Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
|Samsung Flashers, Software, Firmware. all Universal Software, Flashers, Editors, Unlockers, Secrets codes which support Mutliple Samsung platforms.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|06-23-2011, 15:50||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
S8500: [TUT] Install Alpha android 2.2 on your wave.
We DEV's are NOT responsible for any damage you make to your phone. You also shouldn't expect us to fully support it since it's still an alpha that changes every hour. And our n00b Policy: Questions asked more then 3 times will be IGNORED. so READ BEFORE ASKING.
I will make an interactive step-by-step tutorial which could possible help you .
Sadly I've have to make it an .exe since my webhosting is gone...
Update 22-6-2011: Okay. Lots of warnings removed due to stuff that ain't nessecary anymore. Audio Fixed. Market should be.
S8500XXJL2 - Get S8500XXJL2_Full.rar on Wupload.com
What works in this version
Market (including install)
Modem (not in this version yet, but we have signal on the M130K)
What NOT works in this version
Modem (3G, Calls, etc.)
Sensors (This causes the battery charge bug]
My WiFi ain't working but I followed all the steps, what should I do?
A: Download this app: Get com.farproc.wifi.statIc-1.rar on Wupload.com put it in /data/app/ run it on your phone and turn wifi off and on again. This will work 100% guaranteed or YOU are doing something wrong
I stay stuck at the Galaxy S logo or it boots bada
A: I dunno, Redo all your steps (except for the flasing part)
I want to see some proof of android running
A: Go to ShadowAS1 @ XDA-Developers - live streaming video powered by Livestream
My apps wont install
A: This is an permissions error. If you have CHMODDED everything as told and you are using the NEW zImage you should be fine.
Okay, Lets get started
What do we need?
a Computer running windows or linux*
a Ubuntu 11.04 CD
Your S8500 + USB Cable
Fota: Get bl_univ_boot_poc2.zip on Wupload.com
zImage and SBL.bin: Get update_22-6_zImage.zip on Wupload.com
Multiloader v5.62: Get MultiLoader_V5.62.rar on Wupload.com
Android FileSystem Get badadroid.rar on Wupload.com (There IS an zImage in the file, Do NOT USE IT, DELETE IT)
*= You won't need the ubuntu cd or vBox if you are using this
WARNING: Flashing is NOT without risk. Do NOT do this if your not completely sure it will succeed or you WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.
Step 1.2 Flashing the BL and FOTA
Same thing here.
1. Open up multiloader, Select LSI and check full download
3. Click FOTA, Select the FOTA you just downloaded.
4. Boot you phone to download mode. (if you don't know how to you should not do this)
5. Click Port search, Download.
6. When done boot bada to make sure the phone works fine. If it does. Continue
Step 2: Installing VB, Ubuntu
Okay, I was told many people have problems with partitioning. This is how i did it and it WORKED.
In this step i will discribe how to install VirtualBox and Ubuntu, If you already done this Skip to step 3
1. Download VirtualBox from: Downloads - VirtualBox
2. Install it. When installing i Suggest you download and burn/mount ubuntu if you haven't yet. Download | Ubuntu
3. Make a new VM in VirtualBox. Jst follow the steps. If you have 4GB RAM I would recommend assigning 1GB to the VM
4. Install ubuntu on the VM. I'm not gonna explain how to do that, just follow the wizards.
Step 3: Installing gParted and partitioning your card
For this step you should have your phone running in bada USB connected with Mass Storage mode.
1. In your Ubuntu VM go to ubuntu software centre. Search for gParted and click install
2. In the VM window you see the menu, Click Devices -> USB Devices -> Samsung Electronincs GT-S8500 Wave. This will connect the wave to ubuntu
3. Launch gParted and wait till it's done scanning. At the right top corner you'll see a drop-down box. This will list all seperate devices. In my case /dev/sdb was the SD Card. You'll just have to look which one os yours
Note: In this case i am assuming we're using the standard samsung 2GB SD card.
4. You found your card? Great, Now first format the partition(s) and then delete them all
5. Then (assuming you're having a 2gb card) Split the card in half (that mean make 2 equal sized partitions) the FIRST partition must be FAT16 the second MUST be ext2
Step 4: Transferring Files EDITED
Okay, I've COMPLETELY re-written this part due to much changes. Goodluck
This part can ONLY be preformed on ubuntu.
In this part we'll need the galaxyboot files and the filesystem
1.Log in as root on your ubuntu box if you haven't already
2.(re-)connect your wave so it mounts the partitions.
3. Open up the filesystem and move the CONTENTS of the filesystem folder to the root of the ext 2 partition.
4. In your ext2 partition go to /system/media/audio and rename ui to uibak
5. go to /data/wifi and delete the .conf file in there.
EDIT5b. open up a terminal and navigate to the SD card (shoud be in /media) and do "chmod -R 0777 ./*"
6. Open up the internal memory of your wave and put the galaxyboot folder in there. In there you should have 2 files: zImage and sbl.bin
NEW! 7. go s3c-keypad.kl - Pastebin.com and save this file as s3c-keypad.kl place it in /system/usr/keylayout and overwrite the existing file
7. Now you should be all ready the only thing left is to open up a terminal and type "sudo sync" (no quotes)
Step 5: First-Time run
Okay, now we're ready for first run. This does NOT mean we're done yet.
READ THIS ENTIRE STEP BEFORE STARTING
1. Remove the USB cable and shutdown bada
2. When shut down press the end call button and immideatly after that you press the start call button. Release the end call button when the screen turns on
3. When you see the Samsung GalaxyS S screen release all the buttons.
Notice: It may take up to 5 minutes for first time boot. As long as the screen stays on everything is fine.
Notice2: In case your screen turns of remove the battery and double check everything you've done.
4.Booted up? Awesome. Pass the welcome wizard. Do NOT type in the keyboard part. This will freeze the phone.
5.You passed it? Great. Now you can continue
6. The phone will ask you which launcher to use. I don't car which one you use. I've always used TwLauncher. it's up to you
7. In order to let your keypad work normal Go to settings -> Text and Locale -> Samsung keypad -> Uncheck all
This is it. Now your phone should function normally. If things go wrong for you do not hesistate to ask.
|The Following User Says Thank You to a2401314 For This Useful Post:|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|6110 power does not stay on||sc~micro||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||5||04-10-2013 02:07|
|I neeeeed NCDS 2.0!!!! plzz!!!!||ratzfatz||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||2||06-16-2011 09:59|