GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Flashers, Software, Firmware.

Samsung Flashers, Software, Firmware. all Universal Software, Flashers, Editors, Unlockers, Secrets codes which support Mutliple Samsung platforms.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 12:55   #1 (permalink)

Member: 879829
Thanks Meter: 0
display games on f480 right

hi

finally thanks to this forum i can install games on my mobile without the download solution

but now comes the downside because the touch control uses a bit of space from the display so i can't read what's on the bottom. is it possible to make the controls transparent somehow? maybe there's a custom fimware or something else?

or does anyone know where to get games designed for the f480 so they support touch control?
Old 10-19-2008, 17:17   #2 (permalink)

Member: 11499
supposedly adding the line "MIDlet-Touch-Support: True" to the 'manifest.mf' file is meant to help but i've had the same problem as you.

So far the only game i've managed to find that actually works properly and fully with the tocco/f480 screen is 'Block Breaker Deluxe, all the others have problems where they display the bar at the bottom and won't sense any touches to the screen at that point.
Old 10-19-2008, 17:24   #3 (permalink)

where is the file you were talking about?

it's ok they don't support touch as long as i could at last read what's written on the bottom. with some games i have the feeling they fit to the screen so nothing is cut.

it would help to just make the bar transparent or een bigger and transparent. the numbers pad is hard to hit with fingers. and it's useless without a 3x3 layout.
Old 10-19-2008, 17:35   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himiko View Post
where is the file you were talking about?

it's ok they don't support touch as long as i could at last read what's written on the bottom. with some games i have the feeling they fit to the screen so nothing is cut.

it would help to just make the bar transparent or een bigger and transparent. the numbers pad is hard to hit with fingers. and it's useless without a 3x3 layout.
via this thread - http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=597709

I might be a little slow - but how can you play a game on the phone without using the touch screen?
Old 10-19-2008, 17:37   #5 (permalink)

i meant it's ok to use the bottom panel to control. not the game itself has to be touch sensetive.

i'll try your tip later
Old 10-19-2008, 17:42   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
i meant it's ok to use the bottom panel to control. not the game itself has to be touch sensetive.
Do you not find that using the button on the right of the bottom panel causes the game to pause and an option to resume or exit?
Old 10-19-2008, 18:23   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdss View Post
Do you not find that using the button on the right of the bottom panel causes the game to pause and an option to resume or exit?
hmm i don't quite understand what you mean. i have cursors, two ... buttons left and right and an ok button
Old 10-19-2008, 18:25   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
hmm i don't quite understand what you mean. i have cursors, two ... buttons left and right and an ok button
i take it that's on the actual screen?
Old 10-19-2008, 18:34   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
i take it that's on the actual screen?
yes. how else can you control a game?
Old 10-19-2008, 18:48   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
yes. how else can you control a game?
you confused me when you said "it's ok they don't support touch as long as i could at last read what's written on the bottom".

Have you got any games working and displaying properly at all?
Old 10-19-2008, 18:52   #11 (permalink)

nearly all the games i tried are working, some seem to adjust the display themselves. and every game displays the control bar on the bottom. what i meant was that the games don't have to cotrole the whole screen as touch like the photo puzzle that's pre installed.

i tried your link and added the line to a game but the bar is still there after reistall.
Old 10-19-2008, 19:12   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
i tried your link and added the line to a game but the bar is still there after reistall.
yep - that's my problem: even when they are being reported as 'no bar' on that link, it looks like they still don't work as they should - the same problem as you with the bar obscuring the game at the bottom (and i have the added problem of the bar not responding to being pressed).
Old 10-19-2008, 19:27   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
yep - that's my problem: even when they are being reported as 'no bar' on that link, it looks like they still don't work as they should - the same problem as you with the bar obscuring the game at the bottom (and i have the added problem of the bar not responding to being pressed).
we need a keyboard to plug into multiport
the best solution would be a transparent 3x3 grid. i think some iphone games also have transparet control buttons.