Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
|Nokia Multimedia No Unlocking or Flashing Programs here, this section for Ringtones, Wallpaper and other media Files and Windows/Java/Symbian games and applications.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|11-19-2008, 05:53||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Thanks Meter: 193
RaceChrono v1.09 Beta2
RaceChrono is a GPS based lap timing software for Nokia Series 60 smart phones. It can be used to measure lap times on almost any vehicle and track. It can be used to measure laptimes for example for motorbikes, bicycles, cars, water jets and quadbikes.
The main feature is of course the Live Timer, which shows your lap- and sector-times in real-time. Also included are a scalable graphical display of traveled path, satellite reception display, speedometer and a compass. When you're back at the pits, you can also browse through your lap and sector times, or view your trap speeds. Or maybe analyze your laps by graphs of time, speed and altitude compared to any another lap.
All lap timing sessions are logged, and the results can be viewed afterwards. The raw NMEA-output from the GPS is also saved, so you can use that in other compatible software if you wish.
And yes, there's always the question of accuracy when it comes to timing anything. After extensive testing, we feel really confident on RaceChrono's accuracy. Our tests together with commercial lap timers have showed an accuracy of between +- 0.03-0.10 seconds with a cheap 5 Hz receiver. Switching to an ordinary 1 Hz SirfStar3 receiver RaceChrono was still very accurate - on the level of +- 0.10-0.15 seconds. Keep in mind however that accuracy is fully dependent on the quality of your GPS receiver and signal reception.
Note that if the signal from the satellites is too weak, your lap times can be inaccurate and in worst case you can even miss some laps. So take care to position your receiver properly on your dash close to the windshield, or maybe even outside the car! Use the satellite reception display to help you find the best location in your car.
You can download tracks from the RaceChrono software itself; by selecting Track profiles > Options > Download new. Just copy the downloaded file to /RaceChrono/Tracks/ on your memory card.
· New expiration date is May 31st 2009.
· Preliminary Touch support (for S60 5th edition). Most stuff now works on touch screen, except zooming maps and graphs. This needed major rewrite of the custom parts of the user Interface, so beware of bugs, even though most of it looks the same on the old phones.
· Improved Lap and Performance view. Whole row is selected on views where there is no need to select individual columns, like High/Low speeds mode for example.
· Improved Browse traps view: The view can be opened even if there is no traps defined. When moving or rotating traps, use 2 and 3 keys to move/rotate faster.
· Improved Analyze View: Smoother map browsing, selected point is now always at center and most important settings moved to the Options menu. Added “ghost car” to the map, which is the blue arrow. Removed (partly defunct) time difference calculation.
· Improved Traveled Route view: Navi-key now opens the graph viewer.
· Improved CSV export. Trap names are exported (again). Laps marked invalid are now omitted from the file.
· Removed “Add trap here” option from session menu (this is now in live timer only).
· Fixed: Crash when exporting .CSV on 2nd edition device (v1.01 beta bug).
· Fixed: Warning text wording.
· Fixed: GPX export validation (1.0 standard) and speed field fixed.
· Fixed: Problem with Hi/Lo speeds, only every other plot was inspected, causing too low high speeds and too high low speeds!
· Fixed: Problem interpolating Bearing from 360 to 0 degrees.
· Fixed: Lap and run list can now be opened, even if no laps/runs are completed.
· Fixed: Tracks list was not sorted after adding or renaming a track.
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|09 Jan 2009: "Language" v1.09 released (Multilanguage User Interface)||InfinitySupport||Infinity-Box||4||01-11-2009 13:11|
|BB5KING v1.09 ory lose with BB5KING v1.03 Cracked GSM-IR||tedyjohar||BB5KING||1||12-25-2008 10:11|
|Smart-Clip v3.09 and S-Card v1.09.||GSM_Support||Smart-Clip||17||09-02-2007 07:31|