GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Sharp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 20:46   #1 (permalink)

Member: 422542
Thanks Meter: 0
Please stop me from jumping up and down on my GX10i and it's cable

Realy... all I want is are the drivers that XP needs when ever I plug in the USB cable that came with the Sharp GX10i phone my nephew just gave me..

just the USB Data Cable drivers.. i don't want to spend for ever searching through the pages of advers and **** that google seems to have become lately.. I just want my drivers.. or some drivers.. please help me get this thing working..

maybe it's the bottle of wine I just drank but nothing seems to work : (

thanx.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:38   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75765
Thanks Meter: 722
Donate money to this user
Get it

I hope its right driver for your GX10 cable, it should be USB2COM

Happy new year
Attached Files
File Type: rar 98ME_20011_2kXP_20024.rar (105.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 01-02-2007, 13:19   #3 (permalink)

Hi thanx for the reply.. and the file but unfortunatly.. still not the drivers..

the cable is a straight USB on one end and into the phone on the other.. and when I plug the cable in (to any of the loads of USB slots on my pc) XP asks for 'usb data Cable' drivers.. the last time I pointed xp to the files you gave me and it just went on about not finding the necisary drivers... I even instaled them by right clicking on the inf files.. still no go...

Thanx anyway
Old 01-02-2007, 14:58   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 120120
Sonork: 100.1592092
Thanks Meter: 234
Didn´t your phone came with softwre? Because a few years ago i had one and it cames with the drivers included!
Old 01-02-2007, 18:57   #5 (permalink)

yeah it very well may have... but then that would be my brother in law who then gave it to his son (that would be my nephew) who then gave it to me... yesterday... here uncle simon have my old phone! ..he gave me a cable and the phone and told me that was it and had there been anything else with it.... it is lost..

I see lots of advers for a data cable which has a com port type connector, the sort of thing u plug a realy ond joystick into... but what he gave me was a USB cable..

I have found some drivers.. they aren't specificaly for the cabel I have.. but at least now I can comunicate with the phone through my PC.. it doesnt recharge but I can swap over picturs and stuff...

if anyone could post drivers they have for a USB type data cable they may have had at some time for a GX10i I would be the happiest person in the world... ever..

Honest.

thanx again

P.S. why these arent on the Sharp GX10i website page is totaly and completely beyond me.. or then maybe there is something I don't know.. maybe they just expect me to rush out and buy a new phone... I dunno..

P.P.S anyone?
Old 01-02-2007, 22:46   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 275159
Thanks Meter: 7
about data cables for sharp ...

Sharp GX10 and GX10i don't have USB connection built in ... So you need Serial cable ... If the cable you have is for Sharp GX10 that means 2 things. 1. The cable is the one you need
2. The cable have a middle box ( plastic ) and inside you can find a USB to serial converter.
Depending on the type of converter you have ... you need the appropriate driver...
What you can do ... open the middle box and read the name of the CHIP inside. After that go and search for appropriate driver.
If is FTDI - goto ftdichip.com
If is Prolific - goto www.prolific.com.tw
and so on. After you correctly install the driver you need to go to control panel and check for COM port number.
After you know COM port number you select in software the appropriate com port and DONE!
Old 01-02-2007, 23:26   #7 (permalink)

Hi.. and thanx..

on th chip and in writing so small it hurts my eyes to see it is written..

SILABS
CP2101
DONAUF

thanx again... I'm off to search for something.. I'm assuming SILABS is the manufacturer..

thanx

edit... if anyone ever finds themselvs here PM me and I may be able to help

Last edited by bubblefun; 01-03-2007 at 14:02.