GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Multimedia

Nokia Multimedia No Unlocking or Flashing Programs here, this section for Ringtones, Wallpaper and other media Files and Windows/Java/Symbian games and applications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2003, 10:46   #1 (permalink)

Member: 37567
Thanks Meter: 0
8310 only locked for calls!

Hey,

I've got a 8310 that works in all ways except for outgoing calls. I can send SMS and recieve calls etc.

What is the problem?

It does seem to be locked to a specific operator (Comviq - Sweden) though, but using this operator should enable all functions right?

Thanks in advance for you help.

/Owen
Old 08-27-2003, 12:34   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9719
Thanks Meter: 4
its barred mate
Old 08-27-2003, 12:49   #3 (permalink)

Member: 37567
anythiing you can do about barred phones?

NO way i can unbar it?

owen.
Old 08-28-2003, 00:14   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 12065
If you can get a DCT4 IMEI editor you could change the IMEI and unbar it. This procedure is illegal in most countries so i dont advise it. You can search the net for one but i have not been able to find a free one or one that doesnt cost the earth. Good luck.

Not to go against daloser's verdict on the phone but in the UK if the phone is barred you cannot do anything with the phone. It switches on and lets you enter the menu but you will either not get any reception at all or you will get the "Sim Reg Failed" message. If have never seen one that has been able to recieve calls or send messages as i would think this would defeat the object of barring the phone. Not sure if this is the same for other countries.

Also, try unlocking the phone to see if that sorts the problem. If not try another sim card in the now unlocked phone and see if that works (If it does the phone is not barred). If you need the unlock codes to enter you can go to the relevant part of this forum and get it or post your imei and the current network provider code (I believe Comviq GSM is 24007 but you better check) and i will post the unlock codes for you.

Hope that helps,

Rebels Advocate.

Last edited by Rebels Advocate; 08-28-2003 at 00:22.