GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > LG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 07:19   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1639384
Sonork: rodrigt
Thanks Meter: 0
USB Driver for LG GT540 won't load, only bluetooth

Help please for a complete newbie! When installing drivers to connect my PC to an LG GT540 phone the Bluetooth seems to install OK, but NOT the USB driver, thus I cannot upgrade from OS 1.6 to 2.1.

This happens both on an XP PC and a Win 7 laptop. When I go to Device Manager>Ports I see "LGE Bluetooth..." and in DM>Modems I get "LGE Virtual Modem", but the phone still won't get recognized by the LG_PCSuiteIV_Setup, the LGMobile Support Tool (B2CAppSetup) or the KDZ updater.

Repeatedly I've uninstalled the above and retried loading the USB drivers by running the LG_PCSuite_IV and also by running LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_Eng_Ver_4.8.1.exe, but I get the same result.

Suggestions anyone? Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 07:46   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 57760
Sonork: 100.1579298
Thanks Meter: 3,510
Try this one
LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN34AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 4.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to nasirahmed For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 521
Thanks Meter: 76
....................LG GT 540..........................................

LG GT540 Usb Driver Download:

LGUSBModemDriver_Ver_4.9.6_All_091203.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to reserve For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 09:17   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirahmed View Post
Thank you for your immediate reply, unfortunately with this new 3.4 version I still got the same unsuccessful results as before. I am completely perplexed because a few months ago I succeeded in setting up this same LG GT540 model and now I can't get another going for my wife, so we could have identical phones.

Meanwhile I invoked a third computer (laptop with XP Pro) and got the same results. A new clue in that process (which I had seen before in the other machines) is that upon connecting the phone I got a series of messages: New hardware found... followed by... LG Platform ready to use... but shortly after: "... a problem occurred, your hardware may not be ready for use..." When I check the ports & modems, same as before only the Bluetooth shows up.

Would it be possible to update the OS via Bluetooth (which I've never used before)? Since we only use use our phones a few minutes per month my simple purpose is to graduate into "smart phones" while staying with G3 and AT&T's GoPhone prepaid SIM cards - no contract or data plans, simply 10 cents a min in the US.

While the first GT540 works superbly well, perhaps I should simply return this second phone and give up on LG. Any suggestions?
Old 08-28-2011, 02:05   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 125632
Thanks Meter: 233
try selecting usb storage or disk drive in the usb connections of the phone itself,,
then you have another drive letter,
open that drive letter,in that in folder called,pc connections,,there is all drivers,,
copy em over to your pc,extract em.
then back to usb connections on mob,change to another mode,,
when ask for drivers,,point it to the ones you extracted earlier..
im not sure,but im sure this model auto installs,after about 5min...
The Following User Says Thank You to bcatlock1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 03:51   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcatlock1 View Post
try selecting usb storage or disk drive in the usb connections of the phone itself,,
then you have another drive letter,
open that drive letter,in that in folder called,pc connections,,there is all drivers,,
copy em over to your pc,extract em.
then back to usb connections on mob,change to another mode,,
when ask for drivers,,point it to the ones you extracted earlier..
im not sure,but im sure this model auto installs,after about 5min...
Thank you! In my quest to get a second LG Gt540 to match the first one that worked so well I've now returned three phones to Amazon, it seems the US market (incl Ebay.com) has been flooded with phones made for the Orange network in the UK, whereas my successful first phone was made for Vodaphone.

Being a first time newbie with "smart" phones I have also since learned that the old GSM/EDGE/G2 is being phased out in the US. I say this because in spite of enabling G3, best I know it is made for 1700MHz and my AT&T operates on 1900MHx - http://theunlockr (dot) com/2009/10/07/how-3g-frequency-compatibility-works-why-your-unlocked-phone-doesnt-get-3g/

For the time being I'm giving up on this topic - thanks for your kind help.