GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Flashers, Software, Firmware.

Samsung Flashers, Software, Firmware. all Universal Software, Flashers, Editors, Unlockers, Secrets codes which support Mutliple Samsung platforms.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 18:11   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2125355
Thanks Meter: 0
Need Help please for my samsung note 3 SM-N

Hello, i need help i bought my Samsung galaxy note sm-n9005 4G LTE EUROPEAN SIM MODEL, in my country the network is 2G GSM

Is there any way change the network frequency or network from 4G LTE to 2G frequency GSM.

PLEASE VERY URGENT
Old 02-25-2014, 18:15   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2131081
Sonork: 76543322223
Thanks Meter: 92
it should have been in your phone by default.
Old 02-25-2014, 18:27   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1766567
Thanks Meter: 1,788
If the phone you are looking at shows 4G bands, then it's N9005. From what you mentioned about the frequencies used by our carrier, the N9005 will work just fine. However, consider the regional lock problem before you buy a grey market device. The phone you buy might be capable of working with your network, but that does not mean it will actually work.

I found out the hard way that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE/4G N9005, international unlocked model will not necessarily work on the bands which it is compatible with due to a stupid Samsung policy: Samsung locks some bands on their factory unlocked phone!
If you go to negrieelectronics.com, you will see that they have different variants for the N9005, there's the t-mobile unlocked version, the AT&T unlocked version, and the factory unlocked version. Each one of them supports different LTE bands. Get the one suited for your network. However, keep in mind the regional locking restrictions.

There are a few T-Mobile versions of stock firmware floating around including this one: Samsung SM-N900T (Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile USA)) official firmware
Old 02-25-2014, 18:30   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 model N9005 is the international LTE/4G model and mounts the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor which is compatible (in theory) with these frequencies:

MHz: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 (Snapdragon 800 processors | Mobile Technology | Qualcomm Snapdragon Processors) and you can download the full specifications here: http://www.qualcomm.com/media/docume...-product-brief

The problem is that the N9005 comes in a number of different MPN (regional lock) versions. Each MPN has its own radio/modem setup and each modem has its own (up to theoretical maximum of 6) LTE/4G bands/frequencies setup.

Therefore to answer the question: " What LTE bands does the N9005 support?" you have to first find out which MPN model you are talking about.

I found out the hard way that a "factory unlocked, region free" Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB N9005 phone, listed under Samsung US | TVs - Tablets - Smartphones - Cameras - Laptops - Refrigerators to be compatible with bands 1, 3 , 8 and 20 is not, in fact, capable of working on those frequencies/bands because I bought a factory unlocked model of the wrong MPN version. There is room for legal action here but that's another matter for a different topic.

Just FYI here are a few MPN versions that you must consider: ZKEXSI, ZKEBTU, ZWEBTU, ZIEITV, ZKEITV, ZWEITV, ZKEPHE, ZKEDBT, ZWEPHN, ZKEPHN, ZKATGY... beware because there are more.
Old 02-25-2014, 18:32   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I am not sure if there is a SM-N9005 which will work on AT&T. I think that there is a specific model called SM-N900T or something like that. And I think that that model only has one MPN firmware - it's own AT&T firmware. But I'm not sure at all about this.

I don't know a lot about AT&T but there is a specific thread here on XDA about that phone and carrier.

If AT&T uses one of the frequencies listed in the link to Qualcomm which I posted, then, yes, you can use the SM-N9005 on AT&T. But... to do that you will need to:
1. Find out which frequencies AT&T uses (the band numbers and not the MHz frequencies)
2. Find out from my link if those bands are native in the Qualcomm chip.
3a. Find which MPN has the right modem.
4a. Flash that MPN with a programme called Odin (you will need specific, detailed instructions to do this, which you can find online)
5. Find the correct AT&T APN (data access points)
6. Set up that APN in your phone (you will need specific, detailed instructions to do this, which you can find online)
OR
3b. Find the correct CSC portion of the MPN firmware (the CSC is that part of the MPN which carries inside the modem specifications - Carrier Specific Code).
4b. Flash only the CSC with Odin
5. & 6. should not be necessary
OR
3c. Find the correct modem and radio.
4c. Flash that modem/radio in the CSC portion of the MPN firmware with Odin
5. & 6. Will be necessary
OR
3d. Find the factory "service mode" number. This is a simple number prefixed and postfix by #* which you simply type on your keyboard, as if it were a phone number.
4d. Once you access service mode, enable the correct modem (hoping that it's resident, but it should be if point 2 was a YES).
5. & 6. Will be necessary

I need bands 1, 2, 8 and 20 for my carries (I live in 2 countries at the same time).
I tried to find the "service mode" code but couldn't find it.
I tried to find the right radio/modem which operates those bands but couldn't find it.
I tried to find the right CSC that carries those bands but couldn't find it.
I tried to find the correct MPN that carries those bands but couldn't find it.

So now I'm flashing different MPN (firmware versions) hoping that one will, sooner or later, contain those bands.
If you can find the codes to access service mode or which modem or CSC or MPN carry your AT&T bands and those bands are supported by the Qualcomm chip, then it's a piece of cake!

You only need one of those methods as the MPN contains the CSC which, in turn, contains the modem which, in turn, can enable/disable bands.
All you need, in theory, is to enable the correct bands if the Qualcomm chip hardware supports them.
Service mode is *#0011#
Old 02-25-2014, 18:37   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

For those of you traveling abroad outside the U.S. with your Verizon Galaxy Note 3, did you know that your Verizon Galaxy Note 3 is a “world phone”?

The Verizon Galaxy Note 3 comes “unlocked”, meaning you can use any GSM SIM card and use it as a world phone. And yes, this method will allow you to use your Verizon Note 3 on networks like AT&T or T-Mobile. However, you will not be able to get 4G LTE on AT&T or T-Mobile, you may be able to get 4G LTE in other countries though (if 4G LTE is compatible with Verizon’s 4G LTE frequencies). HSPA+ w
Old 02-25-2014, 18:59   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2125355
Thanks Meter: 0
i am from Palestine and network here is 2G