GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   LG (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/)
-   -   KU990 Service menu - audio level (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/ku990-service-menu-audio-level-522357/)

quell 04-06-2008 22:56

KU990 Service menu - audio level

Hi,
I found some solusion how to increase sound level. So I change it but didn't make note of previous values....
Now my music sounds terrible, have anyone factory settings of this?
I did factory reset on this service menu but it doasn't change audio settings.
This is what I found:

"Increasing Volume Output
From KU990
Jump to: navigation, search

Technical Stuff that can bugger up your sound - FOR LIFE !! until you reflash it anyway Don't do it unless you are confident of success. Don't Moan if you F it up. Don't post requests asking how to do it.
Info on how to increase the media player volume for the headphones

1. Go in to the service menu 3845#*990#
2. Go to 2 Device Test
3. then 8 Sound
4. then 7 Audio CAL Tool
5. then 1 Audio Calibration
6. 3 Change Sound DB
7. Change snd_device_type to SND_STEREO_HEADSET_MEDIA (3rd one)
8. Change snd_method_type to METHOD_MIDI
9. Change Item_Title to rx_volume_db7(dec) (This is the Max Volume Setting, db0 is the lowest or silent)
10. notice what it says in Get Data ? something like -1400 ? this is what we need to change.

Guide is: -50000 is silent.So therefore 0 (zero) should be full blast BUT this also increases the Bass so 0 would be very distorted.
And a positive figure even more so.
I think the limit is around -500.

I currently have mine set to -500 and for the most part seems fine, but i am using Sony Ericsson walkman earphones which are decent quality. There maybe differences with other headsets.

To change click in the box for set data. Enter 500 and click OK. Then click the -(MINUS) button, and click OK to change it.
NOW, click the return arrow not C

11/ Finally click on Write Sound DB to EFS
Now use C to come to first Service menu and then press Red.

If you are already running media player at the volume level you just changed, you need to move down and then back up a level to hear the adjustment.

It maybe best to make a note of any figures you change so you can undo any mistakes.

Enjoy louder tunes on the move

Info on how to increase the media player volume on the Handset Speaker. (NOT headset)

For those of you asking if it is possible for the handset speaker too - the answer is of course Yes.
BUT - the figures we used for the headset are NOT the same AND you stand the chance of ****ing the speaker. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE.

I've not personally done it for a good few weeks this is guesswork: (dont blame me if it doesn't work - remember what you change so you can undo it later)

Follow the same procedure but snd_device_type is SND_SPEAKER_MEDIA (5th one down) instead.

== Info on how to increase the Radio volume using headphones ==

From daboy3000's post:

Go in to the service menu 3845#*990# Device Test
Sound
AudioCal Tool
FMRadio Calibration
Change FMRadio
FMRadio Parameters
FMRadio_Headset_Volume_0 is mute and set at 0
I went through adding 5 each time and this seemed to sound nice and loud towards the end. eg.

FMRadio_volume_db7(dec) = 35
FMRadio_volume _db6(dec) = 30
FMRadio_volume _db5(dec) = 25
FMRadio_volume _db4(dec) = 20
FMRadio_volume _db3(dec) = 15
FMRadio_volume _db2(dec) = 10
FMRadio_volume _db1(dec) = 5
FMRadio_volume _db0(dec) = 0

Finally click on Write Sound DB to EFS
Now use C to come to first Service menu and then press Red. "