won't find 2 eeprom with same tuning values as every board has components with dispersed values in radio part. So the rx/tx calibration is done because phone need to function in some very restricted limits (adjustable by software). Same thing goes to energy management calibration, you'll see sometimes that after you write another eeprom in your phone, battery won't last as before. After any change to power part or rf part requires calibration, because your phone will be out of some tuning values. The big problem is that only some of us in this bussines can do calibration, because those tools are very expensive. So, my advice is to never write original eeprom, because you'll never match values from other eeprom.
Old 06-10-2003, 21:20   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 9763
Sonork: 100.1655983
hi our Moderators,

What about A/D value & calibration ? please how important is it ?

Regards
Laser
Old 06-10-2003, 23:13   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

HI

Very important , it might make : not charging , no signal, no .....
Old 06-12-2003, 17:23   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 9763
Sonork: 100.1655983
Hi,

Thank you Boss Willy.
please I need more info about A/D value how to read & calibrate by winesla or do I need other equipments ? and I need wintesla dll files for 8210 & 6210, can I find it also for dct4 phones like 8310 ?

Best Regards
Laser
Old 06-12-2003, 18:24   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Laser,

first you need have a service better to complete job of A/D energy calibration !

can not understand :can I find it also for dct4 phones like 8310 ?"

it include at phoenix !

Willy
Old 06-12-2003, 22:27   #11 (permalink)

Member: 31014
Thanks Meter: 0
signal drop every 30 sec ! Did you check fone ringer ringing slow ?