Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
|Java, iOS, Android, Symbian development No SIS,JAVA,IPA Files to download here, this section is created to those who are Interesting in Programming JAVA,Android,iOS or Symbian Applications.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|12-25-2010, 01:05||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked 103 Times in 18 Posts
RomPatcher+ v2.4 (released on 24/December/2010)
RomPatcher+ is an improved and fixed version of the RomPatcher software developed by ZoRn.
Using RomPatcher+ it is possibile to reach a new level of customization for you Symbian phone.
Change-Log RP > RP+
This is the list of the main differences in comparison with RomPatcher by ZoRn:
- New: can dump the whole rom content to file \romdumpplus.dmp
- New: can dump the SuperPage content to file \superpage.dmp
- New: full support for DomainSrv.exe autostart
- New: introduced new commands ord_rel, ord_snr which allow to patch DLL using ordinal
- New: can be integrated in cooked ROM firmware.
- New: it is now possible to apply/remove patches with just 1 click.
- New: added vertical scrollbar.
- New: introduced the new command "+SuperPage" which allow to patch the RAM area where is stored the SuperPage.
- New: introduced support for a new commands, info: return: error: check the demo1-4.rmp patches included.
- New: introduced #ifdef, #ifndef, #else, #endif, #define statements. This will allow to retrieve system values at runtime to create more flexible and powerful patches. Check the ReadMe_Macros.txt for all the details.
- New: you can search / filter the patches in the list. Just start typing the patch name to apply the filter.
- New: wildcard ?? support for patches.
- Fixed: Kern-Exec0 error when closing RomPatcher after a patch was applied.
- Fixed: doesn't unexpectedly crash when using large and complex patches.
- Fixed: RP+ can correcly patch contiguous shadow ram pages without any crash.
- Improved: the shadow ram memory is now fully released when a patch is removed.
- Improved: better compatibility (supports also the OmniaHD, 5630, E52 and probably future devices).
- Improved: the "Patch Info..." option shows all the information lines contained in the patch.
Download RP+ v2.4 from the link below:
Feel free to post RP+ v2.4 on forums or everywhere you like, I want just kindly ask you to include the warning message below which is important for the survivor of the project:
+ New: Add to Auto (DomainSrv). You can now choose to start some patches using DomainSrv and some others using the standard way.
+ New: Fault-Recovery. When the phone is turned on and it crashes due to some bugged patch setted as "Auto", then all the "Auto" patches will be temporary disabled, so you'll be able to turn on the phone and remove the bugged patch.
+ New: Donate by SMS option. Select this to make a donation to support RP+
+ New: Two powerful new commands available for patch makers (ord_rel, ord_snr). I strongly suggest you to use them when you patch some dll.
ord_snr : ordinal (decimal value) : filename : original value : new value
ord_rel : ordinal (decimal value) : filename : offset (starting from ordinal): original value : new value
ord_snr:1:sys\bin\securitymanager.dll:AABBCC:AABBC C ; Apply the patch to the first export
ord_rel:1:sys\bin\securitymanager.dll:0A:AABBCC:AA BBCC ; Apply the patch to the first export+0x0A
+ New: Advanced > Dump ROM. Dumps the whole ROM content to file \romdumpplus.dmp
+ New: Advanced > Dump SuperPage. Dumps the superpage area to file \superpage.dmp
+ Improved: Popup will appears only once in a while (But don't forget that the development of RP+ needs to be supported)
+ Improved: Patches .zip archive moved to a different path \System\Data\RP_Patches.zip
+ Improved: For touch devices the Search Box is hidden by default
+ Fixed: Crash when \patches\ folder was empty
How to install RP+
There exists 2 different ways to install RomPatcher+ on your device:
1) If your phone has been already hacked to allow installation of unsigned .sis then just install RomPatcherPlus_2.4.sis
2) If your phone has not been hacked yet, you can create and flash a cooked fw following the steps below:
- Download all the original fw files using NaviFirm+ http://www.symabian-toys.com/NaviFirm.aspx
- Open the UDA fw file using NokiaCooker http://www.symabian-toys.com/NokiaCooker.aspx
- Insert the patcher.ldd and patcherShadow.ldd files in c:\sys\bin\ folder and press the Save button.
- Use Phoenix or JAF to flash the modded fw on your phone.
- Eventually, use your DevCert or OpenSigned Online to sign and install the RomPatcherPlus_2.4_LiteVersion.sis
Useful tip for patch-makers:
If your patch uses some features of RP+ v2.4 and above (like ord_rel, ord_snr) I suggest you to include in your patch a check, using the code below:
#ifdef RP+VERSION_2.1 #define NOT_COMPATIBLE #endif #ifdef RP+VERSION_2.2 #define NOT_COMPATIBLE #endif #ifdef RP+VERSION_2.3 #define NOT_COMPATIBLE #endif #ifdef NOT_COMPATIBLE error:Please update to RP+ v2.4 or above to use this patch! #else ; your patch code goes here... ; your patch code goes here... ; your patch code goes here... ; your patch code goes here... #endif
- ZoRn for the original RomPatcher idea.
- FCA00000 for its brilliant brain.
- wadowice, templove, bugb, abgnokia, leftup, CODeRUS, Leonapapa, PNHT and others, for their contribution to the underground Symbian scene, keep up with the good job!
- megaexer for svg icon.
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|6110 power does not stay on||sc~micro||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||5||04-10-2013 02:07|
|what prog changes imei on 6110 and how do i do it?||Ravetrancer||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||3||07-31-2012 20:09|
|Service Provider Lock 1-4 ?||StompSC||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||2||06-27-2012 11:00|
|FREECALL HACKED SIMS ON SALE FROM FREECELL!||FREECELLUK||Main Sales Section||0||07-07-1999 23:22|