GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > LG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 20:44   #1 (permalink)

Member: 732722
Thanks Meter: 3
Cool Official LG (Tracfone/Net10) Thread!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to create a thread for Tracfone and Net10 (America Movil) phones. Was going to do this over at HoFo, but they are uptight about this type of stuff. So here goes.

This is the place for all America Movil LG phones. List all that you know about the phones.
1) Model #
2) Cellular type (GSM or CDMA)
3) Firmware Version
4) Menu Codes
5) Software (Firmware Flashing, Unlocking, Java, ect)
6) Firmware links (preferably unlocked, but if locked be sure to state "FIRMWARE LOCKED!"
7) Drivers (working/non working)
8) USB PIDs (because some GSM LG's installing CDMA modem driver instead of GSM)
9) Anything else that will add to this modding thread.

It's time people to get these phones unlocked and modded to our liking!
Old 12-30-2010, 21:02   #2 (permalink)

Here's my contribution. I have the LG lg900g.
LG900g TEST MENU: 1809#*900# (here you can get to the FACTORY RESET and ENGINEERING MENU)
I have the problem with USB modem connection, the phone is reporting to my computor that it is a CDMA modem, which is wrong since it's a GSM modem. The USB PID is incorrect, I think America Movil probably asked LG to encode the wrong PID so the modem feaature could not be used. Or they have removed the AT commands of the modem. For whatever reason my computor will not communicate with the modem. I'm workng on the solution now.
I have tried FACTORY RESET, don't bother it doesn't unlock the phone. It will erase all your contact and settings.
I have tried just about every code posted on the net to get to other menus but none worked. I kinda lucked out when I figured out the TEST MENU code. I have been able to get the Time and Date, Access Points, Internet Profiles, and Network Menus to show up in Settings Menu.
In the Engineering Menu, UART Settings, none of these setting help with the modem connection problem. I've tried them all.
Old 12-31-2010, 19:51   #3 (permalink)

*Update*
Have managed to get different drivers installed so the phone shows as an LG USB modem (GSM) via LG Mobile Update software.
PC software that works with the LG900G,

LG PCSuite 3 (will only communicate with phone via bluetooth) again USB modem commands not working. With this software you can backup contacts, read/send/backup email and text messages, transfer pics and music, Bluetooth DUN, ect.

LG Mobile Update (will check you phone for a firmware (software) update from LG) somehow this software is able to communicate with phone via USB, still working on how it does it since the AT modem commands seem to be disabled on this phone. Also to get the proper USB drivers installed, you must use the change country and language menu (on the LG Update program) choose Country: Germany, Language: English. New drivers will be downloaded and installed. But still no Modem AT commands outside of this program. I'll post an update when I figure the way this program communicates with the phone.
Old 01-03-2011, 19:24   #4 (permalink)

The LG LG900G has been chemically neutered by America Movil. There are so many features disabled by the firmware.
Connectivity:Selections (Bluetooth and Data) on non Tracfone instead of (Data) it has PC Suite.
USB Modem AT commands: Disabled
Bluetooth OBEX Profile: No 2 way serial communication, no dialup, no object push
No advanced settings like Network, Internet Profile, Access Points, and Packet Data Connection. In Messages, no menus to change email, messages, mms setup.
Old 01-03-2011, 19:58   #5 (permalink)

So here is the process that I've gone through with this phone. Originally wanted to unlock the SIM so I could use it in my other GSM phones, but from all the reading I've done, the only way to unlock the SIM card is to get the code from America Movil since the SIM App generates a random # that America Movil will use to generate an Unlock Code. I'm sure that the SIM can be unlocked but convincing them to unlock it would be a waste of your time.
So I changed course and wanted to see if I could unlock the LG900G from it's network lock. I searched for days for the right code that would get me to the USIM unlock screen. Appearently that is something that America Movil has also disabled. The only code that I could get to work was the 1809#*900# code that gets you to the TEST MENU, ENGINEERING MENU, AND FACTORY RESET. Played with those setting in an attempt to get the USB UART modem to communicate to no success. Getting access to the TEST MENU really wasn't any help.
I decided to make a sacrifice and flashed the phone to a GW300AT unlocked/unbranded OEM firmware. BIG MISTAKE!
Here's why: The Tracfone firmware has the proprietary software that the SIM uses. Basically this is a security software that uses an encrypted algorithm that opens the SIM to allow network access. This software also bonds the SIM to the phone, so it cannot be used in any other Tracfones. It's the same process the Directv and Dish Network use to bond the Access cards to the receiver.
The phone rejected the NET10 SIM just like my other SIMs. Which is kinda strange since an AT&T phone locked with a network lock will work with any AT&T SIM. You'd naturally think that the phone would still accept the NET10 SIM since the network lock is America Movil. But appearently the lock works with the America Movil software built into the firmware. That software is like an octopus with it's tentacles reaching into all functions of the firmware.
Now that the phone has the GW300AT firmware, I have been able to use the code 2945#*71001# to get into the network lock, but unfortunately I couldn't find a free code generator that actually works. So I bought the unlock code from cellunlocker.net, got the code today, entered the code, now it's fully unlocked. I wasn't holding my breath that the NET10 SIM would actually work. The phone actually did boot completely, but the SIM is doing it's usual thing of blocking the network signal and only allowing the Emergincy Calls. So without that encrypted code that the America Movil Security Software opening the SIM, there will never be any network access unless I make a call to America Movil CS and beg for the SIM unlock code, which in my opinion would be impossible.
So there's my adventure boys and girls. Hope this helps all those with the question
"Is there a way to unlock Tracfone/NET 10 phones or SIM cards?"
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotsman828 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2011, 18:44   #6 (permalink)

