GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > CAR Electronics

CAR Electronics however its a non GSM/Phone Related, but why not !! you can get here All Car Electronics Programming and Unlocking tools & Codes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 20:07   #1 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 8086
Thanks Meter: 180
Audi concert 2 code

Hi,

First, i'm not begging for free code, I have been in gsm for at least 10 years, now changed job, just wanna get some info about the thread title.
I have a concert 2 ( Grundig) in my a6 , just bought some aux adapter for the head unit to connect my iPhone. This is a cd changer emulator and has an iso8 mini jacket on the head unit side. If I connect it the head unit asks for code (SAFE) on the lcd, if reconnect original cable , head unit works again without code.
The problem is I didn't get the code from the guy I bought the car few years ago. What possibilities I have?
- Ask local Audi dealer for code based on chassis no. and radio serial?
- Somehow get code from radio serial?
- read eeprom dump and get code from that? ( I have ponyprog and enough skills to do that - unlocked e.g. many alcatel hd's and he's in many-many years ago with eeprom reprogramming
To tell the truth I don't prefer too much disassembling that cra.p. and desoldering chip from it
Thx 4 your answers
Old 03-04-2012, 20:48   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 538927
Sonork: M1DJF
Thanks Meter: 891
Come on don't be lazy just read the EPROM and upload the dump for code as I can give you code from dump but not with serial. May be some other member with calculator may give you the code.But serial number will be required.
Old 03-04-2012, 21:01   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1286720
Thanks Meter: 359
Have the feeling your radio doesn't need a code, which is strange because your model of radio should be requesting a code when connected to the original harness. (after full disconnection from power?)

Given that the radio is not requesting a code when connected to the original cable, I would think that your adapter/crossover cable is missing connections.... I'd check that everything that should be connected when attached is being connected.
Old 03-04-2012, 22:51   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Thx 4 your answers, I've been tought about some missing pins too (original cable has all parts of upper connector - C1,C2,C3 - connected, aux adapter ( cdc emu ) has only C3 pins) I will test and post result

Mod. : yeah, think C2 has CAN bus pins too...that's must be missing when the cdchanger emulator is connected
Old 05-29-2012, 19:28   #5 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Success cut original 20 pin connector not used side ( CDC data, aux, where cdc emu iso8 is connected ) and connected original connectors line out lr lf rr rf and canbus , plus iso8 of cdc emu with cdc aux and cdc data lines. Now headunit plays music from my iPhone and doesn't asks for code.