GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   LG (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/)
-   -   Installing Usb Drivers For Lg Flasher? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/installing-usb-drivers-lg-flasher-200021/)

sutiee 04-12-2005 13:10

Installing Usb Drivers For Lg Flasher?

I am trying to flash 8120, but i get the following error

error occurred while port changing from uart to usb

How do I install usb drivers because windows never says found new hardware for me to point to the drivers folder.
Please help me and I have spent at least 2 hours searching forum, so please don't say search forum.

Unlockshop 04-12-2005 13:48

To uninstall or update go to control panel/system/device manager/

Select the controller and Right Click for the options

hope that helps.....

4R 04-12-2005 15:59

freind the drivers are inside of the folder ol lg..

sutiee 04-12-2005 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlockshop
To uninstall or update go to control panel/system/device manager/

Select the controller and Right Click for the options

hope that helps.....

I can't install because windows doesn't ask for drivers at any time.

sutiee 04-12-2005 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by spun
freind the drivers are inside of the folder ol lg..

Thanks
but i know the drivers are in the lg Epacomm folder but how do you install them when windows never says new hardware found so i cannot point to the folder with the drivers.

realdodo 04-12-2005 16:43

hi
make sure your cable is correct...i had similar problem when I was building my own cable ...but once I connect all the wires in the right way - windows immediately found new hardware
good luck

sutiee 04-12-2005 17:21

Thanks

I will try to get new cable, I was trying with cable that came with furious2. It seems it is a cable problem, I tried to flash a different phone and had the same problem.

blaiseid 04-12-2005 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by sutiee
Thanks

I will try to get new cable, I was trying with cable that came with furious2. It seems it is a cable problem, I tried to flash a different phone and had the same problem.

I some times have the same problem but just try and try.I always use my cable to flash the U series but for some of theme it s not easy to install DRIVERS.For, when it reach the time of changing port com to USB, there is an error MESSAGE, dont CANCEL that Error message, wait for some seconds, the INSTALLATION WINDOW will open and will ask you to install the DRIVERS, Install your drivers and dont close the first error message .When Drivers installation is DONE,close that error message and RUN your flasher.

Good luck.

Wassalam

sutiee 04-13-2005 11:22

Thanks to everyone esp blaiseid

After I keep trying many times. at least 20, eventually windows detected new hardware and i was able to install drivers and my 8120 v105 is now unlocked. I didn't change cable by the way.