GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   LG (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/)
-   -   LG GW520 Firmware Update Guide (DEBRAND) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/lg-gw520-firmware-update-guide-debrand-829200/)

gilipollas 09-23-2009 12:56

LG GW520 Firmware Update Guide (DEBRAND)

Original post:
http://forum.telefonino.net/showthre...568353&page=50

Source:
http://forum.telefonino.net/showthread.php?t=604017

Firmware Update Guide Gw520 (Google translated)

First of all some recommendations:
- Make a backup of everything that's in the phone before flashing the firmware, you never know you could lose all or a range of data heading
- As a precaution I have run all these steps without a SIM and microSD inserted, even advice you to do it (should not happen at all if not removed, but you never know)
- The battery must be inserted and also sufficiently charged when you upgrade the firmware, I believe at least two notches (of this I'm not sure, but I saw that the program checks the battery level before making the flash firmware)
- When you changed the firmware, DO NOT start the flash update the firmware for the LG normally otherwise you call that of tim!. Once you have changed the firmware, when you upgrade you have to use the method described in this guide.
- I do not assume any responsibility in case of problems
- Msn is only in the firmware of Tim, so do not put no brand if you want to keep messenger.

And let's start with the change of fw:
1) Download the utilities necessary to change the firmware: DOWNLOAD (mirror)

2) Extract the archive downloaded from megaupload so you have the files with utilities ready

3) Double-click on file B2CAppSetup.exe to install the utility of flash firmware lg (if at the end of the installation process you open the program window, close it) and extract the archive LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_4.9.4_NP_IFXG1. 0.0.6 (2).zip to a folder you like. Once we have extracted the file for installing drivers usb modem and a folder FlashUsb with the drivers for the flash via USB.

4) Install both of these drivers (just double-clicking on the executable).

5) Now extract the archive to a folder Lg-utils.zip at will, and extract the contents of LgDll.rar into the same folder where we extracted Lg-utils in order to overwrite two dll and LGMobileDL.dll LGMUpgradeDL.dll. WARNING: if not overwrite two dll, the process of installing the firmware will not start, so be sure to do so.
Now, take stock of the situation. We installed the modem driver, flash, flash dell'LG utility, extract the utility Lg-utils and overwritten the dll. If we did everything, we are ready to make the change of the firmware, then:

6) Move the firmware file in C:\ (this is done only for convenience)

7) Plug the phone with the provided cable and PC Suite how shall we say

8a) Wait until you start the PC Suite and tell us which identified the phone (in our case GW520) and shortened to an icon

8b) We initiate the file KP500-utils-EN.exe

9) At this point you open a DOS window with
the options. We write in order:

- I [Enter]
- GW520 [Enter]
- C:\V10A_02.kdz (or the name of the firmware file you downloaded you, including path) [Enter]
- V10A_02 (or the name of the file you downloaded you without the Extension. KDZ) [enter]

10) At this point you should open the program window to update the firmware lg (in verbose mode ). Let's have coffee, a cigarette fumiamoci pending flash fw and once finished we should have on our phone firmware you want (you not see right away if you changed the fw as not seeing the launch of TIM). I beg you, when you do this ABSOLUTELY NOT SPARE phone from the PC and can not do anything during the operation of flash, even looking at the time.

11) Enjoy your Intouch with the desired firmware

Thanks to "ThE_XaD" for the guide

Firmware list links

link Firmware version V10A Europe:DOWNLOAD (mirror)

link Firmware Version Europe V10C:DOWNLOAD (mirror)

TheSoulFury 09-23-2009 16:16

Many thanks
Muchas gracias gilipollas XDDDD(bonito nick XD)

TheSoulFury 09-23-2009 16:17

.................................................. ................

TheSoulFury 09-24-2009 22:55

Use only the ks360 utils. it doesn't owrk with the kp500

TheSoulFury 09-25-2009 07:45

Problem with video solved in this update! :):):)

dewi47 10-31-2009 13:03

But which is the newest/best firmware for this phone?
And what do the letters stand for?
Thanks

forgotime 01-28-2010 10:59

Can this utility be used to unlock the gw520? I know it can unlock the kp500 but does anyone have the know to work it to unlock the gw520?
Cheers
Have tested and works well as a flasher. I think V10C is the newer European version, although V10A is the bigger file.

guyderam 02-23-2010 09:25

Is gw520 same as gw525? Where can i get the latest firmware for gw525? I want to fully unlock this phone

rob897 11-07-2010 22:55

hi i done all the things in the instructions and all the branding of 3 UK (What the phone originally had) but it hasnt unlocked it still can only take 3 UK sim cards can anyone please help me out did i do something wrong?

thanks in advance
rob.

gilipollas 11-08-2010 12:26

This tutorial is only for debranding, not for unlock.

rob897 11-08-2010 19:42

ok but is there away to unlock for free?

gabyygsm 06-24-2011 19:47

phone is bloched on lg logo. what can i do? the solution above does not work on me