GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > CAR Electronics

CAR Electronics however its a non GSM/Phone Related, but why not !! you can get here All Car Electronics Programming and Unlocking tools & Codes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 15:01   #1 (permalink)
MLB

Member: 975957
Thanks Meter: 0
Micra: entered wrong code, need to wait 45mins - with key in?

Micra, disconnected battery. Entered wrong code 3 times (was entering code from old car ), display says SECURE.
I now have the correct code (hopefully), I enter it as per the manual (using radio presets 1-4 then up-arrow) - still says SECURE.
Manual says that after entering incorrect code need to wait 45 minutes, but also mentions (in a bracket) leaving in ON position.

I have waited several days since the incorrect code was entered, and driven lots of 30mins journeys. Does it mean I need to actually leave the key in the ignition (turned one notch presumably) for 45 mins continuously to reset this and allow me to enter the correct code??

(For info, it's Micra 1.0 Passion '98)
Old 02-26-2009, 17:36   #2 (permalink)

Member: 469145
Thanks Meter: 5,153
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB View Post
Micra, disconnected battery. Entered wrong code 3 times (was entering code from old car ), display says SECURE.
I now have the correct code (hopefully), I enter it as per the manual (using radio presets 1-4 then up-arrow) - still says SECURE.
Manual says that after entering incorrect code need to wait 45 minutes, but also mentions (in a bracket) leaving in ON position.

I have waited several days since the incorrect code was entered, and driven lots of 30mins journeys. Does it mean I need to actually leave the key in the ignition (turned one notch presumably) for 45 mins continuously to reset this and allow me to enter the correct code??

(For info, it's Micra 1.0 Passion '98)
YES!
The ignition must be on for 45 minutes.... then you should make sure you have the correct code or you may lock it out forever....
The Following User Says Thank You to shooting@orange For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2009, 23:33   #3 (permalink)

Member: 846799
can you send the type of the cd and the serial ?
I can check it ..
Old 02-27-2009, 10:55   #4 (permalink)
MLB

Right, I turned key a notch, and left radio on (Question 1: did I have to actually leave the radio on?).
After 45 mins it returned to show "CODE", so I entered the code my garage had given me - failed to unlock :-( (displays "SECURE").
Question 2: Can I check I am entering correctly (I am following the manual): press PreSet 1 the number of times the first digit of the code, PreSet 2 the number of times the second digit of the code, same for digit 3 and 4. Then press the up-arrow of the radio search once.
Is there a min or max time I need to hold in any of these buttons?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56   #5 (permalink)
MLB

Right, I turned key a notch, and left radio on (Question 1: did I have to actually leave the radio on?).
After 45 mins it returned to show "CODE", so I entered the code my garage had given me - failed to unlock :-( (displays "SECURE").
Question 2: Can I check I am entering correctly (I am following the manual): press PreSet 1 the number of times the first digit of the code, PreSet 2 the number of times the second digit of the code, same for digit 3 and 4. Then press the up-arrow of the radio search once.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:15   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 538927
Sonork: M1DJF
Thanks Meter: 891
Quote:
hi
that means the code which you have entered is wrong this is why it goes to secure. as how you have entered the code is correct but the code maybe wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to M1DJF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2009, 15:27   #7 (permalink)
MLB

Smile Decoded!

Quote:
...- failed to unlock :-( (displays "SECURE").
OK, after a lot of hassle, I finally got my radio unlocked!
Firstly, big thanks to Tony of www.premierrecodes.co.uk who did me a great deal on resetting the radio, and explaining how it works (it's tied to the car, and learns the car details on first switch on after reset etc).
What was the actual problem in the end - well I had not mentioned here that the LCD display has deteriorated, so you can't see all the digits properly. Even though I was following the instructions in the manual exactly, it didn't mention that you need to press the "1" key first, to get you to the four zeros, after which you enter the code. So when I pressed the "1" key as part of entering the first digit of my code, it actually just brought up four zeros, whereas I thought I had set the first digit to 1!

Oh well, you learn every day!
M
Old 05-05-2009, 22:52   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 909783
Thanks Meter: 829
Talking

Quote:
Firstly, big thanks to Tony of www.premierrecodes.co.uk who did me a great deal on resetting the radio, and explaining how it works (it's tied to the car, and learns the car details on first switch on after reset etc).
What was the actual problem in the end - well I had not mentioned here that the LCD display has deteriorated, so you can't see all the digits properly. Even though I was following the instructions in the manual exactly, it didn't mention that you need to press the "1" key first, to get you to the four zeros, after which you enter the code. So when I pressed the "1" key as part of entering the first digit of my code, it actually just brought up four zeros, whereas I thought I had set the first digit to 1!

M
Perfectness is not in man
Remember what you're aware is jounior to you
What you're ignorant of is senior to you even if simple.
Peace
Old 05-06-2009, 14:44   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 757688
Thanks Meter: 19
Quote:

M
good shop,i send a mail for more info
thankz
dr_audio