GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens Hardware Repair Area

Siemens Hardware Repair Area all about Hardware Repairing you can get if here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2004, 20:44   #1 (permalink)

Member: 96206
Thanks Meter: 0
A Crimbo POEM...MY SX1...WHAT'S GOING ON???

Please can you help

I thought i had a dead SX1 but then managed to get the SWupdate screen on so tried a version of SWup that allowed USB (location 0) and performed a full suite of updates as per program (core Flash 1 set and Flash 2 set)

Messages were:

Are you sure you want continue setting up Nordic uk de -5- etc with RUSSIA uk de-15- etc and i said ok

All went fine and update started. It was great, i saw blue lights appear on the phone for the first time ever and the software all seemed to update fine in around 4 stages and approx 10 mins. Then the phone re-booted and I saw the screen shots for the first time....then it asked for a sim.

I put a sim in and it rebooted fine and asked for my pin number. As i put the very last pin number in it froze. i tried a few key presses but nothing so i removed battery and tried again. The phone has not responded since. It is completely blank screen with a slight change in screen shade when the red key is pressed. I cannot get the software update screen to reappear or anything

Can anyone tell me what has happened....it was so close yet no cigar...i can't believe it booted up after days of trying with a dead phone only to die again....

thanks for any info

Alan