Here's a parting gift to everyone with a LG900g or GW300, you can use animated gifs as your home screen wallpaper. Just make sure they are 320x240 in size. Now your phone can have the cool animated wallpaper like Android phones.
Old 03-24-2011, 16:12   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1542668
Thanks Meter: 0
how did you get the firmware to flash, I can't for the life of me get it to work?
Old 06-16-2011, 22:43   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1596242
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny79m View Post
how did you get the firmware to flash, I can't for the life of me get it to work?
I just did mine...it's just a matter of patience...follow the instructions here,

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...orial-1083951/

not just the first post, but including instructions that were added later in the thread.

Also if you are a noob like me, you need to remember to take the battery out, and remember that you never have to turn on the phone during the whole process.
Old 02-14-2012, 21:22   #9 (permalink)

Member: 1722362
about the code you have purchase

@scotsman828 when you purchase your code from cellunlocker did you apply for LG900G or GW300, this is important info to get the right code. Right now I'm going through the same ordeal like you did. Thanks mate!
Old 02-20-2012, 15:21   #10 (permalink)

Thank You Scotsman828 for your help!

Your help has been unvaluable to unlock my LG900G and to upgrade it to GW300. I contacted www.cellunlocker.net and they provided me with a code that worked real fast. Tank you cellunlocker team!
I will recommend to anyone who needs to unlock their LG900G to wait until they spend all time that cellphone has so you don't loose it, and then to do the firmware upgrade to GW300. Once it is flashed get a code from the unlock service cited above. They are the only one who can unlock that cell phone in less than 24 hours. I certify what I say. Do not loose your money or your time. Be wise. If you think I can help you send me a message.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:33   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1724595
Sonork: PLZ
List all that you know about the phones.
Old 02-24-2012, 19:38   #12 (permalink)

@hznb if you need any info send me a private message stating what kind of help you need. Generaly, all has been said in this tread and it is accurate, the only thing I have to add is that you must do the port mapping correctly (follow the link provided by Michael Sean), and your cable must be recognized by the computer in the USB port selected, otherwise it will not work. If you get a pink window, when you try to flash, that is bad sign, cause window should be in greyish color to be ok. Once you have stablished your flashing progran in your computer, all you have to do is plugin your cell phone and you are ready to do anything you want.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:23   #13 (permalink)

To anyone interested in FREE fixed or animated backgrounds, games and applications for your LG GW300, I found this nice website:LG GW300 Games Free Download
Old 03-02-2012, 03:40   #14 (permalink)

Member: 538203
Thanks Meter: 13
here is my contribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
Hey everyone. Just wanted to create a thread for Tracfone and Net10 (America Movil) phones. Was going to do this over at HoFo, but they are uptight about this type of stuff. So here goes.

This is the place for all America Movil LG phones. List all that you know about the phones.
1) Model #
2) Cellular type (GSM or CDMA)
3) Firmware Version
4) Menu Codes
5) Software (Firmware Flashing, Unlocking, Java, ect)
6) Firmware links (preferably unlocked, but if locked be sure to state "FIRMWARE LOCKED!"
7) Drivers (working/non working)
8) USB PIDs (because some GSM LG's installing CDMA modem driver instead of GSM)
9) Anything else that will add to this modding thread.

It's time people to get these phones unlocked and modded to our liking!
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...done-1436530/:)
Old 12-05-2013, 20:12   #15 (permalink)

Member: 2077855
Hi my brother sent me a Lg900g phone from the US. I live in Belize City but i'm not able to get in unlock.