GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Multimedia (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f18/)
-   -   how to make a blinking logo (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f18/how-make-blinking-logo-55745/)

gardz 09-11-2002 04:40

how to make a blinking logo

how to make a blinking logo in 8210

Dave.W 09-11-2002 22:33

first you need to open the flashfile you are writing (best to use mcu and ppm as one file) in a hex editor and search for an operator name from your phone (such as orange or O2 - UK) and you'll see it with a load of other names. this section of the ppm is the "plmnv" and you will see a long list of provider names from all the countries which are covered by the language pack you are using (same as the list of languages). infront of the name you will have one vyte something like 0Ah, 09h or something and infront of that you will have F0h. infront of F0h you will have the network code reversed (one byte) so for O2 (UK) you will have 01h, for orange (UK) you will have 33h. infront of this is some other stuff then the other names of your country.
you need to put the mouse pointer infront of the first letter in your network name and drag it so all networks in your country are covered then use copy and paste to move it one byte to the right. in the space you created, add 01h (this is the control that causes the text to blink). select the who country block again but this time start at the end of your networks name. in the new space at the end, add 01h again (now it is like a flashing text message :)). open the file in ppm splitter/fixer and correct all ppm checksums or use ppm manager to correct ppm crc. flash to phone and update faid by rolis/eeprom tools if you used ppm manager or use koci/b-phreaks log if you used ppm splitter/fixer. now your network name will flash (and it will really piss you off after a few days;) ).
note it is possible to just select your networks name when moving the flash up a byte but when you put the sim card from a different network in, it wont work properly.
hth

gardz 09-13-2002 18:05

how to make a blinking phonebook in 8210

Dave.W 09-13-2002 23:03

are you stupid?

Allen 09-14-2002 06:11

Ask what he knows... :cool:

Dave.W 09-14-2002 09:28

some person asks for info, i give an exact explanation (lots of research time for me to find this info) and he still either doesnt get it or is to ignorant to say thankyou.
maybe if i said "click this button, type your operator name and click go" he would have been happy

Allen 09-14-2002 10:23

Really stupid newbie, dont worry Dave.W i apologize for what he has i his mind. Im glad that your help for others really upholds everybody especially on the modification manner.

And before i forget many many thanks to you!

REGards...

Williamcwy 09-16-2002 04:00

Dave.W,

TQ, man...

comiter 09-17-2002 23:46

What about N7110

can i do it in n7110 too.

watch man 09-18-2002 04:11

Dave.W,

Is it posible to make a blinking bitmap operator logo?

simlockboy 09-18-2002 05:26

thankz mate

ed2k_7 09-18-2002 06:27

Re: how to make a blinking phonebook in 8210

Quote:

Originally posted by gardz
Be precise and be thankfully responsible... Don't ask 1 by 1... it's more of a learning experience here in Forum rather than begging for some hints. Board Rules said that search first before posting...

Board Rules for us specially for Newbie