GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > CAR Electronics

CAR Electronics however its a non GSM/Phone Related, but why not !! you can get here All Car Electronics Programming and Unlocking tools & Codes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 17:45   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1147846
Thanks Meter: 0
Delco RDS Vin locked

i am very familiar with reading and writing serial eeproms, however before i remove the eeprom from my delco rds stereo and risk breaking a pin off of it, i would like to know if the vin number is in the 9355093 chip and if it is, is it coded? or just convert hex to decimal all i have to do to find it and change it.

reason why i bought a replacement off the internet not knowing that they are now locked to the vin number of the vehicle they came from. since i am capable of reading and writing chips, id rather do it my self over paying 100.00 at the gm garage to re-program it.

if i havnt given enough info to answer my question, just tell me what i need to give you.
Old 06-06-2012, 23:06   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 909783
Thanks Meter: 829
check expert from your location.
Old 06-07-2012, 13:59   #3 (permalink)

why not ask an expert here? am i asking something wrong? i just want to know how to read my own dump file is all / get an idea of what all is actualy contained in it and modify it if necesary
Old 06-07-2012, 16:54   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 909783
Thanks Meter: 829
Follow this link all basic you need to know is here.http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f179...newbie-503264/
Old 06-07-2012, 17:15   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 538927
Sonork: M1DJF
Thanks Meter: 891
to start with you need to give full details of the unit make model etc
and please read the forum rules as that will help you to obtain this code to read and write the eprom is not a big deal the deal is to extract the info from the emprom or mcu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werowance View Post
why not ask an expert here? am i asking something wrong? i just want to know how to read my own dump file is all / get an idea of what all is actualy contained in it and modify it if necesary
Old 06-07-2012, 20:03   #6 (permalink)

i have already read that sticky and it tells how to obtain a dump, which i already can do. at the end it says to send in the bin file for someone else to decode. but what it doesnt tell is how to decode it my self without help. thats why i was wondering if the vin number was there in plain site just in hex format, or if i had to decode the vin number. i dont want to start with the one in my vehicle now because at least the radio part works and desoldering those soc package chips can be a bit dificult and often results in a broken pin or lifted trace. so i wanted to take the other one i have and desolder it, since i dont know what the vin number is of the vehicle it came out of, i wouldnt know where to look in the bin file.

i leagly purchased the used stereo and as far as i know im not doing anything illeagle here.

and by the way, the sticky is a very good one, with lots of tips on soldering and making your own hardware, but i already have all that, custom built programmers drawn, developed, etched, drilled and soldered my self some years back. i mostly used them for re-setting chips on toner cartridges for refilling them.

anyway ill get the exact make and model and post back soon.

thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 20:13   #7 (permalink)

ok, here is the info

delphi part no 12246889
gm part 10357886
sn looks like 4105 but has a rub on the sticker
and i was just thinking, is it that i shouldnt ask you all how to do the decode part my self that you only want the bin file sent to you to decode? if so i understand, i even made sure i had my location set before posting the very first time.