GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 11:43   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1552610
Sonork: 100.1604734
Thanks Meter: 1,370
Cool Galaxy S3 I9300 Flashing & Root Guide

I9300 Flashing and unlocking Guide

Samsung Galaxy S3 S III GT-I9300 Stock ROM (Original ICS Firmware)

Here’s the Samsung Galaxy S3/S III GT-I9300 original stock ROM. These Galaxy S3 stock ROM were all original and unmodified pulled from Samsung Kies official firmware server. Stock ROM are already proven useful for fixing soft bricks, upgrade, downgrade, returning back your Galaxy S3 to official stock firmware in-case you messed up from modding, rooting, installing a zip file and etc.
How to Download and Install Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Stock ROM
1. You may first check your device current firmware information.
Information Location Example Model Number Settings > About > Model Number GT-I9300 Android Version Settings > About > Android Version 4.0.4 Ice ***** Sandwich Product Code Keypad > *2767*4387264636# GT-I9300LKAXEU Firmware Versions Keypad > *#1234# PDA: I9300XWKE2
PHONE: I9300XXKDJ
CSC: I930OXFKD4 Kernel Version Setting > About > Kernel Version 2.6.35.7-I9300XWKE2-CL187606
root@DELL101 #2 2. Check your device product code by typing. Each Samsung Galaxy S3 devices had a unique product code varies from each country of origin. It does not always mean that you lived in the UK you always got the XEU version, it may happen that your device is already unlocked and purchased it Germany or got from Amazon or ****.
2. Always remember your old firmware details, so that you can revert it back once encountered some issues when flashing.
3. Download the latest specific firmware files that match to your device information – country and carrier network.
4. Follow carefully the step by step guide on how to manually install the stock ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S III Original Stock ROM / Firmware

These stock ROMs are Odin flashable, meaning you need to manually flash it using Odin flasher and not via recovery option for this is not a CWM flashable zip.
Disclaimer: Use the stock ROM files at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if anything happens to your device by using such files.
Device Region Carrier PDA CSC Phone Android GT-I9300 Turkey unbranded I9300XXALE8 I9300OJVALE7 I9300XXALE8 ICS 4.0.3 Samsung Galaxy S3 Modes

Recovery Mode

How to put you Galaxy S III into Recovery Mode:
  1. Turn off your Galaxy S III phone.
  2. Then hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons of your Galaxy S2 smartphone until the Samsung logo comes up.
  3. When you see the Samsung logo; quickly release the buttons for half a second and then hold them again.
Your Galaxy S III will then boot into its Recovery mode. You may then use the volume keys to navigate and the home button to make your selection.
Download Mode

To set your Galaxy S III in Download mode:
  1. Put your device in “USB debugging mode” : Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
  2. Turn off phone completely
  3. Hold down Power Button + Down Volume + Home Button at the same time
It will then boot on into a download mode screen.
To get cancel from download mode without flashing anything, keep the Power Button pressed for about 5 seconds, the phone should shutdown.

you can download a firmware from here

DOWNLOAD LINK

Details here

Android 4.0.4 I9300VFGALE6 Italy (Vodafone)

For some reasons how to root the device info is here

The Galaxy S III gets rooted before launch! Just a few days back, recognized developer Chainfire over at XDA-Developers released the news to Android fans that he has managed to gain root access on the device, but since the insecure kernel being used to root the device was traceable back to the source of the leak, the kernel was not released. Not anymore! Chainfire has finally released all that is required for eager users awaiting their Galaxy S IIIs, to root the device. The ******* of a phone that defied all Apple lawsuits questioning Samsung’s hardware and OS design, is ready to make its mark in the world of Android, and this early root access,has positioned the device for making a major impact. If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on an SGS III, read on for a detailed guide on how you can root the phone.

According to Chainfire, the modification of the kernel was not as easy as done for the SGS I, SGS II, and SG Note, because, “…this time around, Samsung is using the standard boot.img format, instead of the zImage format used for SGS1, SGS2, SGNote, etc, that is much harder to repackage.”
This time around, the SGS III also has a separate Recovery partition, and unlike its predecessors, a custom recovery can now be flashed independent of the kernel.
As for the warning triangle at boot up, there was none after the modified kernel was flashed, but Download Mode did show a kernel flash counter, which increased. It is unknown whether or not flashing a custom recovery will increase this counter or not. Please do note that this method has not been tested on an actual SGS II yet.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device gets bricked or damaged in any other way due to this method.
Requirements:
Instructions:
  1. To begin, download the insecure kernel and extract the file to find a TAR file.
  2. Download the root package and extract the contents.
  3. Put the phone in download mode. Hold down the Volume Down key, Home key and Power keyand when prompted, press Volume Down to enter download mode.
  4. Run ODIN and click PDA to select the TAR file you extracted from the insecure kernel zip package.
  5. Now connect the phone to the PC via USB and when you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button in ODIN to begin the flashing.
  6. Once the phone reboots, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
  7. Connect the phone to PC again if you disconnected it, and run install.bat found in the root package you extracted earlier on.
The phone will reboot once again, and once done, you will have a rooted Galaxy S III. For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.

