GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Motorola > Motorola P2k

Motorola P2k A-Series: A630,A668,A728,A732,A768i,A780,A835,A840,A920,A925,A1000,A1200
C-Series: C250,C26x,C33x,C35x,C370,C380,C450,C550,C650,C390,C975,C980
E-Series: E1,E398,E390,E375,E370,E378i,E380,E680,E770,E1000,E680i,E1070
P-Series: P280
T-Series: T280,T720,T721i,T722i
V-Series: V60,V66,V7x,V80,V150,V180,V186,V188,V220,V226,V235, V30x,V360,V400,V500,V525,V535,V547,V555,V557,V635,V600,V620,V872, V3,V3x, V3i,V980,V975,V1050.
other-Series: like L6,L7,U6.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 20:41   #1 (permalink)

Member: 61316
Thanks Meter: 0
(writing a faq need help) Confused, need help with uploading pictures.

Okay, I have all the right software, and its all working.

Got a C370 with a Mini USB cable.

So in VictorGSM I use the file browser, read the phone, and I get a list of about 120 files.

I made a graphic in photoshop (just my initials basicly) at 95x65 in gif format and saved it.

Then using GSM I selected upload file.. selected the gif and uploaded it. However nothing came up.

I keep reading "use mse and pst" but I haven't really figured out what the method of using those tools would be (just to upload one picture).

The JAVA thing and games.. I have a couple of games (with jads and jars). Using GSM I followed the instructions.. though the data cable thing has me a little confused (isn't it already connected?) ... anyways I tried to upload the game and I get an error about the phone not being prepared (someting along those lines). Even though I've started the App loader and its ready and the USB cable is connected and the phone knows it.

Can I get a hand with these things? The reason being (not only for personal use of course) is that I'm keeping track of everything I do and I'm tring to write a faq (which I guess would go in to the tutorial section in the end.. or on my site.. or both) so it will help the same questions I see over and over again (including this one).

I searched for answers but couldn't find them.

This is very interesting stuff, but also very frustering.. every time I use PST it seems I have to restart the phone after I do anything with it. Very odd.

Anyways, thanks for the help in advance.
Old 04-05-2004, 21:19   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 53575
u dont need to write a FAQ there's a sticky over @ howardforums and the thread is at least 5 pages long im sure every question is covered somewhere w/in those pages :P
Old 04-05-2004, 21:36   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 61294
Thanks Meter: 49
if troubleshoot,clean flare of phone.
if flash phone techici^ , use of incorrect calbes and unlocking software .
i suggest , you should flash this phone:" using EEPROM data to correct your IMEI,
SP unlocking.
Old 04-05-2004, 21:54   #4 (permalink)

howardforums... OH? Great! Thank you, that is one page I haven't come across yet. Thank you for the 411. I'll look there for answers.

I'm still going to compile all my steps ... its sort of a 'why not do it' because it will be of use to me and anyone else with the phone in the end.. even if there are other pages of information out there.. nice to have one phones modding steps in one document...

... but I'll look at howardforums anyways to see how its laid out there.

Thanks again.

BTW, bestman, I have no idea what you said there man...

"if flash phone techici^ , use of incorrect calbes and unlocking software"

I'm using a basic mini usb port cable and victorgsm and pst. About 'unlocking' btw, isn't that just for changing SIM chips to change providers? Why else would I want to 'unlock' my phone.. is modding the graphics concidered 'unlocking' the phone?

"i suggest , you should flash this phone:" using EEPROM data to correct your IMEI,
SP unlocking."

Sounds dangerous. Why should I flash this phone (the c370)? What is the benifit or the outcome of doing this?

Please reply, I'm very interested in this stuff.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:19   #5 (permalink)

More questions (any question I'm asking.. I'm asking because I couldn't find an answer anywhere)...

I've managed to change the custwakeup custgoodby images using PST... this is not enough for me.

I made an EMS using Mbackup and succesfully uploaded it with PST to my phone however when I went to find the file in the phone that was in the ems file that I uploaded to it, I could not find it yet memory was missing, and I could not find anyway to located the file and get rid of it or activate it (it was a small midi file).

Why can I not read all the files that I have uploaded to my phone with VictorGSM? I can only see the files that have always been there.. so the new custwakeup images are not there.. nor are the midis that I uploaded and can't find anywhere.

If I was to use the GSM to UPLOAD a new file to my phone (in the file browser) is there anything I need to keep in mind? Or can I count on the fact, that if the file worked as a custwakeup file that it will upload and show just fine... then I could use it as a background file or something ... correct? So just select UPLOAD and the file? But what about midi and screensaver files? Will those be okay? Can I have an animated gif be my custwakeup screens (I could try this myself, but I'm wondering if YOU already know the answer.. and can save me a little time and headache).

Btw, thanks for the HowardsForms link.. they are kinda cool over there, what I like about it is there are a lot of people from my area there and provider.. so its 'local' for me. But I still totally see a need for a faq for this type of phone, specially since my area and provider are having a special on them. AND, I even see people over there asking the same questions, I looked for those same answers (don't know if they did) but I can't find answers that really work.

I feel like I'm close to totally understanding this stuff.. a lot more then I was yesterday. Been awhile since I had something slightly challenging to do with my pc, so please reply if you can help me a little bit.

PS: Does anyone know what good MEDIA MANAGER 1.4 is? I can make a THEME file with it.. but then what? Can I UPLOAD it with GSM and have it 'work'? And why can I not see those types of files with GSM's file browser?

(sorry for all the questions.. but thank you for any answers)
Old 04-06-2004, 04:13   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 53575
you should take a look at sistorgsm and p2kman. sistor can change menus on cxxx im not sure which ones cuz i have a t720 but it looks like u can w/ it. flashing CAN make ur phone run faster and can get rid of bugs but then again sometimes its can have new bugs while fixing old ones :P but in general newer firmware is better, but if ur worried (its not a big deal u can always downgrade ur firmware) its best to read around and see if anybody posted havin problems w/ newer firmware. oh and u can get those two prgms @ www.motclub.com and pretty much any other site that has a download section for p2k phones.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:49   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 49428
Thanks Meter: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tralin9
u dont need to write a FAQ there's a sticky over @ howardforums and the thread is at least 5 pages long im sure every question is covered somewhere w/in those pages :P
Thats just about the only thing they talk about when u goto motorola section... cause they suck @ unlocking info!