GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Multimedia

Nokia Multimedia No Unlocking or Flashing Programs here, this section for Ringtones, Wallpaper and other media Files and Windows/Java/Symbian games and applications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 18:58   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 629260
Thanks Meter: 74
Trick To Rename App/games for S60

Here is the cool way to rename app/games in any symbian phones i think.

I have tested this one in n72,n70me,6681 and dunno about other phones if its working or not.

But i think it work for for all symbin OS7,8,9..

go further and read this carefully...

As you can see in screeshot, i have renamed turbomsn to msn.

First you need to move this app or game so it is the first app/game on the menu.

Here is an example, if i want to rename the X-plore this is were it has to be first in the menu.

Now you need to send an.sis file to your phone, (it does not matter which app or game) as you can just unistall after

now you install the.sis as you normally would, then as soon as its complete or in the middle of installition, press menu (need to do fast here) and highlight a folder icon (like office or tools etc....) and press options.

Now just wait.

After a few seconds, you will see your cursor go back to highlight the app/game at the start, (the one which you moved there just now),in this demonstration it would be X-plore and now because you still have the options menu open, you will see that you still have the option to rename, normally not any option on any symbian phones.When your cursor has highlighted over the app/games, thats it, just simply select rename to app/game......

Do the same thing to rename it to original name (if you want to) just place app/game as first one from that menu, and follow steps again, this time renaming back to original or other name.

This also works if you uninstall a app/game and quickly move to menu as soon as its finished uninstalling, as this also refreshes the menu, causing the cursor to jump to the first icon.

This works on n72,n70me and 6681 as this is tested on n72,n70me and 6681, and app/game stays with same name you put it even after restarting phone, Yeah i think this will work on other symbian phones Hm!? but see no reason why it shouldnt,.this is great way to rename your applications/games. im very curios on which other phones this works on Hmmm... it works a treat on n72,n70me and 6681, no problems as yet, everything is still very stable..