GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Griffin Products > Griffin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2003, 16:30   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3430
Thanks Meter: 3
Just got my griffin box and I have some questions!?

I have just recieved my griffin box yesterday and have been tesing on a few phones and i have some questions that i hope some experts can help answer for me.

1) Can griffin detect the exisiting PPM of my handset that i am to flash? It appears not but this would be useful, is there another way i can check?

2) For griffin to auto detect the correct flash files for DCT4 do i have to place griffin.exe and fias at: D:\ProgramFiles\Nokia\Phoenix\ ? If I do this then griffin does not auto detect the correct flash file for DCT3 handsets (where i have these dct3 flash files located at D:\Wintesla). What is the best way to setup my system so griffin will automatically detect correct flash files for both DCT3 and DCT4?

3) What is ADSP flashing? I understand this is to do with MP3 playing handsets - 3300 and N-Gage. Can i flash these handsets without flashing ADSP? If not can I flash the ADSP area using the USB cables provided with the phone in the box?

4) when can skip BT flashing be used?

5) more generally when i flash a handset that has been customized by a network provider e.g the handset contains default GPRS and MMS settings and a default wallpaper these are always lost when i flash with griffin. Is this because i have selected the incorrect PPM? Where are these settings stored within the phone, is it MCU or PPM??
If my friend wants his UK Orange 6100 flashed I can do this but he will loose all MMS and GPRS settings etc and he will not be happy with this. How can i prevent this??

I am impressed with the simplicity of griffin yet i am dissapointed that there is no upto date user guide for this software. 14,000 griffins deserves a decent user guide.

Any way I hope experienced griffin users can answer the above questions.

Kind regards

Dan

www.unlockme.co.uk
Old 12-18-2003, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 11290
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi there, i have also just bought griffin gold. My problem slightly different, i cant flash dct3 phones. I have read about problem and think i need wintelsa? not got it on the cd that came with my box though. Can you halp dan, i notice you say your computer has it, great website by the way, goes from strength to strength
Old 12-18-2003, 17:03   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I dont have wintesla on my machine, Wintesla folder is created when you install dct3 flash files.

Glad you like the site :-))

I hope someone can answer my questions raised above!!!

thanks

Dan
Old 12-18-2003, 22:10   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@emmerdale
i think your problem probably lies in the ini files read this topic:
http://forum.griffinbox.com/showthre...hlight=phoenix

with regards to my questions i have found the answers to 2) and 4) but i am struggling to find anyone who can help me with the others!!

regards

Dan
Old 12-19-2003, 19:28   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 11290
Thanks Meter: 0
Thanks got it all working now, downloaded some original flash files from www.freegsmteam.com and it installed wintesla at the same time. By the way dan the links for original flash files on your site are no longer use full but the above site gives free flash files for dct3 and dct phones in all formats. Hope this helps anyone else new out there.
My problem now, cant flash a dead 8310, Keep getting error about cant find fia file in pheonix. I have tried all fia files i can download. do i need the fia to suit the flash i am sending or the one allready on the phone? Cheers for any help anyone can give.