ORIGNAL FLASHER from samsungMob.com website for i9300

DOWNLOAD HERE
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to unlock phones For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 05-30-2012, 12:13   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Most of you looking to get your hands on Samsung’s latest Galaxy S III smartphone will still be waiting, but courtesy of the intuitive folks over at XDA, it’s already been rooted. As was the case with the Galaxy S, S II and the larger-than-life Galaxy Note, it doesn’t have a locked bootloader, so the task of acquiring root was automatically that tidbit easier.

Samsung could have made it difficult for the hackers and devs to get into the Android innards, but have done the community a real service by shipping the device with an unlocked bootloader. Many OEMs love to play hard-ball, but the Korean company doesn’t seem altogether bothered with what users do with a device once it’s been paid for – as it should be.

While, as stated, we don’t reckon many of you will be in possession of a Galaxy S III just yet, it’s good to have the information out there so you can get a rough idea of the steps involved when you finally do get your paws on the Samsung’s first quad-core effort.

As usual, follow at your own risk. This tutorial is posted for information purposes only.

Step 1: Download the insecure kernel (based on the XX NEE ALE8 firmware) from Chainfire.

Step 2: Download ODIN 1.85, which we’ll be using to flash the insecure kernel.

Step 3: Once you’ve download both, extract using the archiving tool of your choice. I use WinRar, but if you’ve done this before, you’ll probably have your utility of choice already installed.

Step 4: After extracting the kernel, you’ll be left with a .tar file.

Step 5: Place your device into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power / Lock buttons simultaneously, and pressing Volume Up when prompted.

Step 6: Run ODIN, connect your device to your PC via USB, and within ODIN, click on PDA and select the .tar file you extracted from the insecure kernel.

Step 7: Click Start and the flashing process will begin.

Step 8: Now you will need to “upgrade,” as it were, from insecure to full root. To do this, you’ll need to boot your Galaxy S III, and enable USB Debugging by browsing to Settings > Applications > Development.

Step 9: Your insecure root allows adb root commands, but won’t enable your apps to get superuser access; thus, you’ll need to install SuperSU.

Step 10: Download the sgs3-root-install.zip file [XDA Developers link], which contains SuperSU v0.89, and extract it.

Step 11: With adb running, double-click the install.bat, and after a reboot, your Samsung Galaxy S III will be fully rooted!
The Following User Says Thank You to unlock phones For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

ODIN 1.85

SuperSU v0.89
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

XX NEE ALE8 firmware

(tar file do not need to extract)
Old 06-03-2012, 14:02   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1655929
Sonork: arafay67
Thanks Meter: 2
im not able to fine root package install.bat file
Old 06-03-2012, 22:42   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1761687
Sonork: 100.1669047
Thanks Meter: 494
hi all here i added all i9300 roms original all

4Firmwares_v1_2.rar - 536 KB
10x
Old 11-15-2013, 16:04   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2063693
Thanks Meter: 0
firmware upgrade encountered an issue on galaxy s2 help me
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2023768
Sonork: 100.1661054
Thanks Meter: 76
samsung gt-i9300 seccesfully flashed with odin

put your phone in download mode
shut down device
press volume down and home and power
select files
press start
i have capured photo on my pc but i do,nt know how to upload from pc
can any body tell me how to upload

Last edited by imraan ali; 04-08-2014 at 09:43.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:55   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

i9300 file selection
mo_eur_opan_4g.pit in pit section
AP_I9300XXUGML2_2303192_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5 in pda section
MODEM_I9300XXUGMK6_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 in phone section
CSC_QVZ_I9300QVZGML3_2351686_REV00_user_low_ship.t ar.md5 in csc section
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

[IMG]www.trickytweaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ODIN-Flash-firmware-Instructions.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-15-2014, 08:28   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1395476
Sonork: Men7896
Thanks Meter: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by imraan ali View Post
i9300 file selection
mo_eur_opan_4g.pit in pit section
AP_I9300XXUGML2_2303192_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5 in pda section
MODEM_I9300XXUGMK6_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 in phone section
CSC_QVZ_I9300QVZGML3_2351686_REV00_user_low_ship.t ar.md5 in csc section
Hihi.
May I know where you get this firmware?
I try download from samfirmware but all in 1 files only.
I need to do re-partial therefore need this kind of firmware.
Thanks
Rgds